4.0 out of 5 stars A good game
This is a good game, but it takes a while to get into.
The first 20 minutes is spent steering the horse around obstacles, which is pretty boring, let's be honest.
But once you start learning how to cast different spells and begin fighting off Hobbes and Balverines it's a pretty fun game.
This isn't like the other fable games because it lacks the free...
Published on November 8, 2012 by alittleperspective

3.0 out of 5 stars So close, but...
Just finished it last night, and wow, such mixed feelings.

On the plus side, I have never felt as part of the action as I have here. There is something seriously cool about using one hand to cast a spell to rip away an opponent's shield before blasting him with your other hand. A heck of a lot better than mere button mashing.

You also really do...
Published on October 22, 2012 by Mark

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointin, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Having played all of the Fable games I was excited to try out the newest installment especially since it had the Kinect interface. I was sorely disappointed. The best thing about Fable is the interactive story line which this does not have. Its atually pretty boring to play. I loved being able to interact with the other characters and change the story based on my actions. I probably wont even finish this game because it cant hold my attention. Also, my typical all night game fest is out of the question with this. After a few hours your arms get tired and you have to stop playing. Whats the point of a game if you cant play it for 10 hours at a time?

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad fable game, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
My sister and I LOVE the fable series... The free roaming, character customization, etc. we were really psyched to hear about this game but when we got it there was absolutely no free roaming, u can't buy a frikin house, AND its for kinect ONLY. I do have a kinect but I have a small game room so it's hard to calibrate the kinect I don't think you would want to be like me and waste 40$ so I do not recommend buying this game :(

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand the hate on this game, December 5, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game is extremely fun and entertaining and while some things such as the spellcasting is a little difficult at first once you get the hang of it, it's no problem. With Kinect, the controls are realistic (such as driving your horse) and they are much easier in my opinion. the only problem I have had with controls is being too close to the Kinect and so it mistracks my movements or thinks I made a movement when I didn't otherwise nothing's wrong there. The story is intriging and interesting, using beautifully painted scenes at some points to better illustrate part of the story and voice acting (that's not the best) but still decent enough to tell the story. Graphics are decent enough as well and while they are not the sharp HD of a PS3 they are still good enough and not all that bad. The Characters fit the story and do their "job" they are not boring or annoying. Sound and music is yet again not the best but it works. It seems the only thing I would change about this game is the "rail-shooter" style movement. I would have wanted this to be where you could freely move your character but oh well. Lastly, if you get tired of the main campain, the game provides extra missions and collectables to give you a break and add a little extra something. So, I don't understand the hate on this game because so far, I have enjoyed it to it's fullest and it is not that bad of a game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Under rated as a game, but the Kinect falls short., October 17, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game was really fun to play. I will say that I wish I had purchased it used, as I think its worth about half of the full retail price.

The following points are from a casual, occasional gamer.

Pros:

Being "in the game" has never been more real to me. It helps that I have a 55" TV.

I enjoyed the story and acting.

The innovation of it is exciting. So much more than any other Kinect game I have played.

Cons:

I was not happy to find out that this game is on rails (it moves you along a linear path through the story). This was one of Peter Molyneux moments for habitually blabbing about desired features as if they were already functioning in the game. I hope so anyway. Otherwise his definition of "open world" is not the same as it once was.

The Kinect loses its ability to see what you are doing within an hour. This causes you to recalibrate your combat settings in the Fable settings menu. It is not the same thing as calibrating your Kinect (which you should do when you first install it and again any time you move the device to a new location).

It was too short. I played it from start to finish on a Saturday with about four hours of down time mid-day. I began at 9am and finished around midnight.

Take Away:

I enjoyed it enough to not regret the purchase. I probably would have liked it more if my expectations were set properly before purchase.

If you're a casual gamer like me it will be a good one.

If you pwn n00bs in your favorite FPS every night after school/work you should pass.

1.0 out of 5 stars High expectations - low playability, November 8, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Give me the dang controller. While I've never been a fan of video games on a rail, the Kinect use seemed great in theory but was frustrating and never calibrated. I sold the game to my local Gamestop within 24 hours, and I've been a huge fan of the Fable franchise. This game caused me pain.

3.0 out of 5 stars I feel ripped off, October 14, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Fable is about meaningful choices. Kinect is a product about freedom to control a character beyond the limitations of a controller. You put the two together and somehow you get a game about driving a cart down a road collecting dots Pac Man style interspersed with cuts scenes and rail shooter fights, but never with any meaningful choice. As a gaming consumer I should not have made a purchasing decision off of the reputation of the game world nor the potential of the technology used. Making a snap purchase decision to pre-order was my mistake. But seriously, is this the best that developers can do? When working with a technology that continuously tracks the 3-dimensional location of a player's head, hands, and feet the best they can figure out to do with it is a rail shooter? Are developers that stuck on button-pushing games that they just can't think farther outside the button-pushing box than this? I can't play it. It is too depressing. I'll be trading it in for something that at least doesn't make me sick to look at it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
My son got board by just playing it for 30 mins and never played it again. Even I tried to play but found it very boring and me too never played after once

2.0 out of 5 stars I do not like flailing my arms around to attempt to beat this ..., September 22, 2014
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
On rails = Flails = Fails. I do not like flailing my arms around to attempt to beat this game. Horrible story too.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wanted more, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Fun experience with Kinect, but wish the journey were a bit longer. Works as a great party game in arcade mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and interactive, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I loved this game. It is a welcome change from only dancing and fitness games that are mostly for kinect. Potential buyers should note that you will need the sensor placed correctly in order to target accurately.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360
Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
$29.99 $7.00