Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 23, 2010
I purchased a refurbished power tool with much reservation. I was concerned for all the obvious reasons. When it arrived it was in absolutely prestine condition. I really abused the thing for several days, resanding all the rails on my deck. It never gave me any problems or anything. I could not be happier. It even came with a manual and a sanding belt. For the price, I could not have asked for more.
on April 17, 2009
Powerful sander at a great price! More for the DIY guy rather than a general contractor.
on July 5, 2009
Great Product, Easy to change Belts. Well made, you will not be disappointed if you order this sander.
on March 1, 2012
Update II: Solved the problem with the belt wandering. I wasn't the auto tracking after all. It was the belts - after carefully testing it, I found the belts (Makita belts review here too), were the problem - they were separating at the glue joint. This separation defeated the auto tracking. Now that I am using better belts, it works perfectly!

Update: Not liking the automatic tracking. It seemed to work okay at first, but on my last project it allowed the belt to slip. but only while sanding, and the manual override for this is very difficult to use when the sander is running. Will update this if I find a way to solve the problem.

While I haven't yet used it extensively, I was pleased by how well it was reconditioned - the only way I could tell it was reconditioned, was that there were belt marks on the plate, other than that, it looks brand new. So far I've rough sanded some edge glued walnut and did a little shaping on a piece of maple and it seems to work fine - love the self tracking feature! It's also a bit lighter than my last bigger belt sander, and that is great. Fantastic price, decent product and I'm a happy camper!
on July 13, 2010
As always any product I purchase through this company is excellent. Refurbished in no way means not good quality. I have before and will continue to buy from this company and to revel in the savings. Amazon always helps me find the best bargains.
on December 7, 2011
This belt sander is just the right size and power for jobs around the house. I used it to refinish my storm windows and deck, and had no issues with it. I highly recommend it for all do it yourself-ers
on November 28, 2011
The sander showed up in a timely manner and looked new. Worked like a charm as I had a specific project that it was purchased to be used for and it preformed perfectly. Very happy with the sander and with the 1 year warranty should be a great purchase.
on June 28, 2010
I'm happy with the belt sander it;s light weight and belts are easy to change. Works good for me.
on April 24, 2013
I bought this fine product for the specific use for knife making. I turn it over, plug in the vacuum, plug the sander in and turn it on. From there I use it to bevel, shape, edge, deburr and in the final stages of my knife making I use this product to sand down the grips or scales to form fit the metal.

I like the easy process of switching belts and its price point.

I do not like the wood and metal fires that occurred several times in the filter, but luckily it has a vacuum attachment so no more fires for me.

Other than the obvious suggestions for wood workers, I don't know of any other specific tasks to recommend to someone
on January 20, 2013
I've owned this tool about 4 months, and used it to refinish the floorboards on a 50-year old O'Day Daysailer. It is the easiest to use belt sander I have ever held. It is light enough to maneuver with one hand when needed, yet removes all the wood you want it to. Quiet operating, smooth, and very ergonomic. Belt replacement is a cinch. Dust removal works well, although you will get dusty on a big job. I haven't tried the vacuum attachment yet, although I have a small Shop Vac that will fit it.

I highly recommend this tool. I've just had no problems at all with it, and the price can't be beat.

See 1 answered question