5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
Same as a previous reviewer, it comes in a cool plastic BOSTITCH case, and a pack of nails is included, so you are ready to hit the ground running with this one.

Published on August 18, 2011 by Olga

Published on October 30, 2011 by Rafael Sirocco

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, August 18, 2011
This review is from: Factory-Reconditioned BOSTITCH U/BT1855K 18-Gauge Brad Nailer (Tools & Home Improvement)

It looks like something that has been a demo unit for a short time, but if you did not know it would be hard to tell it is not new. Works well, I loaded it and shot a few test rounds, it was adjusted well, fires firm yet relatively quiet compared to my stapler.

Even though I may think this is a great price for this item, I am sure these units made in China cost a small fraction of my price. I ordered mine from CPO through Amazon, ships from Atlanta, was here in NY in two days.

Enjoy it, definitely worth a buy even for an occasional project here and there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, January 30, 2012
I can't believe that I've been without a pneumatic brad nailer. This thing is great fun! Because I had read the reviews, I was prepared for the nailer to arrive without brads since it is factory-reconditioned. The nailer and case I received looked like new. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but I did build a small bench with it this weekend and attached some molding to a table. It worked great from the first brad. The trigger lock and sequential firing button/knob was kind of confusing at first, but once I understood the settings, it works fine. This purchase will prod me to purchase another pneumatic nailer for larger nails. I believe this was a wonderful deal for the price!

Update: I've had this for 10 months now and I love it! I haven't had any problems with it at all.I think it is one of the best bargains I have purchased anywhere. I am just an amateur woodworker, but this made building shelves, tv stands, tables, etc. extra enjoyable. If it broke today, I would have gotten my money's worth!

3.0 out of 5 stars magazine jammed from get go - had better luck 2cond time around, October 30, 2011
Rafael Sirocco (Vancouver, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Unpacked the gun, thought it seemed okay, then tried loading nails. When I hooked it up to the air hose, the gun would not fire brads, and then when I tried to pull out the magazine to see if there was a problem, it would not come out, no matter how hard I tried. Ended up sending it back. Something may have jammed in the loading, but I didn't really force anything, and you would hope a tool would be designed so that someone could not jam the magazine just by trying to load nails. This was my first compression tool, but I am not a novice with tools and am fairly handy, so I expect a certain amount of ruggedness, etc, in a tool. You should simply not be able to jam the magazine in the tool with Bostitch label 1 3/8 inch brads. It should either close because they are in there fine, or not close at all. Closing and then being jammed shut should not be an option! Maybe this was just a bad one, but I have decided I won't try to order my next nail gun by mail.

ADDENDUM ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS LATER. I originally gave this one star, based on description above. I later purchased a new unit, and it's been a great product. I would give it 5 stars, but I did 3 to split the difference. The re-conditioned one didn't work for me, but the new one has been great. In retrospect, it's possible I tried to put the nails in on the wrong side, and that may have been what jammed it. Hard to say. However, I think the product should be designed so you shouldn't be able to fit the nails in the wrong side! Perhaps it is. It's so long ago I'm not sure what I did. Anyway, the new product has been great. I do have problems with nails not going in straight and coming out the side if you don't aim carefully, but that is, I think, typical with the device, not a fault of this product. It's especially true with longer nails if you shoot through hardwood and into plywood. However, I have discovered that a brad gun like this is a really valuable tool. Many of my tools I've set aside and not really used much, but this one has turned out to be really useful. It's a time saver, and it also allows you to quickly stabilize pieces of wood where it would be impossible if you have to drive in finish nails.

1.0 out of 5 stars Constant Jams, September 5, 2012
C. Aumack (Piscataway, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Refurb tool looked OK, but jams constantly. Have to disassemble the from to clear the jam. This takes a few minutes to do. Very annoying. Do not buy this nailer unless you want half driven nails sticking out of your work piece with a defective nail gun on the other end. I don't know if it was the reconditioned status or not, but I suspect that it's just a crappy nail gun & design.

5.0 out of 5 stars good tool great price, January 8, 2012
The tool works well. Easy to clear jammed nails. No negatives to think of. You should be very satisified if you purchase this tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks/performs like its brand new, April 20, 2013
Flawless, highly recommend, would purchase again.
I was impressed with the condition and the supplied case, which is more compact than previous models.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bostitch 2" brad nailer, April 2, 2013
I love Bostitch nailers they are lightweight and they point true. With that being said my Bostitch 18 gauge 2" brad nailer was not up to par. it lasted about a year of occasional use then started jamming frequently, (I might add they need to incorporate a tooless head to ease in case of a jam) now the tool wont fire and I ordered a porter cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished model is a lemon, March 16, 2013
This nailer model is one of the best on the market but clearly the refurbished model I received is a lemon with a bad part that I assume was fixed but broke again after I used it for about 20 nails. Its one of the parts in the cylinder/ piston area. It won't fire anymore and I sent it back to Amazon. I own the same model that I bought new from Amazon about 5 months ago and it is truly an excellent nailer. I would say unless you are willing to risk it to avoid the refurbished model and buy it new.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke out of the box, February 2, 2013
When I received the package from Amazon, the nailer was in a new box from Bostitch. The gun itself, looked like it had been on a job site for the last 5 years, very beat up, paint splattered on it.

I was building a cage to keep rabbits out of my garden, and thought this would be the perfect project to pilot the this new nailer. I loaded the nailer, hooked it up to an air line, then went to nail the first two boards together...nothing but air blowing out a seal around the trigger. The nailer didn't even cycle. Thank goodness I had my finish nailer standing by to finish up the job. I was not impressed with the "reconditioned" nailer...as it did not work, at all. Sent it back for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time/$$ on this!, January 7, 2013
I was a little unsure about ordering this "Factory Reconditioned" product. The only reason I considered it was that I had used this exact gun before and was happy with how it worked. Looking at the reviews, there was a number of unhappy people from a while back.... However, lately it seemed most reviews were positive about the condition and operation of the gun. I decided to go ahead and order the nailer...for the price it wouldn't bother me if it showed some signs of use.

Well, that was a gamble that didn't work out. I was shocked first of all as Amazon has always been great with fast shipping, etc. I was in a hurry to get this nailer, so I used 2 day shipping. Four business days later, it showed up. Upon opening the hard plastic case (which looked new), I was a bit shocked to find a nailer that still had saw dust, dirt, small metal shavings, etc on it. I know it was used, however I thought they could have maybe blasted some compressed air on it for 3 sec to clean it up a bit. I figured I just got what I paid for....half price of new but used and dirty.

Anyhow, today I finally had time to use it on my basement project. Heres the kicker, THE GUN DOESNT WORK!!! I thought maybe I was missing something obvious. Was there a plug or something not allowing air to reach the gun? Nope, pulling the back cap off the gun shows no blockages. It just simply will not fire. The trigger mechanism seems to be broken or messed up to say the least.

So it showed up late, even though I paid extra for faster shipping...It was dirty, and it doesn't work. If you're like me and your time is worth $$, I would suggest a different product or just buying somthing local. If you have time to waste and the gamble of having to return this gun doesn't bother you, then maybe you can save a few $$.