Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on June 12, 2012
So, I bought this stuff at Sam's and I fell in love with it. It smells like lavender and my wife and I like the smell of lavender. So, maybe the people who thought it smelled awful don't like lavender.

So far I haven't really found anything it doesn't clean well. It degreases and removes stains. Two different abilities in my experience of cleaners (think bleach versus Dawn). I use it a lot on a painted stovetop which, gets mixture of both. It's good on windows and is streak-free. I also mop with it and have never ended up with a sticky floor at the end.

I don't think it demineralizes as well as the Clorox Bleach Foamer, so you're gonna have to use something else if you want metal faucets to really shine.

I haven't used it a ton on wood, but I think it's gentle enough that you don't have worry with it. I would still say to use a citrus-based cleaner on wood, because the main ingredient (D-limonene) is an actual oil, so it doesn't dry out the wood.

All that said, I think it's the best all-purpose cleaner. You'll still need to use other things from time to time, but it's very versatile and it doesn't leave a residue like citrus-based cleaners do.

I'm guessing that people who had mixed results with this didn't dilute it ENOUGH. It's pretty strong stuff, so actually follow the directions.
on January 31, 2016
I don't know what language the directions on your bottles are printed in, but I have never seen so many STUPID people posting blistering reviews and all because they are unable to comprehend simple directions. Now I know why Water-pik has a warning not to use in your ears - because of people like you. Furthermore, if you don't like a scent, buy something else - the drama is way over the top for a cleaning product - you guys act like someone kidnapped and killed your grandmother. Oh my Gawd, you don't like a scent - find the Fabuloso people at once and BURN THEM!!!!
Most of these bottles advise that the product should be diluted (have someone look that word up if you don't know what it means). Use in concentrated form is going to yield a stronger scent - duh. Try reading directions. And lose the Shakespeare in the Park feigned outrage - if you think the scent of Fabuloso is irritating, try suffering through one of your reviews.
The stuff is great and works as advertised when one FOLLOWS DIRECTIONS.
You're welcome
on January 27, 2016
Stay away from this cancer causing (google the product), nausea inducing product. I love lavender, but this no way resembles lavender - it's some sort of vile chemical concoction that makes me immediately ill upon smelling. Unfortunately it is ubiquitous in LA and I have to leave restaurants & stores that reek of this hideous stuff. It ought to be banned as a dangerous substance.
on February 11, 2015
While the fragrance smells "clean", the product doesn't clean any better than warm water! I agree that it is a good product to use after you have cleaned (or not) to make your guests think your home is "fresh" It won't remove grime from around the door knobs or refrigerator fronts. I put it in the basement and bring it out now and then and I am still disappointed in it. Windex, Fantastic, Spic and Span, ammonia and TSP (phospahate free) all work great. My son tells me the smell reminds him of a chemical toilet!
on March 1, 2016
BEWARE! I have to add my review to the chorus of others saying that this triggers migraines, nausea, and a host of other unpleasant reactions that includes throat irritation and cough. I just threw out half a bottle last night because after I cleaned my kitchen with it my day was ruined. This is the third time I've gotten a terrible headache accompanied by nausea after using this cleanser, plus sore throat.

When I first used it, I thought, wow, this stuff really leaves a clean scent that lasts and lasts and lasts! I was cleaning for house guests, and did not stay in my house for long after I finished. The smell was the main thing I noticed about it--it did not do a particularly great job cutting through grime or stains, so I put it away and used another cleanser the next several times I cleaned. I liked the 'fresh' scent it left, however, and thought it made everything smell really 'clean'. At no time did I think it remotely smelled like lavender--not sure what the other person is talking about. I like the scent of lavender, have some in sachets in my clothes, but this smell is very artificial, overwhelming and chemical-smelling. However, that was not a problem for me as I mostly wanted the bathroom and kitchen area to smell clean, and I thought it did initially.

Pulled it out again, used it and felt terrible--it takes a lot for me throw up, and I didn't, but I did have to lay down and rest for a few hours because I was lightheaded and dizzy and generally felt "off". I attributed it to not having eaten much that day, even though the smell of the Fabuloso was definitely bothering me. I thought, no way would they be selling something that creates this kind of reaction in people, it must be me.

The next time I noticed it I was at work and the cleaning crew was using it on the floors. I was cooking and the smell of Fabuloso was overpowering, kind of a sickly sweet smell combined with ammonia/harsh cleanser odor. Absolutely permeating, even after they had been done for a few hours. I tried to work through it but became so ill I couldn't continue and had to go home. The sight and smell of food was making me gag because of the nausea induced by this cleanser. I got a terrible headache that turned into a migraine, complete with aura and vomiting. I have never had a migraine in my life and thought something was very wrong with me neurologically. I got my boyfriend to come get me and spent the next 5 hours in bed, afraid I should got to the hospital but more afraid I wouldn't be able to afford the bill. This time I did make the connection that it was the Fabuloso causing the reaction, but thought there must be other factors and that it was a fluke.

Yesterday I was deep cleaning after a party here and thought I should use something to really freshen up the place since there had been beer spilled and some cigarette smoke had wafted in from outside. I cleaned the whole house, and mopped the kitchen with Fabuloso. Within minutes I felt the same nausea and headache feeling, and it did not go away even though I opened the doors to air out the house and re-mopped with plain water to get the smell out. Today I made breakfast and could still smell it lingering, and have not been able to eat since breakfast and have had a headache all day.

So whatever is in this stuff, whatever creates the super strong smell that takes days to dissipate is TOXIC and I am relieved to see that this is not all in my head and others have had the same response. I am a healthy woman in my late 30s, 5'7, medium build, average weight. I have no allergies and am not reactive to things generally, but this stuff has triggered a reaction in me multiple times and it is unmistakably the cleaner that is doing it. I prefer to use natural cleansers when I can, but sometimes you gotta break out the strong stuff. I am not opposed to using chemicals to get the job done but Fabuloso is awful and I would warn anyone against using it, especially if you have children or pets.

I have read up on it and cannot believe this is classified as safe. It is not safe, and I am worried about possible long-term effects now that I have been exposed to it so many times. If anything it should be sold as an industrial cleaner, not for household use.

Not sure if there is an agency to report this to, but I want to warn everyone else--stay away from this stuff, it can make you sick!
on January 27, 2011
Despite what others have said, I love Fabuloso. I have been using it for years. I love the clean streak-free cleanliness it leaves. I love the scent (perhaps those other people were using it too concentrated or something). The scent lasts only until the surface is dry, then you can't smell anything except clean. I use it primarily on my ceramic tile floors, I also use it to clean toilets, sinks, tubs, the stove, the microwave, and in a spray bottle with water is it better than windex on glass. I can't say enough good things about Fabuloso, and my favorite is the purple lavender scent. My husband always says if he loses me in the grocery store he knows where to find me - in the Fabuloso isle!
on April 5, 2011
My wife's been using the purple Fabuloso for over a year and likes both its lavender smell and how it works, though she does have to use isopropanol to remove the occasional pine tree sap we track into the kitchen.
I tried it today and found it worked okay on bathroom counters and sinks, but the smell is really bad. When I used as directed in the shower (pour directly onto sponge) the smell turned from harsh to 1970's school bus diesel exhaust. I was amazed that it could so overwhelm the olfactories that all I could discern was diesel exhaust. Half a day later I've had to leave the fan running in the bathroom; the smell isn't going away by itself.
55 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2016
This stuff is TOXIC!! Our new cleaning service used it for weeks before we found out is made everyone living in our house sick. The first week our cat started throwing up every day and after spending more than $500. at the Vet's, we were told nothing could be found that was wrong with him. I started getting a horrific sore throat and a bad sinus infection. My husband developed the same symptoms and is on his second round of treatment for a sore throat and chronic sinusitis, which almost landed him in the hospital. He is having a Cat Scan of his sinus this week. I would label this product as Toxic and Dangerous.
on May 20, 2013
This product is over scented to the point of being nauseating. The terrible smell can linger for days after use. I know a number of people including myself who get a migraine instantly when entering a space that has been cleaned with this product. DO NOT BUY THIS STUFF
on January 31, 2016
My son told me it worked well. I bought it without really looking at the bottle when shopping with him, as I was in a rush. There is a huge difference with looking clean and being clean. This is not anti-bacterial, so if you want a disinfectant...stick with bleach, lysol, pine-sol, dow etc. It doesn't even smell that great.