Published 5 months ago by Jane in Milwaukee

3.0 out of 5 stars 100% pashmina?
Pretty color...drapes nicely, soft...but tag says 55% acrylic 45% viscose....not wool or silk. False advertising. But it's cheap so whatever.
Published 19 months ago by JuliaRae

3.0 out of 5 stars 100% pashmina?, January 28, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars SCARF, June 4, 2013
This scarf was advertised as PASHMINA?? Yeah right. This scraf is an imitation. It is not a PASHMINA scarf. I have REAL PASHMINA scraves and this isn't one. BUYER BEWARE. As a regular scraf fine but this isn't a PASHMINA :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but stained, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Fabulous Large Soft 100% Pashmina Scarf Shawl Wrap (68 Colors to choose) (Apparel)
The white shawl was received sealed in plastic, but with several black stains. After gentle washing, it was almost stain-free. Disappointed in the shawl arriving dirty.

4.0 out of 5 stars The turquoise and fuschsia [sic]... they merit 3 1/2 stars so I rounded it up to 4, March 20, 2014
I bought the turquoise wrap a few weeks ago and was delighted when I pulled it out of the bag. The color was vibrant and the size and heft were just right--light but just right for using as a scarf and not necessarily a shawl. But then I noticed the tag: it was way too far away from a corner and the adhesive was fierce: 2 thin strips of tape that fastened the folded-behind ends of the tag to the fabric. This tag was also a laundry guide, stated the product was made in China and identified the fabric as "70% pashmina 30% silk." I honestly don't know if there's any pashmina (wool) or silk in it but that doesn't bother me...rayon or viscose is fine as long as the wrap is pretty and has no bad smell. Unless of course I can't remove the adhesive or there are any runs in the fabric. The turquoise had both problems. So I contacted the company and explained the problem and asked for my money back. Happily, their answer was yes. I asked if they wanted me to return the wrap? No, just send us a picture: fine, even if they're verifying my honesty, as long as they're not making me return it, I don't mind. So I emailed them a couple pics and they refunded my purchase in full (no shipping charged in the first place, another bonus). As I told them, I might be able to wear it but would have to take pains to cover up the adhesive and make sure it doesn't stick to itself. There is also the run to look out for.

I told the company that in appreciation for the refund, I'd buy another scarf. I cruised up and down the colors because the price varies a few dollars. I chose this "fuschsia" (yes, I'm cheap...and I'm like a magpie with bright colors!) and just got it today. The tag is a little different: doesn't have the laundry instructions or country made, and the adhesive is a glue that covers the whole back of the tag instead of 2 strips. Jeez...I just tried to carefully pry the tag off and it pulled threads way out of shape. I know enough about woven things that you can often ease threads back properly if you gently tug a handful of fabric from both directions. That did help a bit but from either side of the scarf you can make out where the tag was. There are also 2 small runs in this wrap but they're no biggie. You should know that this fabric snags easily.

So for nice size and color, and good customer service, I give it 5 stars. For the annoying tags and runs, I give it 2 stars. This averages to 3 1/2 stars which I bump up to 4 because you can't beat this price.

So I cautiously recommend this scarf. Only if you want to use it exclusively as a shawl or for a formal occasion will it not work. (And shame on you if you'd pay so little for such a visible accessory for a wedding or whatever.)

4.0 out of 5 stars seems good quality, full size you'd expect, December 12, 2012
soft as was hoping it would be, the color is true to photo, pretty nice for the price I paid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, at good price, April 3, 2014
I have purchased several Pashmina's from different sellers on Amazon. This one is of better quality than some of the others that I have purchased. The color in the picture is true to what it is in real life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective- disappointing and frustrating, September 22, 2013
Sadly, I ordered two and one had a hole in it.....obviously I need to return the item. Not a good experience

5.0 out of 5 stars soft and comfy, January 12, 2014
I got this to wear with a bridesmaids dress, and I was generally pleased. It is versatile - it kept me relatively warm when I wrapped my arms in it, and it draped nicely around my neck. You will need to iron it however (I used a press cloth and a medium low setting), because it is shipped in a flat envelope. It was folded very neatly, but the creases take a little effort to smooth out.

I'm not sure what the material truly is, and so I am afraid to machine wash or tumble dry it. I only washed it in cold water with a mild detergent and hung it to dry.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Pashmina as advertised, December 24, 2013
This scarf was the perfect color..however, it is acrylic and viscose, not pashmina wool. I don't like false advertising. Not happy that they go away with it and I have to pay to return it. Also, you can tell by the texture that it is a rip-off. I guess you do indeed get what you pay for..but not necessarily what you order.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT pashmina. Do NOT buy!!!!!! Find another seller!, April 18, 2014
This was presented as 100% pashmina. It is 50% viscose (rayon) & 50% acrylic. There is a snag and a flaw in the fabric. I purchased the navy. I do love the color. I will NOT purchase from this seller again. There is NO pashmina in this shawl. How can they get away with describe it as 100% pashmina?!

Rate and Discover Movies