Fager Pressure Cooker or Cuisinart I am looking at purchasing an electric pressure cooker and wondering if anybody here could be of assistance. Is anybody familiar with both products?
asked by Drive There on January 24, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I tried both. I actually bought the cuisinart first but found the quality not so good. I ordered the fager and my DH likes it much better. The cleanup is a lot easier (the lid is easier to clean and the gasket to reinstall) and it browns meat before cooking. Another great feature is being able to cook in it. If things seems like they are not cooking you can just use brown and it cooks as if it were a pot on the stove. Love the fager!!!
Drive There answered on September 22, 2011
Comment | 16 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have been using my Fagor Electric Pressure Multi Cooker for over 4 years on average 3 times a week and it has performed flawlessly. I just replaced the Silicone Gasket and the Aluminum bowl which has gotten scratched buy using metal utensils but I have to say, this is the best electric pressure cooker available today. checked out the Cuisinart and it is poorly constructed. Cooks Illustrated uses this model Fagor as their benchmark electric Pressure Cooker (See the Jan-Feb 2014 Cooks Illustrated Magazine just hitting the newstands now) in their test kitchen lab outside of Boston.
road warrior answered on December 10, 2013
Comment | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Fager simply because I can slow cook in that too. I had the Cuisinart and sent it back for the fager. My DH likes the design and features of the Fager better also.
Drive There answered on September 7, 2011
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Anyone else out there who has tried both? If so what advantage does one have over the other?
Janice M. Wambolt answered on September 22, 2011
Comment | 1 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What did you decide? I am wondering the same thing..
Theresa C. Messenger answered on April 15, 2011
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›