5.0 out of 5 stars Buy, read, read, and reread this book!

Published on May 21, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
good read for basic
Published 1 month ago by v.delsney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy, read, read, and reread this book!, May 21, 2012
This review is from: Face-To-Face Networking: It's All About Communication (Paperback)
Face-To-Face Networking: It's All About Communication

Face-To-Face Networking: It's All About Communication by author Kathy Condon is a gem of a book. Unlike many books that recommend that you go to an event and collect as many cards as possible, the author is much more about the quality of interactions with people you meet than the quantity. For example at an event, she recommends spending an hour to meet three people. Contrast that with some of the frenetic networking events we have all been to that resemble business square dances.

The author is all about the basics such as how to shake hands properly and how to wear a nametag for maximum impact. These are things you probably do not even think about, but can have a tremendous impact. Ms. Condon also makes a counter intuitive proposition: In this age of email and social networking, if you really want to make an impression send a hand written note. And no, don't fake it by using computer generated cards because the personal touch is what it is all about.

In short, if you want clear and actionable suggestions to succeed in business and personal relationships buy, read, read, and reread this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was actually useful. I'm very happy., December 25, 2012
I have bought a TON of books on networking. Working in the financial sector in Beverly Hills, I have HUGE numbers to meet and really need to network. Every book I purchased wound up being a motivational book... which is not what I need. I'm outgoing, friendly, social.... I needed to know WHERE to network. This book addressed that and the author even started the chapter with: "A networking book wouldn't be complete if I didn't tell you where to network". It seems like every other author forgot about that.

In addition as to where to network, she had useful tips for networking events. Although I'm already outgoing, these tips make it even easier for me to approach people. I'm very pleased with this book and there is a reason every single customer has given it 5 stars so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a seasoned networker, I love this book!, August 25, 2012
Kathy covers a lot of delicate subjects that I also cover in my networking workshops.

Shaking hands - This is so important. I use a similar trick I learned from Mr. Rogers children's show on how to shake hands.

What do I say when I meet someone new - I really like Kathy's positive approach.

Name tags and where to wear them - Again this is such a simple topic but so important.

There is so much more here. Anyone who wants to learn to be a better networker will find this book beneficial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!, June 12, 2012
I have been a business owner for 20 years. There is no question in my mind that building relationships with individuals was the key to helping build my thriving business. Like others have written here, I thought I knew it all. However, when I was given a copy of this book I picked it up and started reading. The author not only provided a clear description of techniques I knew worked well, she expanded my mind by giving examples about how a simple action might help me increase my connection with people even more. This is a book that will help motivate your staff for the ideas are so simple and easy to implement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Networking Tips!!!, May 15, 2012
Sometimes we forget it is the little things that can make a difference when we decide we want to go out and meet new people. This book starts with the topic of the handshake. When I saw the chapter title I thought, "What can be said about a handshake?" Then I started reading. Suddenly, I found myself smiling for the author talked about the wimpy handshakes of both men and women. Then she proceeded to tell us how to give a great handshake and when and where they are appropriate. She had me hooked. I continued to read this book and was delighted that her short stories supported her face-to-face networking points. Personally, I cannot think of a person that would not gain from reading this simple book filled with many terrific networking tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, April 11, 2012
Face-To-Face Networking is a treasure of a little book. It contains a wealth of useful suggestions to help you navigate both business and social interactions on a daily basis. The information is presented in a straightforward manner, thereby making for easy and enjoyable reading. You may find, as I have, that you are unconsciously already practicing some of Kathy's ideas. As such, the book serves as a significant confidence booster. In short, Face -To-Face Networking is a great book to have at the ready. I heartily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Networking pointers for the newbies to experienced!, March 18, 2012
Amazon Customer (Vancouver, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I have been networking my entire business life of 25+ years and this is the first book I have read on networking that actually made sense. Not only does it give you the perspective of someone who networks successfully but does it in a very down to earth way that you can put into play in your own networking development. Additionally, I did learn new ways to look at developing relationships since I learned at the "old school" of networking. Whether you are just starting out or a nuanced networker - this is a great book for brushing up or learning whole new strategies. Kudos to Kathy for putting this together for us!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Meet, Greet and Land On Your Feet, January 25, 2012
I am currently reading Face-To-Face Networking, by author Kathy Condon, and I am really liking it! Despite the current trend to network virtually and increase our social media presence, there is a unique and unparalleled value in the act of meeting someone in person. Kathy manages to distill the essence of the art of networking in person and presents it to the reader in a clear, simple, and easy to use guidebook format. I appreciate that her writing style is personable and inviting. Each chapter of the book addresses a separate aspect of networking as an individual subject. This makes the book extremely useful when you might want to brush up on one particular skill. If you are learning networking skills for the first time, looking for a job, interviewing for college admissions or internships, or merely wish to polish your existing face-to-face speaking skills; then this book is a must have addition to add to your toolbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Advice on Networking, June 21, 2014
David (Vancouver, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Kathy Condon's Face-To-Face Networking book is a quick read that is loaded with practical ideas on how to build and maintain your network. Since retiring a couple of years ago but still interested in working on my terms I have learned from Kathy that its not what you know but who you know that counts and effective networking face to face is the key to finding and nurturing those relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars Praise for Face - To - Face Networking, September 27, 2013
This book is a quick and easy read sparked by the author's witty humor. Page by page, Kathy Condon reminds us that some things never go out of style - the art of communication is truly a one-on-one conversation. While smartphones, social media sites and other Internet based technologies are useful tools, they cannot replace the warmth of a human smile embraced by eye contact and a friendly outstretched hand.

As a baby boomer, I need only to remember how my parents' generation socialized and greeted each other. For boomers, this book offers both a refresher course on etiquette and simple tips on how to profit the most from meeting new contacts.

If you are looking to expand your social network and make a lasting impression, learn from a master and get ready to put Kathy's wisdom to work. Without a doubt, I have enriched both my business and personal relationships.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Face-To-Face Networking: It's All About Communication
Face-To-Face Networking: It's All About Communication by Kathy Condon (Paperback - June 1, 2011)
$15.95