Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$19.99

on February 6, 2014
I only watch this show since it's the only one of it's kind. I'd quickly move to another program if one were available.

I have serious issues with the way this season ended. Laura should have been the winner considering the quality of her work throughout the series and the execution of her craft was superior to almost everyone week in and week out. The fact that they allowed Nicole back and then spent each week overtly lauding her work felt unfair and contrived. No doubt she's got some talent, but if they're going to use this '9-ball' rule mechanic then they should stick to their own rules. Laura and the others knocked her out earlier and Laura remained on top for nearly every competition, so if anyone was to take her out it should have been someone like Roy (or another survivor). Where is Laura's second chance to win?? If someone with only half her talent is allowed to return, what about those who consistently score high?

My other issue is that they turned this into a popularity contest by going to an exclusive audience vote. There are so many ways to make the judging more fair (and still include the audience's input) and they completely missed the mark. I can't help but feel that a lot of people scored the creators on their personal looks and/or personality and not on the craft itself. Plus, this isn't American Idol where audio is pretty much equally judged live or on TV. Watching this on TV only gives the audience a tiny sliver of what they're judging. It was a juvenile decision by the show creators to go down this route.

I can only hope that another network creates a better version of this show soon.
on May 6, 2013
I love the series. This review is for the Monster Twist Episode only. I was shocked and disapointed they didnt show the kids their final creations at the end of the show to get their reactions that would have been priceless whos idea was it to not show that??!! My favorite was Roy's Monster even tho it was very monsterous especially the mouths it was never scary and always fun. Btw I used to do prosthetic makeup just like in the show before I became disabled and worked on Van Helsing in the very studio they use for the show which is between the frys and the burbank airport and has a real cemetery behind it, which btw is NOT the same building they show in the overhead helicopter shots at all.
on November 20, 2012
Felt like the producers gamed the winner contestant by bringing back someone who had been kicked off and missed several eliminations. Should have been judged, by the panel, not the general public, based on body of work not a one off contest.
on August 22, 2013
I love this show don't get me wrong, and I'm not going to give any spoilers butttt.....this season felt like all politics when it came to the judging. You will know exactly what I'm talking about around episode 8 or 9. The best person by far did not win this show. That being said, I love it. It's fun, creative, and very entertaining. Some of these people are so talented and the creatures they create in the amount of time they have are unbelievable. Despite an epic failure on judging this season, I'm hooked and will continue to watch!
on April 24, 2013
I'm not a fan of reality TV, especially the competition-based ones. They always seem to devolve into petty bickering and manufactured behind the scenes drama. Face Off, however, has managed to bypass all of that nonsense. This show is about TV, film, and theatrical make-up. The people who apply it, design it, and critique it. Some of the talent on display over the past three seasons has blown me away, and while the competitive spirit is certainly what drives these creative people, the show goes out of its way at times to demonstrate instances where they come to the aid of a designer in distress. That's what makes this show a must-watch for me.
on February 1, 2013
If your not into television competition suspense (i.e. "And the eliminated player is..." *Commercial Break*) then I would skip this, but if you are like me and just ignore all the suspensful hooplah the show is quite good. I love to see the wonderful ideas and special effects make-ups that are created by these contestants. I am not an expert in the special effects field so even the "worst" designs on the show are often still impressive to me. The contestants are usually able to create these amazing things in such a short time that it is awesome to see. As the judges critique the contestants' work, you also get a glimpse at some of the things that are important in special effects make-up, that I found to be interesting and educational. If I ever decide to pursue a career in special effects make-up I will make sure my edges are clean ;)
on August 22, 2014
Face Off Season 3 offered a new twist to the program - the ability to win your way back in from a loss. This particular option bit the producers in the heinie when the person who'd be eliminate returned only to ... well, I won't be a spoilsport and ruin it for anyone who has never watched the series.

Face Off is an awesome program. The artists must not only compete against each other but collaborate as well. This is like life. Sometimes you're stuck with someone you don't particularly like or get along with but because of the greater interest you must put aside your feelings and "do".

The artists selected to be on this program definitely have talent. I don't always agree with the judges, but then I'm in no way an expert of make up and visual effects such as that. It is a program that clearly rewards and showcases talent.
on September 8, 2015
We love the face off series. It is fun to watch these makeup artists meet weekly challenges. We enjoyed the whole season of shows. The Amazon description was very clear and accurate. The Amazon customer reviews were helpful. It was well packaged and arrived on schedule.
on April 22, 2014
My family recently got into this series & decided to go back to season one....season 3 ruined it for us. It was clearly rigged & the winner was NOT based on actual skills. We won't be watching any more of this series.
on September 3, 2012
Faceoff is an excellent series that showcases the behind the scenes work done at movie and T.V. studios. The judges are fair and have credentials that allow them to judge effectively. The contestants all have wonderfully creative ideas and enthusiasm. As a student who is interested in special effects makeup,it makes me want to pursue my dream of creating a studio that employs up and coming special effects artists. Good Luck to the contestants of season 3!