Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$9.99

on November 12, 2012
I really enjoy the SyFy show, Face Off. My husband and I started watching it at the beginning of Season 2 and when that ended we decided to go back and watch season 1 on Amazon. While season 1 is good as well, I'm glad we started with season 2 because I think the show worked out a few kinks between the two seasons. That being said though, if you are at all interested in how they execute cool movie makeup, this is the show for you.
FaceOff is an amazing show because it has an interesting concept to it. Not only do you have people competing, but you have people competing on what amounts to a special effects platform. Ever want to know what it means to do effects for the movies or for a series? Well, this is the way to go. Some of the people are not that good, granted, but some people do wonders and then some. Combine that with the chanllenges and you have an amazing outing.

The way the show works is simple: you have a quickfire challenge and then you have a main challenge. The first portion basically puts you in the running for something good in the second part and the second is an elimination round.

In the first episode you have people making a hybrid of what they term an animal/human. This is a little off because some of the stuff is insect, some is animal, and some is human. Basically it is six groups working on three themes, and the themes are picked by whomever gets to them first.

The effects here are great, especially when you see them come out piece-by-piece. I was amazed by the process and I was stunned by what the people have to do to get to something. Even the worst of the bunch has to be someone with talent. Combine that with judges that are interesting, takes that are themed, and talents that are not walking or trying on clothes and you have a great Science fiction (Scy-Fi channel) show.
on February 18, 2013
This show is so great from Season 2 onwards - but this first season seemed like they were more interested in drama than who was good at their craft. It was worth it to watch, but definitely frustrating! Even my 7 year old yelled at the judges!!
on March 29, 2016
I got hooked on the 10th season and decided to start from the beginning. I like the show and how it is done now much more now then how it was when it started. I think I'll probably buy a few more of the early seasons just to see how much it has changed.
on March 27, 2016
Great TV series that the wife and I both enjoy. Amazing make-up and costume challenges that contestants must come up with unusual and unique interpretations to out do the other contestants so they are not eliminated and win $10,000.
on July 26, 2015
Our favorite reality series! The contestants are there to win, but don't back stab or cause any additional stress or drama than what the show's producers put on them. They are fun professionals who really love what they do, and their passion is contagious! Can't wait for Season 9 to begin on July 28, 2015 so had to get these to tie us over until then.
on February 18, 2013
My gf and I bought season 1 to watch on Amazon Prime. It was alright. I really enjoyed the art and the models and things they would make, but I didn't really like the personal "drama" that was slathered over every episode. It just seemed cheesy and fake.
But man, watching some of the things they create is really cool, and the final judging over who's design was coolest was neat.
on September 8, 2015
We love the face off series. It is fun to watch these makeup artists meet weekly challenges. We enjoyed the whole season of shows. The Amazon description was very clear and accurate. The Amazon customer reviews were helpful. It was well packaged and arrived on schedule.
on November 23, 2014
Face Off is delightful. I caught part of season seven and I am hooked. I just ordered Season Six & Season Two............. It is the best "reality" show I have ever seen. I just marvel at the skills the participants bring and their imaginations are off the charts. The creatures and characters they create in just a matter of hours (usually 3 days) are fascinating. I have been on FB raving about this TV Series on the SYFY Network. I will watch these more than once. Thanks, Mary
on October 24, 2015
I really enjoyed this series. I only bought it because my daughter met one of the contestants at Wizard World and then begged me to get the show. I actually got kind of addicted to it and will be looking for more seasons.