5.0 out of 5 stars Recon Bostitch U/SX1838K
Product received in two days and in new like condition. I could not discriminate between this item and a brand new gun. I have shot through 500 staples and the stapler works like a charm. To top off the kudos, this recon package included 1000 1" 18 guage staples. Best of all, the package price was litterally a steal!
Published on September 18, 2011 by Ralph A. Mazzarella

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad apple in the barrel
Published on November 25, 2011 by in-ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Recon Bostitch U/SX1838K, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Factory-Reconditioned BOSTITCH U/SX1838K 18-Gauge Narrow-Crown Stapler (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great staple gun..!!, August 26, 2011
Tony Baker (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
I bought this staple gun for use around the home. Works perfect, no problems. Looked brand new. Would highly recommend..!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad apple in the barrel, November 25, 2011
The Factory-Reconditioned Bostitch U/SX1838K 18-Gauge Narrow-Crown Stapler that we ordered and received in the very timely manner was a disappointment! We have ordered several things from Amazon in the past and have always been happy or satisfied with the service and products. Reconditioned items have usually been excellent and many have looked new. This one however appears to be a used return! The stapler did not have the clip/sharpener, correct manual, swivel air fitting and looked as though it had come from a construction tool box site. Beyond being excessively dirty, it had smears of construction glue on it, the air fitting was a worn out straight connection, the head showed signs of excessive wear and rounding. We were replacing one of our older Bostitch oil and non adjustable setting staplers that looked 100 percent better than this one. We immediately sent it back (An Amazon Supplier) and we did receive an immediate refund. For this reason we did give the 2 star rating. While it may have been the exception to the rule we did order the same unit from another vender for less and it arrived in new condtion. Again the Amazon customer service has always been outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional product, December 7, 2011
i was blown away when i received my purchase, it looked like it was brand new!

it arrived before the promised delivery date.

i was very impressed with the whole purchase, not only was it a smooth transaction, it was a great value! i was in Lowe's after purchasing mine and i checked the price, it was about $60 bucks higher.

the stapler was better than i expected, not only cosmetically, but all of the extra were there as well.

the stapler works like a champ!

I would recommend it to anyone!!!!

thanks

Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived inoperable, March 23, 2012
Lochaven (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
Unit arrived with trigger tab locked in down position preventing unit from operating. It also did not include staples which were included in description. Called vendor and was told that description was wrong and staples are not included. I could send malfunctioning unit back and get replacement. Since I wanted to use the gun, I took it to the local Dewalt/Bostitch store and had it repaired under warranty (but that took 5 days).

Gun now works good but not the best buying experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK, February 20, 2012
This item never worked correctly. I had to take it apart to make it function for every use. After that it would work most of the day. I was on a job yesterday and it quit completely. Very frustrating tool. Only reliable thing about it is the built in pencil sharpener

1.0 out of 5 stars CPO Outlets - do not buy from them!, July 29, 2013
The "Factory-Reconditioned" Bostitch 18-Gauge Narrow-Crown Stapler I ordered was a complete disappointment! Reconditioned items I've purchased in the past through Amazon have worked well. This item is the worst example of a "Reconditioned" item I've ever seen. The tool came with mud caked on various areas, the sharpener was rusty, and it showed obvious signs that it had been very roughly used. I tested it out and it did seem to function well. I used it a total of 3 times after testing it out and and now it won't work at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bostitch Has a Different Definition of Reconditioned, August 24, 2012
Dean Siewert (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
When I've purchased reconditioned items in the past, it has meant that the factory did a tear-down, inspection, replaced worn components, and then signed off on it as being "good-as-new". Other write-ups refer to people that purchased this item through CPO. I bought it directly from Amazon so I'm guessing the culprit has to be the Bostitch factory.

They did put the stapler in a brand-new case, the the stapler itself was grungy. It doesn't appear any sort of quality review was done, except possibly testing that it could shoot a staple. At this point, I'm planning on returning the stapler because I can have no idea of what condition the stapler is really in... The stapler body shows heavy wear so all I know is I might have a unit that is near the end of its life cycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth operatation, so easy amateurs can use it., June 3, 2012
Easy set up and use. Makes little projects fast and easy and big projects fast and easy as well. Change staple size just as easy open magazine and dropping in size. Shots long and short staple done and done. Should have bought this years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ, November 19, 2011
Joseph Yonke II (Bowie, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
I have several Bostitch guns and I like them all. Reconditioned or new they all have performed without any problems. Would recommend for harry homeowner especially.

ARRAY(0x9b576480)