2,345 Reviews
 (1,336)

5.0 out of 5 stars Metaphor and Reality collide
When I began teaching three years ago, I was required to teach this book. Having never read it before, I began reading it just before our winter break. As I soaked up the story of the book, I realized my students were already living it. They begged me daily, "Ms. Hill, why do we have to read this stupid book? Can't we just watch the movie?" As I got deeper...
Published on January 17, 2000 by Ammy Woodbury

3.0 out of 5 stars Good... But Not An Easy Read
The basic premise behind Ray Bradbury's novel 'Fahrenheit 451' is compelling. In the future, fireman don't put out fires, they start them. It is their job to seek out books and put them to the flame, making sure that no one indulges in the 'crime' of reading one. But what makes this nightmare so interesting, and relevant, is that it was not forced upon the people by...
Published on March 4, 2001 by Cody Carlson

‹ Previous | 1113 114 115235 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars its amazing and afordable, February 6, 2014
i like Fahrenheit 451 is very interesting as well as science fiction therefore i love it.
and the hook of the book is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the book, read the play, February 6, 2014
I grew up loving the novel Fahrenheit 451, but was always curious about what happened to some of the characters and what made them the way that they are. I stumbled on this play when I was looking for a production to direct and this just spoke to me. You learn a lot more about Beatty especially, which is one of the things that I love most. I also like the alternative death scene and the ending. I'm not a huge fan of the Montag/ Clarisse relationship in this play, but it is fun to see from a new point of view and since Bradbury wrote it he can do what he wants to his characters. Well worth the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant genius, February 6, 2014
This book may be wasted as required reading for high school students, but profound affirmation for literature teachers. Written in 1951 as apocalyptic foreshadowing, it is a scary prophesy today. Wonderfully written & thoughtfully provocative. Love the way Bradbury connected classic literature with censorship. This book should serve as a warning to all. Read it. & read it again. Discuss it with a group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, February 3, 2014
Thus book was a great read. It was the first book I read by Bradbury and I absolutely loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite book as a youth, February 2, 2014
Ray Bradbury was my favorite author when I was growing up. Fahrenheit 451 was my favorite novel. I find it so applicable to today's culture (read it carefully to see what I mean). I had introduced my now adult daughter to Ray Bradbury when she was young. This was a Christmas present she had asked for, and one that is difficult to find at the library. I was delighted to find it here online.

The cover is not particularly intriguing, but the story and impact of Bradbury's novel is still the same. This is not a smaller paperback, but the trade size paperback, so a little more cumbersome to carry around in your purse. Still, a great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all Americans, February 1, 2014
Every student should as least be given the opportunity to read this book and have in-depth discussion. I will not let this happen in my lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Additional essays, January 29, 2014
This is a nice copy of Fahrenheit 451, especially for a student. There are several articles in the back about the writing, the author, the book and the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Conscious altering and prophetic profound, January 27, 2014
I first read this 30 ish that's ago Inuit of a simple life of classics, but the profoundness escaped the young adult me.
Now, at fifty, very aware of politics, and seeing everyone obsessed by the instant gratification of technology...I see this book in a while now light. I have a new appreciation for this love letter to books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fahrenfeit 451, January 26, 2014
Fahrenheit 451 brought back memories of reading this book junior-high school hated the book then [reason forgotten]. This book has some very intense thoughts. A. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless read, January 24, 2014
Ray Bradbury wrote this book in the 1950's. He has prophetic insight into what a life filled with technology and a constant bombardment of information could do in a society.

‹ Previous | 1113 114 115235 | Next ›

Fahrenheit 451
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (Mass Market Paperback - May 12, 1980)
Used & New from: $0.01