5.0 out of 5 stars The Jamar Hand Dynamometer is the only choice for an OT
Published on March 30, 2011 by John

2.0 out of 5 stars Give it a little time...
Published 22 months ago by ErikaMichelle

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jamar Hand Dynamometer is the only choice for an OT, March 30, 2011
This review is from: Fabrication 12-0600 Fabrication Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer, 200 Pound (Health and Beauty)
If you're interested in measuring hand strength as an occupational therapist there is only one choice. The Jamar Hand Dynamometer is not just the standard, it is the only choice for a professional. I've been an OT for 23 years and all of the research literature relies upon it for accuracy. I use it in home health to document initial strength (or lack of strength) and progress. I was taught at BU that if you can't measure it then you can't demonstrate why our services are proven to be effective. This is the most expensive piece of equipment that I have purchased for my home health eval kit but is worth every penny. You can buy it from many places I purchase it on Amazon from Pro Therapy Supplies. It arrived in less than three days from the time of my purchase to the time it arrived on my doorstep. It was packaged professionally, exactly as described, and was the lowest price on the internet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Give it a little time..., February 25, 2013
We've owned and operated a dozen physical medicine clinics over the last 13 years. We have gone through more Jamar Dynamometers than I can remember. They simply do not last, even with good care and light to medium use. Every one we have owned has lost accuracy or simply stopped working, some after only a few months of use. Jamar recommends an expensive maintenance program, which does not guarantee that your device will stay in shape. If it has an oil leak, they will give you an option to purchase a new one for $65 off the list price, but will not fix. If you can't match your serial number with you company name, date purchased and billing info they will not even look at it. Unfortunately these are the best of the worst "affordable" hand dynos as we've tried the others as well. If you want something that will service your needs for a reasonable life span, look somewhere else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Made Product, June 29, 2011
This item was exactly as advertised. It is a well made and accurate measuring tool. A must for any upper extremity surgeon. It was shipped quickly and at a very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer, March 10, 2014
This dyanamometer and case were exactly as described from the website. The dynamometer and case are high quality and work well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, January 17, 2014
My uncle is physiotherapist, and this tool is useful for its diagnostics on people with head hand problems, now he can do it faster than before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as Expected, February 20, 2013
Well built and exactly as presented. It works well for testing frailty with our clinical trial clients. We were surprised at the quality of the case that came with it. Good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand dynamometer, December 26, 2009
Paul G. Guy (Southern California) - See all my reviews
A sturdy well built hand dynamometer. Solid cast and machined metal with easy to use needle gauge. It comes in a well padded plastic storage case to protect it. Overall a good product for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, August 24, 2014
Seems like a good device but was more complex than the simple dynamometer we wanted.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, November 24, 2014
I was under the impression it would come calibrated and it did not.