5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing
I'm a fan of the lifestyle, design, fashion, decor, & stylist's blogs and I'm probably older than these talented authors' moms. This book is great inspiration for my artwork and I love its European vibe.
Published on April 19, 2011 by GGDallas

3.0 out of 5 stars Personalized Fashion, No So Personalized Commentaries.
Published on October 26, 2010 by jin chu

3.0 out of 5 stars Personalized Fashion, No So Personalized Commentaries., October 26, 2010
This review is from: Facehunter (Hardcover)
A bit misleading, this is not a 'book' but a compilation of individual fashion styles from around the world. It definitely steers clear of mainstream fashion, instead indulges in personalized and pluralistic art for self-expression. In other words, 'wear your heart on your sleeves'. I find it refreshing, in an off-beat and eclectic way. If anything, this compilation asks of you to have an open-mind and non-judgmental attitude, appreciate the creative expression and respect the liberal outside-the-box thinking. There are mini commentaries by the photographer interspersed throughout, but I find them inconclusive and lacking. Those few commentaries don't fully grasp the photographer's intent and purpose, as well as not aiding the story of the photos.*

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, April 19, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars OK book, October 20, 2011
LEOCADIO E FLORES RAMIREZ (Atizapan de Zaragoza, Edo. Mex. Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Facehunter (Hardcover)
Lots of images from the street, not bad but can be disappointing if you are expecting this book to be like a glossy magazine. These is just normal people trying to do their best effort not be confused with someone who dresses in GAP all week. The photography doesn't make much effort to be anything, its quite normal, don't expect Yvan Rodic to follow the steps of Jurguen Teller, Terry Richardson, The Cobra Snake or Merlin Bronques. No out of focus background, no flash, no funny angles.
If you are not shure about this one, just stick to the blog, for some reason the images look better in the screen than printed. I thought I would never say that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., July 14, 2013
This review is from: Facehunter (Hardcover)
Love the pics. Great overview of the work of this blogger, A must for any fashionista. I collect books and while small this book is one of faves to peruse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Facehunter = It pays to be photogenic, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Facehunter (Hardcover)
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It can be interpreted in many ways, and the ways we choose might not be the ones people described in this book, we would make. But photogenic people do sell better... Photogenic does not = pretty. Art does not = general taste by consensus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting photos!, April 9, 2010
This review is from: Facehunter (Hardcover)
This book arrived in about a week and was in perfect condition. Loved the photos inside, lots of interesting takes on fashion!

2.0 out of 5 stars Honest but disappointing, March 15, 2010
This review is from: Facehunter (Hardcover)
People tend to think that because you're interested in photography, anything related to it will do as a present.

I got offered this book : the title was screaming Facehunter (I got a different edition from the one shown here but couldn't find it on amazon so I'll use this one instead, provided the title is the same, contents should be too), the cover was so déjà vu that , a few days later, I barely remember it (the one shown here is better in my opinion - and probably one of the best pictures).
After reading it, I now know it could have been called « Fashion street » or something even more original, « Streetwear » and feel as relevant as "Facehunter".
But why be original on the cover when it's about all the book contains, no less, no more...

The problem for me I am not interested in (most aspects of) fashion photography per se and provided you don't know Mr Rodic's way of working and reasons for it, you don't get much else out of browsing through the book.

What else to say ? The book is a great encyclopedia of young adults streetwear in the (roughly) western world. If you live in Ushuaia, it might seem extravagant. Otherwise, why not just take a walk around the corner ? It manages to make you smile at times, as you feel you've been kicked out of the street fashion game a long time ago (or you never were interested in it, for some semi-conscious reason).

Now to something else. I got a problem with the technical aspect of it ; in 2010 I like my pictures - as a spectator - to be technically flawless. What a flawless pic is is probably a very long discussion - which I will not debate here - but considering a couple of these pictures were not even properly focused (and one would have a hard time telling me it was a style effect), it kind of killed how little was left of my enthousiasm for it. The pictures' style and editing weren't my cup of tea, the models conveyed no emotion - or put it in a more objective way, no emotions that I could relate to. But maybe that's just me in need of more « scenarized » works and feelings to enjoy a picture.

Finally, and maybe I should have started with this, Mr Rodic has a famous blog, google it and give him a visit. If you enjoy what you see, this book might be for you...it just wasn't working for me, unfortunately.

Facehunter
Facehunter by Yvan Rodic (Hardcover - February 15, 2010)
$24.95 $19.13