Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 7, 2013
Avant did a good job on this album. Althought the album is solid, I know the best yet is still come form him. This is Avant's seventh albums which arrive just in time for valentine's day, which his fans will enjoy. Alot of the songs are ballard and seductive tracks which his female fans will enjoy. The ballards shows of his singing and songwriting skills. I love his voice and he does bring back a new spin on B&B. The c.d did not disappoint and I enjoy the tracks on the album. My favourite tracks are Toast to love, 80 to 30, and "You and I" featuring Keke Wyatt. The c.d is all about what we live by and who we are and respecting the music. I think Avent still has it and should be respected for his vocal ability, which he delivered on this album. I recommend this album for anybody who want to listen to great R&B music on a saturday night with a glass of wine or when you chilling with your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Within the last few years I've noticed a rather welcomed shift in the musical priorities within the R&B/soul scene. Seems they've started to realize that the hip-hop styles they'd been basing their own music on,with it's reliance on sampling and computers,actually had source material of it's own they were neglecting to contribute to. That material was the studio produced,live band oriented sound 70's and 80's funky soul of many shades. It stopped being really expanded on in the 90's after that hip-hop ethic pretty much took over everything. Avant had been around for a little while now. I heard some of his songs from the new album and was very interested in checking out this new album from the singer/songwriter. It was truly impressive.

"Toast To Love" opens the album with it's festive,percussion driven funky soul sound driven by major key melodies and joyous lyrics. When I saw that "80 In A 30" featured guest artist I mistakenly expected another modern cliche. Quite the contrary it actually goes deeper into an electronically potent,slower funk groove. "You & I","More" and "Don't Know How" are all filled to the brim with lust and sexual passion. My two favorites songs start with "Nobody's Business",which succeeds with a modern update of the classic 60's Motown sound with some great call-and-response phrases. My other favorite is the closer "Gratitude",with it's beautifully chorded melodies and wonderfully percussive Brazilian funky soul.

With the combinations of modern electronic orchestration and song-craft on "Best Friend","Live You","When It's Over" and the anthemic rocker "NO" rounding out the album this covers a wide and productive range of musical moods. There is a bit of an R.Kelly flavor about Avants entire musical approach. Yet he extends on that by being even more of a storyteller,showcasing his advancement from a club goer on the prowl,to seducer and then onto a deeper love. What makes this album most compelling thought,again,is the vitality and freshness of the music and songwriting that comes with his overall concept. It's so compelling,in fact,I feel as if I am glimpsing upon an artist of quality I have totally neglected.
on June 5, 2013
I love this CD,
Recently saw Avant @ a concert in Lousiville, Ky
He ROCKED IT!! I have alwasy been a fan...
And he is Soooooo Under rated!!!
He can sing and always brings that goooooddd..... R & B Music...
YOU MUST BUY or Download...
on June 12, 2013
amazon and the folks that love avants music. the cd was just ok to me. the song you and I is a very powerful song. I thought the cd was going to be powerful as well. I recommend the song only not the entire cd, maybe others will have a different opinion. when I'm buying a cd from amazon, please listen to the songs from the mp3 then you can figure out if you want the cd or not. I love all kinds of music but maybe I had listened to a lot of music that day and I was down sided. I'm going to listen to the cd again in its entirety. I'll listen again and then I'll get back to you. I hope my opinion was helpful not hurtful. Thank you Amazon. I enjoy shopping from you all the time.
on March 18, 2013
This cd deserves 5 stars, not because this brotha! makes great! music everytime. He still lives and record his music, in his home town state and city Chicago, Illinois. They did a inview with Avant, and he said he wanted to stay here and not LA. I have all Avant cd's and they are all great! if sumeone aski me. If they hear d me playing this cd's. I would share wgho! the artist is. And tell them where I got it from, here's a tip. Whenever and artist release a new cd, if you buy if off amazon.com. You will be able to purchase it for $9.00, you can't beat that.
on June 12, 2013
This Album is all AV 100%. He gives us all of him every time. My favorites are More and No. The whole album is hot. Avant is my all time favorite artist, it doesn't hurt that he is fine as hell and humble. How can you go wrong with all that. It all comes through in every note of every song. You believe him when he sings. That is true R&B when you can feel the person believes in what they are singing. Grade A
on August 5, 2013
I was disappointed by this album. Perhaps I have been spoiled by his previous albums. There is not a song that just grabbed me. In his previous, I was hooked immediately by a couple of songs. Not this one. I just play it in the background. I found it to be a little more Trey Songz and little less Avant. I encourage you to listen to the samples before buying.
on September 2, 2013
It took me awhile to listen to this album, but once I heard it for the first time I was in awe, The song "I Don't Know How" helped my wife and I to get past a communication barrier that we've had for quiet some time. Just beautiful.
on July 8, 2014
I love this collection by Avant. Avant's vocals are extremely smooth and flow so effortlessly of love. When he is singing a duet with recording artist KeKe Wyatt it is beautiful and so touching. Avant is definitely in tune with the music because you can hear the notes & beats of love in "Face the Music".
on June 17, 2013
Never bought anything by this young man before until I heard him doing a song on the tribute to Frankin Beverly/Maze CD and the cut with Keke Wyatt and boy do I like his style. The CD is very nice. Love it.