Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Facebook and Philosophy: What's on Your Mind? (Popular Culture and Philosophy 50)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 21, 2013
Normally, I would never leave a rating for a book I have not yet finished.

But this book has only two ratings so far, and one of them is a one-star rating clearly intended for a completely different book and inadvertently posted on the wrong page. I worry that this books sales are being hurt by a one-star review intended for a very different book about Facebook. (On my comment to that review, I link to the book that it seems to be intended for).

This is looking to be either a four or five star book; I'm enjoying the essays. Once I finish, I'll revise this review to be more accurate & informative.
on October 28, 2014
Nice book, where philosophy is taken as an alternate approach, say, more creative, loose, to analyze Facebook. Besides digital platform's futilities, Facebook has many attractive sides and represents new horizon for interactivity. I appreciated very much.
on December 10, 2010
Facebook and Philosophy: What's On Your Mind provides a powerful philosophical examination of the phenomenon of Facebook and how it changes human relationships and social values. Nearly thirty contemporary thinkers familiar with Facebook's culture consider its impact and cultural milieu, from issues of privacy and the quality and perception of 'friends' to gossip, perception and the evolution of Facebook. Computer and philosophy collections alike will appreciate these lively dialogues.
on May 6, 2016
Well researched and written.
on August 18, 2012
This book has an enticing title and I have purchased hundreds of books from Amazon and this is the FIRST time I am writing such a terrible review! It is simply 2 page fictional stories made up by the author about so-called FB addicts and how FB has affected their lives. The author states these are fictional towards the END of the book and after every story, it advertises authors website to get support. Online support group for addicts of the internet?! haha ... The stories are ridiculous and there is much better info avail FREE from doing a Google search. I can't even return the book and get a refund since I ordered Kindle version. Waste of money, no value at all...