4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Until you become king...
After finishing the game, I have been forced to edit my review.

I was a huge fan of Fable 2, I loved the interaction with the people, the cities, and how you could make the game your own. Fable 3 is a good successor to the Fable storyline. The main plot is engaging and the wit/humor found within keeps you laughing. The game does a good job of mixing up the...
Published on October 26, 2010 by Ethan P.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Great Disappointment
SPOILER ALERT!
Having enjoyed Fable 2 to the fullest extent, you can imagine how excited I was to finally bring home Fable 3. After beating F3 in about two days, I am so upset I could almost cry. I will list the good and bad (or evil) as follows:

1. I liked the larger gameplay areas, but hated the lack of maps. How in the heck am I supposed to know where...
Published on November 1, 2010 by Andria Redlin

‹ Previous | 153 54 5575 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars All the glitches killed it, October 31, 2010
Nichole M. Parrish (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
*simi spoilers*
Where to start! Im SO pissed off right now I don't even know what to say. I spend 60 dollars on this game and all I got was one glitch after another.
The First glitch was the jobs. Every time I tried to do the job and "press X/A/Y" the game would glitch stop then one second later it was over and I lost.
Second glitch: find all the chickens Mini game. I found all the chickens brought them back and the guy refused to talk to me again instead I had 3 chickens fallow me, it was funny and cute for a while. UNTIL next glitch glitch 3: The DOG thought he was the chickens and the chickens thought they were the dog!! However the chickens CANNOT dig or complete quest for me and all he dog dose now is sit around...
Alright I thought I have only put 14 hours into this game let me see if I can finish it with out the dog. So im going going doing alright then *spoiler* when Walter gose blind and you go out into the desert... WELL now hes stuck behind a WALL I cannt get to him and can NO longer complete the game.
This is the glitches game I have ever played in my whole life. Im so mad so I cant stand it!
Other then that the game was great...my friend said she has not ran into one glitch when I have hit every thing under the sun!!!!
I might play it again but after all the effort I put into this game Im just so MAD!!!!!!!!!
>.>

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 11, 2014
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Really cool game! Fast shipping worked perfectly

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5 stars, January 25, 2015
Jay K. (Indiana, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Awesome game, play through it now and again yet

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not perfect, but who cares? It's tons of fun., March 3, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Fable III is an excellent game. It takes a few steps back for the series (discussion/interact has been totally messed up), but takes a lot of steps further (unique and interesting quests). It is definitely worth picking up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 25, 2014
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
It works perfectly and was early on delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Time, January 7, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Don't waste your time or money. Boring. Extemely Easy Fighting and Quests. Many Many Bugs. I don't normally write reviews, but this one was bad enough I thought I should atleast warn you. Seriously, don't buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 9, 2015
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I mean come on its fable of course it rocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Take one out, put another one in., October 26, 2010
Composingskye (Getting high on violence) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
For the lazy, my title can speak for itself. Fable 2, while a significant improvement upon the first release from Lionhead Studios, still lacked over half of its promised features, suffered from an even clunkier menu system than the original, and the streamlined single player quest yielded a forgettable story that left the majority of those who completed it undoubtably wanting more.

When I began playing Fable 3 for the first time today, I was amply poised to turn off almost all tutorials and jump boldly into the adventure. Three hours in, I scarcely encountered a challenge along the lines of gameplay...Fable 3 is, I assure you, in almost no way different from Fable 2 until you reach the last third of the game...which I hope no one has had the time to reach JUST yet. :)

The only real differences I can gather as of yet are that the in game interface has been condenced considerably. The menus no longer exist and have been replaced with a gigantic walk-in closet sort of thing. Expressions are no longer allowed to be performed to more than one NPC at a time. Everything has been scraped in favor of being accessible to a casual gamer. Going back to the title of my review, for each new additon to the repetoire of flavors something that made Fable 2 a true classic was sacrificed to the god of mass appeal. I.E. The game will hold hands with you as often as you hold hands with it (yes, escort missions force you to hold hands.)

These comments I'm dropping may appear to be sniping this title and may leave you wondering why I gave it four stars at all. The Fable franchise has begun succumbing to "Legend of Zelda" syndrome: Essential bits are always at the center, but surface change for the sake of change sprouts up here and there. What's so sad is that I don't think that Fable 2 was at all in danger of becoming jaded. In fact, the finished product would likely have benefited from having less additions and more improvements. The dog and golden trail are still buggy and you know less attention was paid to them in lieu of the "touch system" and graphical overhaul, which yield bugs of their own.

That's not to say that those additions don't do their jobs. I love the natural and almost instant process that is checking your inventory. There's something satisfying about a visual depiction of a mountain of gold and clothing that accumulates on racks and mannequins as it is collected. I feel and endearment to all the characters that are elaborated on, as they are (as in Fable 2) brought to life by extraordinary voice work and strong, witty writing. The one true downfall of Fable 3 is that sometimes you feel along for the ride because of the difficulty level (which isn't adjustable). I never once looked at my health bar...I don't even know how to, I admit. Fable is just so entertaining in the way it makes you FEEL powerful and in control in spite of leading you by the nose half the time. Chocies have never been more massive in their outcomes and plotlines have never been funnier, darker, and all in all more involved.

Perhaps the graphics would recieve more forgiveness on my part if all other aspects of Fable 3 were less up to par. Given another 4-6 months of polish (and you'll see what I mean) this game would have had the gorgeous value of the second entry. The character models and lip syncing are rough around the edges and you can sometimes see clear line inbetween polygons and pop-up in textures when they are unacceptably close to you. It makes me a little letdown when the art direct itself is qute good.

If you liked Fable 2...nothing more can really be said. Story, enviroment, interface tweaks, real-time ruling, and noticably weaker graphics engine aside, they're the same game. Though I expect to be spending ALOT more time with this one as every man woman and child needs helping this time around.

Don't let my cyncism scare you away. Me and several others have just come to expect more, especially the third time around. Fable 3 is an outstanding game...but a second class Fable entry. Here's hoping this isn't the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot to love, a little to hate, July 16, 2012
KT (LOMPOC, CA, US) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I'm a huge fan of the Fable games and this one is just as great as the others. I did however come across a couple of things that really bothered me with this game.

Pro:
Huge world

Weapons, weapons, weapons (not just the selection but they change depending on the way you fight with your hero)

Humor (I can't play a single session of this game without laughing at some point)

Mood (The lighting and music create some very tense moments)

Combat (In Fable II I don't think I ever even came close to dieing. In this game, despite what others have written, the combat is much harder.)

XP (I like the fact you get general xp to spend on whatever you want versus what you had in Fable II)

Con:
No health meter (I can't begin to tell you how much I hate this. You never really know how hurt you are and that is a killer when you are trying to ration health potions. This is by far the worst part of the game!)

Slim selection of actions when dealing with villagers (I miss the wheel)

Dog (your dog will lead you to treasure that is not there)

Maybe I'm just a really bad player but a lot of times the hero just feels very underpowered. Especially when fighting 6+ enemies.

Some lagging and jerking

Some/most of the demon doors/achievements/weapon improvements seem to require the use of xbox live or another player. What about those that either don't play online or like to play alone? Seems to be a huge oversight.

Overall:
This is a great game and will give you days upon days of gameplay if you don't just try to finish the storyline. I have played for countless hours now and I have yet to finish the main story. If you enjoy getting to know the environment and the AI players in it, you will love this game. Loads of side quests to do as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why All The Awful Reviews?, September 15, 2011
PS2 Bruce (Torrance, CA USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Well I have played all the Fable titles so far, the original, the "lost chapters", and Fable II. To me, this game is an IMPROVEMENT on all of them. Is combat too easy? Yes. But that's always been the case in the Fable games. This isn't Ghost Recon or even Oblivion caliber combat. It's supposed to be accessible. Quite frankly this is why I have enjoyed ALL the Fable games, because, in essence, they're easy. It's a refreshing change from most games, some of which are so difficult they go beyond merely presenting a challenge, and cause stress and frustration. I play games to ESCAPE stress and frustration. Anyway, on to the details:

Starting Out: After a clever opening scene that always comes with a Fable game, (If you have played before you will understand the use of the chicken, otherwise, never mind), you choose to play as a male or female, as in Fable II. Then you go through an introductory sequence and have to make your first couple of "good" or "evil" choices. After this, you start your journey with your mentor. You get introduced to your basic magic spell, and the "sanctuary" which, after the introductory parts, you can access at any time by pressing the START button. This basically replaces what used to be your inventory and map. There are rooms that hold the clothing and weapons you own, and sections of the wall where you can check your progress and manage the game. Now, this leads to the one complaint I have, and I don't understand why this is: THERE IS NO QUICK SAVE. You CAN save manually as long as you are not in the middle doing something, but evidently there are only two save slots, the auto save, and where you make saves. This is not good. As with all the previous games, if one or the other gets corrupted, you can lose hours of work. Bad, bad, bad, Lionhead. Why have you not changed this? Anyway, in the sanctuary, in the middle of the room there is a map of Albion, with all the areas you will be visiting. As in Oblivion, once you have traveled to a location, you can "fast travel" there; for new areas, or if you prefer walking it to see what hostiles, treasure, etc you can find, the good old (or pesky, depending on your view), "Golden Bread Crumb" trail is back. The last room, or at least the latest one I can get into is the "Treasury" where it shows how much gold you have, a ledger book with details, and a wall showing your in game achievements. I actually like the sanctuary better than the inventory. Maybe I'm odd.

The other major change is how you level up. Instead of XP, as you complete quests, get combat experience (i.e. kill people and creatures), you accumulate "guild seals." Once you have a number of these you are transported, or will get a cue that you can go to, the "Road to Rule." This area has chests that contain upgrades that you can purchase with your seals, for example Level 1 Melee for 20 seals, or whatever. This is how you raise your level in skills. I sort of like it; it's different.

There are plenty of side quests. On this I agree with others, they are sort of annoying it usually involves talking to someone, finding the thing they want, and bringing it back to them. But that's OK, cause you can walk there, kill wolves, bandits, etc, and build up your guild seals, also your relationship (assuming you are playing a "Good" character), will improve with the townsfolk. If you are playing evil, well, you won't care about the side quests anyway, probably.

The dog is back, and I still love it.

The side jobs that I have found so far are "Pie Maker" and "Lute Hero." You press the keys it shows on the screen at the speed it shows, as you can go faster you raise your "gold multiplier" like the side jobs in Fable II. Apparently there is still a "blacksmith" job, but I haven't found where it is yet. One thing I miss (or at least I haven't got to a town that has them, is the pub games.

So the point of the game is, you complete quests, and enlist enough followers so that you can try to overthrow the evil ruler. (Or I guess the ruler that is even more evil than you if you're playing evil). I plan to play through this time as "good." Maybe I'll try "evil" next game.

It is interesting how, so many games people rave about them and I don't care for them, and some games everyone hates, but I enjoy those. Oh well. I recommend this game. I will be playing it for a long time. If you don't like it, that is your choice.

‹ Previous | 153 54 5575 | Next ›

Fable III - Xbox 360
Fable III - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
$14.99 $9.74