5.0 out of 5 stars Factory-reconditioned Canon FB630U CanoScan USB Flatbed
Published on June 25, 2002 by B. Maxwell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good interface, OK scans
Published on January 10, 2002 by Scott Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Factory-reconditioned Canon FB630U CanoScan USB Flatbed, June 25, 2002
This review is from: Factory-Reconditioned Canon FB630U CanoScan USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
I have been using this scanner for approx. 1 year and have had no problems at all with it. I realized when I bought it that it was not the new FB630U scanner, but a refurbished or factory-reconditioned scanner, and anticipated problems, however, the only difficulty I had was hooking it up and that was due to my lack of knowledge, not the scanner. I called the company and they very pleasantly walked me through the installation and I haven't needed anything since. My experience with this scanner has been comparable to it being a new scanner.
There are sometimes "lemons" produced in all things, new or re-furbished but I would not hesitate to recommend this product based on my experience with it. Due to this also I would not hestitate to buy another product that had been factory reconditioned if I were carefully managing my money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good interface, OK scans, January 10, 2002
I have had this scanner for about 2 years and have never had a problem with it. The drivers are a little hard to find on cannons web site if you are running xp. it has a one button interface that you press when you want to scan something and it will ask you what program you use for the picture. that is a nice feature. The "scangear" drivers and software are pretty good and let you do some simple things when you preview the scan like brightness, contrast, cropping, before you do a final scan.
If you want to print your pictures at high quality than i would resommend getting a higher quality scanner, but this is a great deal and qorks great for small images and posting your photos up on the web!

4.0 out of 5 stars hard to beat for the price..., November 19, 2001
Picked this up for (...) - and except for lacking the Z-lid of the newer Canon scanners, it works like a charm. Only uses a single USB connector and smooth as silk when used inside of Photoshop. I've actually left his scanner in my briefcase and forgotten it was there. A great compliment to a laptop, and a breeze to operate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks Down Easily!, March 23, 2001
By A Customer
I bought this last year, and it broke down within 3 months. The pictures scanned pretty well, but I wouldn't recomend this to anyone who doesn't treat their equipment carefully, and if you're too lazy to contact the Warranty people.