5.0 out of 5 stars A Mountain of Resources
I recently was a victim of a large company lay-off. My choices were limited considering I gave up teaching English to work in the private sector and did not want to return to the classroom.

Published on February 9, 2006 by Kyla Rogers

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but getting dated
If you are looking to start a Professional Organizing business, this book has beginner information to assist you. However, the book is getting a little older, so the information is not as current as other books out there. There is still valid information in the book, but for the price, other PO books are better.
Published on February 13, 2008 by L. Alvarez

5.0 out of 5 stars A Mountain of Resources, February 9, 2006
This review is from: FabJob Guide to Become a Professional Organizer (FabJob Guides) (Paperback)

I came across this guide after following the advice of a friend who suggested I should look into becoming a professional organizer since I have been doing it pretty much all my life for free. I have decided to pursue it and the grief I felt for losing a job I loved has changed to overwhelming excitement for the months ahead. The guide is awesome.

It includes everything I had questions about and a mountain of resources to help build my business in various stages. It was well worth the very small charge.

4.0 out of 5 stars I want to be..., March 13, 2006
I am looking to start my own company. This book was a good start. However, if you are looking for HOW to organize, this is not the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for new organizers, February 6, 2006
Linda Henderson (Raymore, Missouri) - See all my reviews
"This is a great book especially for new organizers. It gives valuable information on the organizing profession from industry leaders. The sample forms and checklists will help you be well on your way to starting your own organizing business or give you new ideas for your existing business."

- Linda Henderson

Concepts In Organizing

Raymore, Missouri

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but getting dated, February 13, 2008

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as helpful as I had hoped., February 27, 2007
While this book is helpful, it fell short of my expectations. I found it lacking in a lot of areas. One thing I did like was the CD that came with it, so that you can access forms.

5.0 out of 5 stars From the publisher, September 13, 2009
I rarely post reviews about FabJob books on Amazon, but there were a couple of comments I wanted to help with.

First, I noticed a couple of people commented they didn't receive the CD-ROM that comes with the book. Fortunately, the reviews of this particular book are the only place we've heard of this. It sounds like it hasn't been a problem for most readers, but in the rare case that you didn't receive your CD, please contact us (you can find our contact information on page 2 of the book) and we'll immediately send it to you at no cost to you along with a complimentary gift of the FabJob Guide to Dream Careers to apologize for the inconvenience.

Second, if you are considering buying this book but are concerned that someone mentioned the book is getting dated, I wanted to reassure you there's a new edition. The most recent edition of the book available on the date I'm posting this (in September, 2009) has a 2009 publication date.

We appreciate readers of all FabJob guides and wish you the best for your career as a professional organizer.

Tag Goulet
co-founder of FabJob

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Resource, May 11, 2007
This book has excellent and easy to follow advice on how to start a professional organizing business. I particularly appreciated the information on how to set fees and how to get customers for my business. Lots of helpful samples are included including a rate sheet, contract, invoice, etc. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good resource to get started, September 2, 2006
Marlene A. (Sharon, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I thought it interesting that a Professional Organizer didn't actually write this book, but instead, the author interviewed several different organizers thus giving you ideas and methods from a variety of sources. The book includes some good marketing ideas and a CD with sample business forms to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make money organizing!, December 1, 2011
Great book! Very informative. Covers everything you need to know on being a professional organizer. There's alot more to be an organizer than I expected! Lol! I'm very pleased with the book. It arrived quickly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas, April 21, 2013
This book provides the novice and pro home organizer with information on how to begin a business, market your business and planners to help people become organized.

FabJob Guide to Become a Professional Organizer (FabJob Guides)
FabJob Guide to Become a Professional Organizer (FabJob Guides) by Grace Jasmine (Paperback - July 1, 2005)
$49.95 $33.59