5.0 out of 5 stars A cool tool
Published on December 9, 2010 by Kitchen Branch

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, not bad at all
I've been using this stove for a while now, it's my only stove so i us it at least once a day.
sometimes i'll make spagetti sauce which takes ten non-stop hours. every five hours or so it turns off by itself, i suppose it's a safety mechanism or something.
Published on June 9, 2011 by J. Recca

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, not bad at all, June 9, 2011
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
i only use cast iron or steel and they work great, my only complaint is that the burner only heats up that inner circle you see in the picture, not the outer one. this means my 10 or 12 inch pans have a hot spot right in the center and the outsides take much much longer to heat up.
overall not bad, if i had to do it again i'd look for a bigger burner..

5.0 out of 5 stars A cool tool, December 9, 2010
Kitchen Branch "Traditionalist" (Greeneville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
I bought this after cooking on my nephew's induction cooktop. I wanted a burner I could use on my back patio. This is perfect. It runs off house current, weights 7# & you clean it with windex. The only drawback is the pan has to be made of iron. I have noticed that my stainlees steel clad pans do not heat as well as cast iron, but that is alright because I have two cast iron skillets that I have used for years. If you are interested in the burner but do not have cast iron pans, go buy a couple - they are dirt cheap, easy to clean & care for after they are seansoned & a pleasure to cook with.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, August 29, 2010
P. Keinschmidt "springchiken" (middletown, nj United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
We recently renovated our kitchen. We were without a cooktop, so I bought this portable one to use temporarily. I also, wanted to see if I would like using an induction cooktop. I liked it so much, I ordered an induction cooktop for my kitchen. And I can use this one to plug into my island if I want to cook in front of guests. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I need, May 19, 2011
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
I am teaching a series of pressure cooker lessons at the local community center. For the first class I used a regular hotplate. It did not work well. So I purchased this Fagor Countertop Induction Burner. What in incredible difference! With a cup of water in the pan and the lid locked in place, the cooker came to pressure in under 2 minutes. As pointed out in other posts, the pans must be compatable. You can test your cookware Very easily. If a magnet sticks to the bottom, you are good to go.

These hotplates do produce a kind of noise which some people may be sensitive to. Also, anyone with a pacemaker should remain farther than 2 feet away while the device is in operation.

4.0 out of 5 stars best deal in induction cook top, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
with multiple levels of heat adjustments, this induction cook top does a great job in heating up quickly ( a glass of water comes to a boil in about 1 minute ) and the surface of the unit stays cool to the touch. It's ideal to cook liquid foods because the heat is easily dispursed thoughout, but for solid foods it is a little cumbersome because you have to rotate the food within the hot area to have an evenly cooked item. The induction unit requires the use of magnetic type cookware (ie test the bottom of a pan with a magnet for it to be suitable for induction)
this is a great take-along unit for vacations , campers & students in a dorm

5.0 out of 5 stars Favor induction burner, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
I am extremely happy with this product. It works well and is very safe. I did have to get new stainless pots, but I needed them anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
Nice and sleek, and works like a magic. I do hot pot, fondu, you name it. It works beautifully with my Le Creuset cast iron pot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and Shipping, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
This is a very good product and I would recommend it to anyone that has the cookware to accomodate the experneice in this new era of cooking. It is a very efficient and quick process. Takes some adjusting to but is well worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Induction cook tops need megnetic cookware........, December 25, 2010
Tommy (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
It's quality is not bad, thought I don't think it is good either. I was not aware that these type of cook tops only work with magnetic cookware nor does the product's web page description state this anywhere. If it is common knowledge that induction cooking requires iron or magnetic cookware then it was knowledge I lacked. I looked at the images for these units and assumed they were the type the glow red like kitchen flat glass top type range, but now I know the difference between infrared and induction heating.

My main complaint about the quality is that I don't like that type of push button, the one where there is a large plastic piece and a kind of bubble in the piece over the button, when you push it, it snaps. With my experience this kind of button inevitably wears out after a few years and the plastic bubble breaks off.

I ended up returning this unit and ordering an induction compatible sauce pan and a magnaflux unit which is about $60 higher in price but has a touch sensitive surface and over all cleaner look.

I would say this product is ok for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this if you can hear the mosquito ringtone!, November 22, 2010
This review is from: Fagor Countertop Induction Burner (Kitchen)
Turned this on for 30 seconds and then put it right back in the box to return to Amazon. If you are sensitive to high-pitched noises (e.g. the "mosquito" ringtone, or if you can walk into a room and tell if a CRT television is on), stay away from this model at all costs! Not only does it make this high-pitched noise when on, but it pulses on and off several times every second. My ear drums were throbbing even an hour afterwards. My search for the perfect induction cooktop continues...

Fagor Countertop Induction Burner