5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable read

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped
Published on September 10, 2010 by K. Fletcher

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped, September 10, 2010
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)
From the reviews I read before ordering this book, I expected a much better-organized and comprehensive treatment of this fascinating topic. Many of the author's anecdotes have nothing to do with her face reading ability, but rather her psychic sense of what is going on with an individual. While I am sure this is very valuable for Ms. Roberts and her clients, I was disappointed that in many of her examples she draws no conclusions that relate any part of her "Stories That Faces Tell" to face reading. Many random details of face reading are included in the exercises that ask the student to employ the skills already presented, and while I enjoyed all these little nuggets, I wished they had been organized into a comprehensive whole. I much prefer the comprehensive and articulate work of Lillian Bridges in Face Reading in Chinese Medicine. While Barbara Roberts' focus is psychology/character oriented, Ms. Bridges' work includes most of the same details as part of a much larger whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable read, December 29, 2010
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)
Barbara Robert's Face Reading is a fascinating discussion of a little understood, but unusually powerful tool of understanding others and oneself. Written in a delightfully accessible style, Roberts presents the art and science of Face Reading, blending its practical, psychological and spiritual dimensions while providing concise, step by step instructions in its practice. Barbara's inclusiveness, compassion and sound scholarship come from a combination of her medical background and extensive study of the ancient techniques of Face Reading, making her book enjoyable, authoritative and highly useful. This comprehensive book covers business, career, health and romantic applications, as well as presenting anecdotes, exercises, illustrations and lore. Face Reading is invaluable for anyone who deals with others, and a wonderful window for self-discovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, Useful, Cool Book!, August 10, 2009
I've been recommending Babara to all my friends...she read my face and told me things not many people know about me! She looked at my teeth and told me my birthday is in May...correct!! And lots of other correct info...I love her new book! Been reading it in detail and using it...my bf has wavey thick hair, her book says he loves the outdoors- correct! BF is from the countryside, and loves the outdoors. His nose also has a narrow bridge-means he is a perfectionist, correct again! BF even makes me wipe down the droplets of water around the sink, every thing must be in it's place...

Barbara is a real sweet lady. Easy to work with. The people I have referred to her...come back and tell me they are in awe...she's helped them read their future spouse and employees...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very visual and accessible, November 1, 2009
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)
I loved this second book in Barbara's Face Reading line of books. I read the first one with accompanying workbook, and swore by it, but this one is soooooooooooooo much better! The pictures and drawings are really helpful in that you see the facial features she is writing about. Everything is accompanied by both drawings AND photographs. Nothing left to the imagination.

What I love about this book is that Barbara gets right down to the meat of her topic. Her writing style is direct, straight to the point and easy to follow/comprehend.

I don't know about you, but when I'm trying to visualize something, I detest disgustingly long paragraphs that go on and on and on and on. I just want to say, "Shut up already and SHOW me what you are talking about!"

This is just what Barbara does best. She knows her topic is a visual one, so she actually SHOWS you what she's talking about. She lets you SEE with your own two eyes. And when you see that person with the huge ears, you won't tease him with taunts of "DUMBO!" You will want him to be your friend, because you know he will listen to you and actually HEAR what you are saying!

Yay Barbara! And thanks to you, my new best friend has HUGE ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate..., December 13, 2010
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)
Very deep and truthful. And it's good to hear who you are so you integrate it into your Path and daily life. BUY THIS BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mark M., PhD, September 12, 2009
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)
I have been attending Barbara's face reading classes on and off for the last 15 years. Barbara consistently demonstrates a depth of understanding others and doing so with great accuracy and finese. She is warm, compassionate and nurturing to her class. This book is an extension of those qualities.

This book is the third edition I have read over the years and by far the best to date. The lay out style makes it a quick read allowing for quick uptake and application of basic concepts. Plus she includes sections with more challenges and in-depth insights. There are exercises and worksheets that engages the reader allowing for enhanced skill development. Plus she offers a little coaching on how the novitiate can approach others. Of course, the end result is a better understanding of one's self as well as others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book- A MUST READ, December 13, 2010
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)
This is a truly amazing and very insightful book. You'll be amazed what you can read in somebody's face and how it can help you to gain a better understanding of your own life. I had a personal face reading session with Barbara. She's a wonderful, truly gifted and incredibly intuitive face reader.
Her book is a perfect guide on how to read and understand others better. It's so beneficial in all relationships: Knowing how to read a face helps to accept people and it gives you great insights to determine someones strengths, along with their challenges.
I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the subject!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful!! Great book, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)
This book is amazing. Definitely the BEST Face Reading book out on this topic! You'll want to buy this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Today I used my Face Reading skills when interviewing a Web Developer, July 23, 2009
I have read Sections of this new book, and both of her previous books (I'm so busy now that don't have time to read all of Face Reading: How to Know Anyone At a Glance ). I can say that I noticed the web developer has very small eyes, which means "detail oriented", Large ears (good at listening and understanding, spiritual), with a large inner section of the ear (not eardrum) which means he is loving. His face was round in shape, with other round features which means he is good at sales. Also, both sides of his face match, which means "what you see is what you get -- no hidden agendas". Overall, his face supported what he was saying, and is a great match for a website focused on therapy and helping suffering people. I am highly disposed to hire him. However, I will be prudent and request references.

His task is to create a content management website that sells itself to the therapists who list there, and to the clients who are seeking excellent therapy for transformation in their lives. His facial features indicate he may be perfect for this task. It is really comforting to have Face Reading knowledge when making a very expensive decision with long-term consequence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful informaton, November 29, 2010
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)
This is such helpful informaton for helping me understand people. It's so beneficial in love relationships, business, friendships - ALL relationships! It's fabulous!!

Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance
Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance by Barbara Roberts (Paperback - 2009)
Used & New from: $27.99