5.0 out of 5 stars Better on the PC
Published 18 months ago by Michael

Its an okay game that has a real attraction but its not without issues.
Published 2 months ago by this(ladies and germs), is my ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Better on the PC, March 3, 2013
Michael (Two Harbors, MN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fable: The Lost Chapters [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
This is one of those games that I think even non-gamers should play at least once. The PC version is just like the Xbox version but with the ability to increase resolution to modern levels. While this in of itself doesn't make the game better but it does give it a shiny new look in contrast to the console version. I also find playing with a keyboard and mouse a little less cumbersome.

4.0 out of 5 stars ehh., March 22, 2013
when the xbox first came out i was estatic but unfortunately i wasnt old enough to play this title yet. :/ and when i did get old i ended up buying a ps3 over a xbox 360 so i didnt play the sequels. still i never lost my curiousity for the series and now after all these years i decided to try the pc version.

although the graphics are dated compared to what we play now, it does not change the fact that this game is AWESOME. typically i would only using my laptop for games like the sims series so it did take a while to get use to using a keyboard and mouse for a game like this. the game was harder for me to play using that control scheme and for those that are hesitant to try this game bc of that, should definitely consider downloading an emulator such as MotionJoy so that you can use a ps3 or xbox 360 controller to play this game. (the only con to this option is the time it takes to map the button to a configuration that works for you)

other than that the story is rich and the combat is fun. the rpg elements make the games replay ability amazing. the only thing i do not care for is probably the map layout and the teleporting, but then again i am comparing it to games like fallout 3. the map layout for Fable the Lost Chapters to me is similar to kingdoms of amular: the reckoning. the good thing about the map tho is that it forces players to explore more.

overall, awesome game. anyone that likes rpgs should like this game

5.0 out of 5 stars Still The Best Fable!, April 19, 2013
I bought this game for the Xbox when it came out and I don't think I have ever played a game more times than this one. I have played this game in more ways than imaginable and have beaten it about 15 times. Fable: The Lost Chapters does fix a lot of the problems with the original fable and does make the final boss fight a lot more cinematic. It's well worth any money if your a fan of the original Fable. Also, this is still the best Fable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tell Anniversary to die!, February 24, 2014
Dont pay 60$ for a redo. Fable 1 on PC is all you need, and costs way less. An RPG classic. Get it before Microsoft takes it away like they did Fable 3. Uses Steam DRM.

4.0 out of 5 stars An old classic that just gets better all the time., February 16, 2014
Ever wish that your choices could mean more? Well, here you go. Not much to really say about this dazzling Hero or Villain game other than that your choices will reflect whether you become a Hero, or a Villain. Either way you're referred to as a Hero, but the evil undertones are completely removed and you're given horns after you've done enough bad deeds. NEvermind how easy the game can get once you get certain abilities either, because the game makes up for it by being not bad to look at (it's old and still looks great to me on max settings) and being fun to play with multiple approaches.

And the modding community was very strong at one point, so there's plenty of stuff to do anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, February 3, 2014
Got this game when it was on sale for like $2. Awesome classic to add to anyones collection. Always recommend it if you see it on sale, never can hoard enough games :D

2.0 out of 5 stars Feh , its okay I guess but only for its bargin basement price, July 17, 2014
Its an okay game that has a real attraction but its not without issues.
The map feature is inexplicably obtuse by focusing only on local areas ,it prevents any kind of 'big picture' view which is frustrating .Another is the sheer volume of mouse clicking needed for battle. I have to take repeated breaks from battle just to rest my wrist. This is the only game ive ever encountered where this is necessary.
Fighting airborne foes causes crazy whiring camera angles that makes tracking an enemy very difficult.
Overall Its a colorful game but with awkward looking characters and the voice acting is stilted but that doesnt bother me as I simply turned it off outright and just read the dialouge.
The graphical appearance reminds me of Quake 2 . There are a lot of key bindings to keep in mind with at least one that never seemed to have been installed. The ability to heal NPCs that are under your care seems to have never been implemented or if it has I cant figure out how to do it.I discovered you CAN heal NPCs but only with a healing spell and NOT with items
I like to keep my game play simple and though ive been largely able to play using this method its still a bit obtuse and awkward .I frequently have to pause the game to consult the key bindings. Your character develops an appearance using a variety of ...moral...I guess choices which is neat and You can alter your appearance by purchasing tattoos and hairstyles that impact your goodness or evilness rating but not as much more than behavior.
Overall this game is fun but not without issues. Skyrim is an example of how to do these types of games right as it has an elegant and smooth interface whereas Fables is clumsier and just too 'busy'.
Another odd thing about this game is its weird way of measuring time. According to my stats Ive been playing for less than 30 game days but ive aged to my late 30s from my mid teens , so im aging an an accelerated rate but I physically dont show it nor has my performance deteriorated in any observable way ,moreover I dont even know if Ill die of old age before completing the story.
This game is pretty low on charm and I set it aside at the plot point where im in a torture chamber being made to run a race. Maybe ill pick it up again later....maybe not.
I got this for about 10 bucks on Steam and it runs well on my Alienware beast and because of its cost I recommend this game.If it was selling for top dollar I would say look elsewhere.
It aint worth more than 10 bucks

5.0 out of 5 stars great game but..., May 28, 2014
great game but... i over looked one detail you need to download 3rd party software to run it and create a new account through it to even begin. if you don't want yet another useless account and more junkware bogging down your computer just buy the hard copy while available. my fault over all for missing the "steam client" warning.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, May 16, 2014
First played this on my college roommate's Xbox and loved it. Bought the pc game as soon as I found it, but lost the play CD at some point. Excited beyond belief when I saw Amazon had the download. This is my favorite game and I could play it over and over, finishing the game within a week or two depending on how much free time I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, April 24, 2014
This is a great game if you love games that let you choose how your story should go. Hard to stop playing!

Rate and Discover Movies