Customer Discussions > Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 forum

Fable: The Journey - Only for Kinect - What are they thinking

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2012 6:19:18 PM PDT
I have played and loved all of the Fable games. I was very excited to hear a new Fable is going to be released until I found out it was for Kinect only. Why would they do this. I do not have a Kinect and wont be getting one just to play this game. They are going to lose soooooo much money with this stunt. They could of atleast made it Kinect compatable so you could play it with or without the Kinect. What a huge disappointment.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:22:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 11, 2012 6:38:32 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:39:24 PM PDT
Muff muncher says:
I agree with you completely. Why would they put out some trash like this. there is no way this game is going to sell very well with only kinect controls. this just sucks. I will not buy. COUNT ME OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . Lions Head you get a big fat thumbs down

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:45:24 PM PDT
pt says:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. LIONS HEAD WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS GAME KINECT ONLY. I dont own kinect either and will not because that isnt the type of gaming I like to do. I just want to sit back in my chair and rock out with my controler in my hands. This will be a no go for me as well. VERRRRRRRRY Disapointed.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:51:32 PM PDT
kevin says:
No one should buy this game and let the publishers see and understand what they have done by leaving their fable fans out in the cold. They probably think people will go buy a kinect sensor just to play this game. hahahahaha. they are going to find out what a huge mistake they have made. :(

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 4:53:52 PM PDT
Mirai says:
Ugh, I just realized that this will be only for the kinect. Guess this is going to be the first of a long chain of games that I will never be able to play because I'm handicapped. As soon as Nintendo announced their motion sensor system, I knew this day would come. -.-

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:30:15 AM PDT
rowen says:
Stop your complaining. If you really love fable you'll buy the game and kinect.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:51:41 PM PDT
J. Rowell says:
Not gonna pay $200 just to play this game. I'll survive. And have enough to buy 3 or 4 games to boot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:24:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 3:27:11 PM PDT
@ Jason R. Peach
I will never buy a kinect to play just that game. Im mostly into shooters like call of duty , battlefield , crysis , etc. I also like RPG shooters like mass effect and Deus EX and I just cant see myself playing any of those games or any like it with Kinect. As much as I would really like to play this game I never will unless someone was to give me a Kinect sensor and I know thats not going to happen. My wife wouldnt be at all sad If my xbox burned she might even have a party. hahahah. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:45:04 PM PDT
@ Mirai
Fear not , because they couldnt possibly do this to every game . they might make more games Kinect compatable but Im sure they know that If they did it to all of the games they will lose buisness. there is no way I would play as much as I do if all I had to play with is the Kinect. I probably would quit playing all together and Im sure thousands of people feel the same as I.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 5:09:18 PM PDT
gamer geek says:
Pre-ordered.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 10:53:06 PM PDT
They confirmed in an interview video it would also be able to be played with the controller

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 6:47:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2012 3:21:16 PM PDT
@ Burcher
Do you have a link to that video. I would like to see it.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:40:06 PM PDT
Shaudy33 says:
Fable is one of my favorite series too. It's one of the few games I like to actually sit back or lay down, relax, and play deep into the night but having to move around constantly? It would be fun for a good 15 minutes but still... I'll just wait to rent this one. Bad idea with this restriction.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 9:54:49 AM PDT
First they added gay marriage to Fable...now this! LOL!
Next they'll be making it more like COD...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 11:45:40 AM PDT
Wow, talk about ignorant. Allowing for diverse relationships is one of the things that made Fable such a popular series. I'm gay and would be disappointed and angry to only be able to marry the opposite sex in Fable, as would a great many players.

As for Fable: The Journey, I believe most of these comments are also out of sheer ignorance. This game, along with Fable Heroes, is just a way to add more Fable gaming options to players, and also to increase revenue, while work is being done on Fable 4.

If you don't have or like Kinect, you don't have to buy The Journey. Just play other games while waiting for Fable 4 to be released.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 2:13:30 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 4:44:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2012 4:45:31 PM PDT
J. Rowell says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 5:03:17 PM PDT

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 10:36:57 PM PDT
Xander says:
I think all Kinect is just bad in general, there is no "Kinect Only" game that is really good but also because Kinect is not disabled player friendly. I think its absolutely sickening how people either make fun or insult disabled people who are gamers and want to be able to play games like this.

Thats why Kinect is the worst out of all the motion control systems, its the only one disabled people cant play and it fosters ignorant behavior of people who have no consideration for others who are physically handicapped.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 9:30:24 AM PDT
Kinect worked really well with Child of Eden and Gunstringer. I agree that they should give the playing the option to use Kinect or normal controller, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 10:32:41 AM PDT
K. Bevan says:
I don't know why you would think that way, I have a Kinect and I've found a number of their games to be quite good, some have been horrible, but at a rate for the most part consistent with non-Kinect games. Since I've purchased between 185 to 190 Xbox 360 games (with about 30 of them using Kinect in some fashion), I've tried enough to know.

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 11:17:54 AM PDT
Geez people relax. This is just a side story made especially for Kinect. It's not like this is Fable 4 or anything. Some of us own Kinect, like it and want games for it. You don't want to get one fine, but why are you getting mad because they are making games for those of us who do?

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 12:15:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 24, 2012 12:30:02 PM PDT
@ Daniel M. Gallagher
Here is the problem. It doesnt matter how well it works with kinect , most of us just want to sit on our buts with our controler in our hands not dancing around the room the whole time we are playing.they could have easily made this game as a regular release that was kinect compatable like skyrim when it released. Everyone would have been happy with that and anyone could play kinect or with a controler. That would have been the righ thing to do. this decision on their part is a poor buisness decision. I guarantee the sales will be poor, just watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2012 12:22:19 PM PDT
Poor business decision? It's a game Peter Molyneux wanted to make for Kinect, for the Kinect market. Why do you feel that they need to make it playable to people that don't want to play Kinect? If you don't like Kinect you are not who this game was made for. Your argument is the same as saying "Why does Nintendo made all those DS games DS only, I wanna play them on my TV" It's a different system for a different market that is obviously not you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  37
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360
Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (131)