Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on June 18, 2011
In a time when you can spend the equivalent of a down paymnet on a car for a good vacuum cleaner, we were very pleased to discover this factory refurbished Electrolux at such an excellent price. But when it arrived and we opened the box to see it looking almost entirely brand new, we were even more satisfied. When we finally got a chance to "test drive" it, we found ourselves completely satisfied on all counts. It is easy to operate, lightweight, cleans VERY WELL, and is very quiet. If you are in the market for a canister model vacuum, I HIGHLY recommend this choice. In my opinion there is no need to pay more.
0Comment32 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2011
I bought this vacuum based on very high scores on consumer reports. And I am not surprised that it has those scores. Its very easyto use and practical vacuum. Its much lighter than the one i had before. Suction its amazing. I bought refurbished one and it came looking like brand new. Overall its a great product.
on July 16, 2011
I have been wrestling with vacuums for many years now, trying to figure out how to do a house with stairs, carpeting and hard floors with one machine. I have had an Oreck, Dyson, and an LG, all uprights because I thought that was the easiest style to use. I was wrong. This little guy is super powerful and lightweight. I was worried about dragging the canister behind me, but it just naturally follows me as I go. The hose/wand combination has the upholstery brush and crevice tool neatly stored in the handle, so swithing is easy. The canister stands on the stairs while I vacuum them no problem. The hard floor tool gently brushes my hardwood and tile while the powerful suction gets every speck of dust and hair. I and now a converted canister lover. It even has a retractable cord! As for the factory refurbished, it came in a brand new electrolux box and looks brand new. The only way to tell the difference is the money I saved!
on August 28, 2011
I've always had a canister until about 12 yrs ago. Well, I'm back to canister and I couldn't be happier! Simply put, this is one hell of a vacuum!
It's fairly quiet, way more than I expected!
It SUCKS!!! Great suction power!
Adjustable wand length.
It SUCKS!!!
Great power head for carpet, works outstandingly!
The attachments and power remove cat hair! Not move it and ball it up, REMOVE it!
It SUCKS!!!
It's surprisingly light.
Not bad looking for a vacuum.
Did it mention, it SUCKS!!!
Over 20 feet of cord.
Cord retraction as you press the button and it doesn't retract @ 200 MPH.
Man, it SUCKS!!!
Bag full light.
It's NOT bagless, How wonderful!
GREAT suction!
Now, our hoover upright (yuck, spit, spit) didn't suck much or well, it sucked to vacuum, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, while the cat hair or lint laid there on the carpet enjoying the massage. So we'd built up some serious filth all over! Fired up the mighty Oxygen and it purred quietly while it began a massive chore and it SUCKED away madly. It sucked through the living room and ALL the furniture, the dining room, the hall, the bedrooms. The Oxygen SUCKED it all up, did a fantastic job and the bag light still wasn't on. It's a great vacuum and by the way, IT SUCKS in a great way!
22 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2011
I knew this is a factory refurbished product and some minor cosmetic blemishes are expected. But the one I received has scatches everywhere. Yes, everywhere. The handle, the up/sides/buttom of the canister, the wheels, and the power head all have scratches. Some are even 2" long and deep. Even Dirts on wheels! It seems like it has been abused for years, and just simply repacked it without cleaning. I really doubt if the Electrolux has quality control or not. For me, this is a garage sell item, not "FACTORY" refurbished. But be fair, this vacuum is powerful. Just don't know how long it will last because it's a question mark for Electrolux's quality control. Even though the shipping is free, but you need to pay back the original shipping fee if you want to return it + the return shipping charge. So think twice before you buy, you can get a brand new one from Costo for $299.
on January 24, 2012
I had a very old "Kirby" (1955) which I thought I loved and spent some good(?) money having it rebuilt and buying all of the attachments for it. Then I bought a high-quality carpet for the living room, and a hand-knotted rug for the bedroom. (What's the first thing people buy after they put in hardwood floors?)
The Kirby was so heavy it just sank into the pile and left all of the lint behind; no matter what setting I used. And I did not want to purchase the "rocket ship to Mars" upright models. After looking at similar models at Sears, which cost $400-plus I thought this vacuum would be a no loose deal. It turned out to be a wonderful 'win-win' for the price. The flaw is in the fact that the hose does not pivot where it hooks-up to the motor--so it can get twisted up pretty easily. However, I understand the engineering behind this hook-up; because of course the hose includes the wires to run the power brush. BUT--and a big But at that, this model is so light-weight, and comes wtih a sturdy carrying handle, so I just grab the motor in one hand and the wand in the other and the problem of hose-kinking is eliminated. To attach other "regular" attachments; they sell another "wand" to hook-up to the hose which takes all other attachments. Said "refurbished" but I swear I got a brand-new model.
Just a follow-up comment. If you go to the Electrolux site and look under attachments, it looks like they have a wand that will allow you to hook up regular vaccuum attachments to this machine. Only thing is even though it is listed under this model IT DOES NOT FIT ON THIS MACHINE!!! Ergo the regular attachments will never fit this unit. For me the big floor brush is too big for my house, (crybaby) but all else is great.
on July 9, 2011
Received this vac in pristine condition..looks new....wife loves it too...Is quiet and has terrific suction...Great item and a good price..Would highly recommend.
J. M. Ohio
on July 22, 2011
So far NOT so good. I've had it less than a month and already the electrics are not working. I now have to go out of my way to find a warranty store...well out of my way because there aren't that many in my area that will service it..otherwise I have to pay out of my own pocket. It was great for the 2 times I got to use it, but if the electrics fail on it, it's going back and I want a full refund.
on December 20, 2011
I got this vacuum cleaner when my old upright went kerplunk.

Pros: Flat head that fits under my couch and TV stand; amazing suction that cleans up ALL of the cat litter on my laundry room floor; great hard floor attachment that gets into all the corners in my kitchen that I previously had to detail with my upright; great enclosed bag system; small and easy to store; great retractable cord; fairly light weight; pretty easy to drag around the house.

Cons: the two attachments are enclosed in the handle, which makes them very convenient...but they fall out at least twice every time I vacuum....last time one of them fell into the trashcan while vacuuming the laundry room and I was just lucky enough to notice it before my husband took the garbage out; the upholstery attachment in kind of a joke for such a high end vacuum cleaner...it's not nearly as good as my old upright upholstery attachment...which I may try to use with my Electrolux because I still have it (the Electrolux one it just a small flat attachment with that red "sticky" velvet stuff on either side of the suction hole); AND MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT: the floor attachments were very hard to figure out...the manual is not detailed about the removal of one, so you can put the other one on (I'm talking about the carpet and hard floor attachments). I believe I almost broke the vacuum head trying to pull it off the first few times I used it. I eventually figured out that you have to slide part of the wand to get the carpet head off, so you can put the hard floor head on. I also nearly strained my back trying to remove it.

Anyway, it's a great vacuum...it will just take you a bit to figure everything out.
on October 5, 2011
I have used this vacuum only a few times, and I really like it. It's easy to maneuver around, and I find the bare floor brush to be about as good as a brush could be. It's wide and maneuverable, very low to the floor so it can get under furniture, and has great brushes and two small wheels. The powered brush is fine too, but for wood floors the bare floor brush is just great! It's quiet and lightweight and the telescoping tube is a great bonus.

The only hitch is that mine had a totally broken cord reel from the get go. I was pretty sure I had an Electrolux service shop near me (and be careful: an "Aerus Electrolux" shop won't touch your vac -- make sure you can get this serviced locally before you buy it, just in case) and so now this orange and white egg is having its cord winder replaced.

This repair is covered by the warranty, so no biggie, but it is frustrating that as soon as I bought it it's got to go to the shop. Maybe 'refurbished' isn't so refurbished after all. (Otherwise, the vacuum looked brand new.)

Mine was made in Hungary and refurbished in Mexico -- a world traveller.

So, great vac at a great price, but make sure you have local service just in case you have a problem like I did!

-----

A year down the line, I can say I still love this vacuum, but the cord winder broke AGAIN. I was told this is a particular weak spot with this model. I also had to have the collapsible tube replaced after some rubber parts from inside the mechanism got jammed. So, not a perfect vacuum, but for the money still worth it if you have access to warranty service.