4.0 out of 5 stars review of Dual tuner
Published on June 4, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars doubtful ON/OFF
My machine comes with Dishnetwork subscription. It's nice to support one HD and one SD TV with only one machine. But sometimes it acts funny. It either delays responding to remote control or stops responding at all. When this happens, you have to unplug and plug power cord. You have to wait about 10 minutes to be able to watch programs after reboot.

The ON/OFF...
Published 17 months ago by Benny

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars review of Dual tuner, June 4, 2011
This review is from: Factory Remanufactured NON-DVR Dish Network VIP 222K (Electronics)
The system worked fine, but had two shortcomings - both of which I should have known in advance (so I am not complaining, just noting). The Dual Tuner VIP222k is not upgradable with a USB hard drive, to allow recording. The Single tuner VIP211k is. Also the VIP222k needs an additional module (~$50) to pull in and record over the air ATSC signals. The VIP 211k is already equipped for it. I returned it and bought the VIP 211k. It would be nice to have the dual tuner, but not fatal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dish Network receiver, February 8, 2010
The receiver arrived ahead of the anticipated schedule. It was in perfect condition and new as advertised. Installation and setup was very easy and I was connected with Dish Network in a matter of minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great features, September 16, 2011
Using it in an RV. Great because the bedroom can watch separate channels and it's remote is R-F, so despite not seeing the unit, you still have full control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore 1 star review, false., January 10, 2011
Great product and it turns on automatically for programing set when it may be off. That reviewer shouldn't operate electronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars VIP 222k, December 8, 2010
Unit is excellent. Works very well. Only drawback is that it does not support an extrenal HDD to enable the PVR / DVR capabilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satillite reciever VIP 222K, March 6, 2012
David J. Tuning (Goldendale, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Excellent reciever. Easy to set-up. Great picture quality. Very cost effective. Hove one in my camper for mobile use and one in the house. Both work well and won't break the bank.

3.0 out of 5 stars doubtful ON/OFF, January 30, 2013
Benny (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews

The ON/OFF status of this machine is questionable. When it is turned off, you can still see Dishnetwork tips on TV. It will definitely draw electricty. I thought the power consumption may be reduced. I was wrong. I was able to watch real time power consumption with Belkin Conserve Insight Energy-Use Monitor. It shows that machine constantly uses 34 Watts, no matter it's 'ON' or 'OFF'. To save energy, I use APC P6GC 6 Outlet/120V Power-Saving Timer Essential SurgeArrest to cut power to this machine at night. At the cost of having to wait 10 minutes when I want to watch TV during scheduled OFF period.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only allows HD for one TV the other TV can only get Standard definition, October 8, 2013
This receiver does something I wish it wouldn't do: shut down without restarting! The first receiver I got when I got Dish Network would shut down to get updates, but would turn back on after the updates were completed. This receiver doesn't turn back on. Also, not a knock against this receiver but with Dish Network itself, is that when you are watching certain channels, you get this blue oval showing up unsolicited on your screen and there is no way to stop it form doing so (part of Dish Network's interactive feature). I want that 'feature' stopped! >:

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy Delivery, November 30, 2011
I give the seller 4 stars for the product because I have not yet tested the dish network, but I promise that as soon as I am hooked up and running I will enter a second review. I must say the delivery was made in 2-3 days time wish was great.

Ok guys I said I would give a second review once I was up and running and here it is, this DISH Network receiver is the bomb, it works lovely and the pictures are nice and clean. I hooked up my DISH Network on Christmas Eve and I cant put the remote down ever since then......dont feel like leaving home......cant miss my Maury and you know what I am just in time for American Idol which starts fairly soon.

Order one now......I LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Definitely worth 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for me, November 10, 2010
Eduardo Andrade (Manhattan, New York) - See all my reviews
Great. One HD output one independent SD output. No need for more and the price is unbeatable through Amazon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›