5.0 out of 5 stars Facebook for dummies is what it says it is!
Facebook for dummies has all the answers to the questions I had in mind, when
I first started using Facebook, and many more for questions I still hadn't thought of.
Very well written and easy to follow; a great reference to make the best of facebook.
Published on May 9, 2011 by carolk

3.0 out of 5 stars Book too big to be useful
Published on November 3, 2010 by BobL

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Book too big to be useful, November 3, 2010
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book to use as a guide for Facebook. This book has so many pages (338), that I found it easier to figure out Facebook by just using Facebook. I am a Facebook Newbie, and thought this book would be good to get me started. I found this book to have useful information scattered about in sections all over the book. Instead of having each item listed together with intro info, then building into more detail on any item, the book is written in starting info chapters, then more info on an itemis found in other chapters as you progress through the book. To me, the title of the book is a great description of the book.
I would have preferred a smaller manual, if one exists. 70 pages into the book, and I just got tired of it, even using the index in the back. It was a cheap enough paperback though, so no big loss to me. When I find more time, I might just go through the whole book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing!, January 27, 2011
Kafi J. "Kj" (Capitol Heights, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
I purchased this book to use as a step by step guide to setting up a Facebook page for my employer. The screenshots that are in the book did not match the screens I saw online. I kept searching through the book and tried to set up the site in different ways. I think that 2 additions may have made the book useful:

1. A searchable, clectronic copy of the book. Maybe my search criteria was faulty!
2. Some way to contact someone @ Facebook to get help! It is/was extremely frustrating as I waded through the site and the book with no helpful information that I could find. I think this is the first purchase I was TRULY dissapointed with from Amazon. I wish I could send this book back!

In conclusion, unless you are a teenager trying to set up a page for yourself and/or your hobbies page, DON'T DO IT!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sequential or logical, March 4, 2011
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
I was disappointed with Facebook for Dummies. I have bought a few dummies titles over the years and I understand their goals. This was just too disjointed to help me get a real handle on Facebook. I am one of those who "just doesn't get it" when it comes to Facebook. I don't see why people spend so much time on it but I have friends and family who do and I wanted a good overview that wasn't too technical to help me. This is certainly a humorous look at Facebook, and it does cover many aspects of FB but in a way it covers too much. It tries to be a manual for most features of Facebook and I need a good, INTRODUCTORY how-do-I-use-this-and-why-do-I-even-want-to guide.

2.0 out of 5 stars Book is a major disappointment, February 13, 2011
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
I've been disappointed in my purchase. I check the copyright before I bought it, but much is already outdated. Many of the illustrations in the book don't match what comes up on my computer screen, making much of the book useless to me. I feel like I've been taken to the cleaners.

Mac Stevenson
macsteve@cox.net

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly badly written, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
If you're reasonably proficient at English this book will drive you nuts. It's badly written--it doesn't seem to have been edited--it's enough to make you quit reading. Result: it doesn't help you learn about Facebook.

3.0 out of 5 stars too late, October 15, 2011
Teresa A. Jarvis (Morrison, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought the book too late..Facebook has changed its format !!
I also hate that this book has no coor photos like some books I have for other devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Facebook for dummies is what it says it is!, May 9, 2011
Facebook for dummies has all the answers to the questions I had in mind, when

4.0 out of 5 stars Facebook, January 31, 2011
pcarriesmith (Sandspit, British Columbia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
The "Facebook for Dummies" book is very useful to explain tools within Facebook that I have not used before. Recommended to get started or delve a little deeper into Facebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
My name is Jo E. I ordered "Facebook for Dummiesd" and the order was processed quickly. The book was exactly what I expected and easy to help me understand Facebook. I am learning much because of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Facebook for Dummies (3rd Edition) - Carolyn Abram, Leah Pearlman, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Facebook For Dummies (Paperback)
"Facebook For Dummies" is an excellent introduction to Facebook for anyone who may be thinking about joining this social media website. At just over 300 pages, it may take you a few days to read cover-to-cover (unless you are a speed reader), but you get some good background information on all the features (and history) of the site. I personally like knowing the "why" as well as the "how" and the authors have provided that for you in this book.

My only complaint about this book is that some of the graphics seem to have been based on captured screen images from the actualy Facebook website and did not match what I was seeing when I logged in. I can't really blame the authors for this because Facebook is a bit of a moving target. There have been several major changes (and many minor ones) just in the year and a half since I joined.

I think this book is worth your time and money IF you are one of those people who likes to be prepared BEFORE you jump headfirst into something new. For me, it was a better alternative to pestering my family and friends (who are were already Facebook members) with hundreds of questions, AND with a book you can always go back and re-read a chapter if you forgot something.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Facebook For Dummies
Facebook For Dummies by Carolyn Abram (Paperback - October 5, 2010)
Used & New from: $0.01