Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Fable: The Lost Chapters” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 34% off the $9.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Fable: The Lost Chapters
|Price:||$23.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Dolby Digital
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Fable: Who will you be?
- Forge a hero based on your actions: Age and evolve a hero or villain through the actions you choose and the path you follow--be it for good, evil, or in-between. Ply the way of the sword, and see your muscles bulge. Weave the dark arts, and witness power crackle at your fingertips. Skulk in the shadows, and watch your skin bleach.
- Engage in intense real-time combat: Collect battle scars as you duel with a world of cunning foes and deadly creatures. Master an array of deadly weaponry as you hone the art of blade-craft. Hunt your quarry using subterfuge and stealth. Weave death from the elements, as you harness the dark arts of the arcane.
- Build your living legend: Through deeds and actions, build a name for yourself across the land. Recruit allies and followers. Gain glory or notoriety. Make friends and enemies. Interact with a living world of people, places, and event all reactive to you. Hero or butcher? Who will you be?
- Explore and shape a living, evolving world: Champion or manipulate an ever-changing land with competitive and cooperative heroes, dynamic weather systems, and deformable environments. Interact with teeming cultures, creatures, and citizens from various towns and cities.
- Hone your character with scores of unique skills and extras: Master new abilities and add possessions as you develop.
- Never play the same game twice: Once you finish your adventure, go back and try the experience again, forging your character and thereby a new tale with unexpected twists and turns, new skills, powers, influences, allies and enemies.
Top Customer Reviews
Description: What path will you choose? The highly anticipated and arguably over-hyped fantasy/ adventure game from an extended Microsoft developer. This unique game claims to have extreme character versatility and game possibilities. Your appearance and skills will be altered by things you do in game. If you eat too much you get fat if you fight a lot you will get large and brawny and you also age. Fight the forces of evil or join them. You can adventure with thieves or settle into domesticity with your new wife (male or female.)
Learning Curve: 7- With so much to do in the game expect to spend some time familiarizing yourself with the many skills and spells and also basic social interaction. I don't think you need to have "1337 g4/\/\3R" skills to fight and advance in the game, but the fighting system might take a bit of practice and the game gives you tutorials early in the game.
Replay Value: 9- The standard storyline will have the limitations of what it is, but if you stray from the intended path you can play the game many times altering your persona to be good or evil. Slaughter merchants or be a dastardly polygamous the possibilities can go on and on.
Difficulty: 5- This game has an average level of difficulty from what I can tell. With proper training and skill purchase most enemies shouldn't pose a problem.
Guide: Available through Prima publishers for $14.99. I'm surprisingly satisfied with this guide so far. The guide helps navigate the game easier and might help you get through some puzzles if you are stumped.
Pros: Versatile gameplay, awesome graphics, hilarious dialogue, addictive gameplay, and interesting follow through storyline.Read more ›
I've not finished the game yet but I've already gotten my money's worth. I can see how a 12 year old game maniac who plays continuously might finish Fable quickly and feel like $50 is a lot of money for just a few days of solid play. But for a busy adult, whose game skills are not olympic, and $50 is not noticible, you WILL get your money's worth. I think I'll be playing this game in my spare moments for weeks and then I'll periodically return to it over years to play a bit more.
With regard to the freedom factor - its true that this game is not as free-form as Morrowind or Baldur's Gate. You can wander around, but mostly over a relatively small set of paths and towns. Its not a gigantic unexplored world to get lost within. I think this game's freedom is a different type. The freedom in this game revolves around what type of hero you want to become and I think in this case the game does a great job of allowing you to select what you want to be. And there look to be many acceptable, fun answers. In this way I think this game is a step above Morrowind or Baldur's Gate.
Overall, Fable is amazingly well built. Balanced, smooth, fun, without excess frustration, and a pleasure to play.
Hopefully the creators will use the same technology to build a sequal with even greater flexibility and world size to satisfy all the RPGers.
The graphics are just plain crazy; wonderfully done! I'm still fascinated at every ray of light that comes down through the forests and trees. Truely a marvel in gameplay.
Sound is also another home run with a surround sound setup. The sound will suck you in to the realm of the game and bring you that much closer to the ever blurring fine line of reality and dreamland.
Fighting. Well, lets put it this way. If you are after a hack and slasher hero, then the game is set up pretty good for you. Just hit the X button multiple times to increase your attack multiplier and then hit the B button for a flourish kill. However, if you want to cast a spell somewhere in there, then things get a little interesting. It can be very difficult to keep an eye whats going on the screen while scrolling through your spells to figure out what you want to cast.
Controller config is where the game has it's downfall. The problem is that there is too much customization you can have going on. Unlike many games, EVERY single button, trigger, joystic and pad is used during combat. This becomes an absolute nightmare when you start to get attacked by more than 5 creatures at any given time. What's even worse is trying to prioritize your victim in the melee is virtually impossible. A very typical combat scenario turns into the floundering of the controller as you try to remember to hold in the right trigger and hit Y to scroll to the right spell setup. All the while you are getting slashed. So you want your spell to get the guy in the back of the crowd that is shooting at you?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's got action, adventure, fantasy and humour.
What more do you need?
Was a good deal. I will be enjoying it a great deal. Thank youPublished 3 months ago by Raymond Threlkeld
This game is absolutely incredible. Fable has been a huge part of my life as a gamer, and this first installment had me on the edge of my seat from the start. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jen H