5.0 out of 5 stars Fairie-ality Style: A Sourcebook of Inspirations from Nature, March 26, 2010
This review is from: Fairie-ality Style: A Sourcebook of Inspirations from Nature (Paperback)
A stained-glass window made from twigs and tulip petals. Chairs made from dandelions. A tea service made from acorns. A rug made from feathers. In this lusciously photographed sourcebook of design ideas, the author showcases his whimsical creations for the fairy world. No text distracts from the full-color photographs of waterfalls, birds' nests and fields of wildflowers, nor from the author's designs inspired by these scenes. Many of the tableaus are accompanied by a palette of the colors drawn together by nature. A butterfly wing is paired with a palette of brilliant blue, teal, brown and black; an autumn leaf with reds and golds. And don't miss the surprising sources of inspiration: a sea urchin's palette of greens, or a closeup of a toad's head that reveals a palette of reds, oranges and browns. Whether you need a color scheme for a kitchen, a theme for a restaurant, or a guide to understanding how to incorporate ideas and elements from nature into your designs, this is an inviting and compelling place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful -- Great Gift for Decorators, Artists, and Nature Enthusiasts!, October 27, 2010
This is really beautiful and different. The quality of the book is outstanding, especially considering the price. I was looking for some ideas and inspirations for my daughter's upcoming birthday party (we're building fairy houses), and ordered this. I didn't realize that it's a book of inspirations for interior design and decorating. But it's so much more as well -- a unique coffee table book with breathtaking photography, a wonderful "read" for girls and boys (big and little) who love fairies or nature, and a gorgeous reference for artists, designers, and decorators. It even includes an individual color chart for those who decide to re-paint their walls (or anything else). Really good buy, and a fantastic, unique, and inexpensive gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, eye-opening view of the world, March 14, 2010
Emelar "Emelar" (Eastern Washington) - See all my reviews
Fairie-ality Style provides anyone who sees it with a fascinating view of the incredible world that we live in. Beautiful photos of eveyday magic and tiny things presented in such a way as to return awe to your heart. Wonderful book! Ellwand has captured every heart who has seen this, reminding us all that really seeing the world makes all the difference! I also purchased his other book Fairie-ality, and the story of the Fool and the Vanisher as gifts for friends and family. I highly recommend his work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, inspiring book, January 4, 2011
I bought this for my creative nine-year-old who loves to make stuff (not necessarily practical or durable things, just stuff). We loved this beautiful book that the author David Ellwand describes as "a kind of printed folly." Should you buy this for someone, be sure to get the full value from it by experiencing it page-by-page together. For us it was like going to a museum exhibition; a wonderful way to spend time together on a cold afternoon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faerie-ality Style, November 23, 2010
artlover (Melbourne Australia) - See all my reviews
A beautiful, artistic book with breathtaking photography.
Lovers of art, nature, photography and 'faeries' will love
this book. Almost all pages in this book consist of full page
or double page photographs

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous, July 18, 2010
Helen Cons (VISTA, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I wanted this book when I first saw it in hardback, at a local bookstore, it was $40.00 and over my budget. I was thrilled to see it in paperback, who would know HOW artist's see things, until they share photos with you? Then to see how they interpret the photos in creating the artwork is also pretty amazing. I loved the first book, fairie-ality, and I am so glad I waited to get them both together. The amazing thing about the first book, is the three experts, photographs and artwork, copywriting, fashion art, together make a book far more beautiful, than each person trying to do it on their own. Amazon made this affordable purchase possible for me. and free shipping. REALLY ORIGINAL AND HIGH END. LOVE these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, April 26, 2013
This is my second book by this author. I can't have enough of the beauty each page shows. The work he does with Nature to create magical gowns and furniture is mindblowing! I even bought a copy to give to a very gifted friend I have, she's the perfect person to also enjoy this amazing book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but not a valuable reference, December 30, 2010
I hate to go against the grain on a beautiful work like this but I'm not sure how valuable a purchase this is. I bought this book as a gift. It was well-received. She looked through it more than once, talked about how beautiful and great it was, but then that was it. If you, say, run a hair salon then this might be a fun book to leave in your waiting area. If you are a home crafter then you will get a rise out of this book the week you get it then you'll probably be done with it.

My advice is to see if you can find it at a library or craft / bookstore. I hope you'll be inspired but it's not like you'll see things you'll need to refer back to later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nature inspirations from cover to cover, December 10, 2010
I purchased David Elwand's charming Fairieality years ago and loved its pages of drawings, images and designs of what a high fashion Fairy would wear.

This book, its imagination, use of color, display of color palettes, design, far surpases anything I could have imagined as a second book from this author's imagination. I am totally engaged in his Fairieality world. From a Loveseat upholstered with daylilies, to dinnerware made from acorns, each setting is photographed with amazing detail. And on each page are color swatches! This
is a great book for an artist such as myself who may want to blend colors for
fiber arts. I am a wool felt artist, and this book will be a constant source
of inspiration, I am sure, as I have already found its color swatches, details,
and macro photography already very inspiring. Perhaps I should buy myself a
second copy incase I wear the first one out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration Book, June 26, 2014
This is a true look book. There are very few words between the covers. It starts your own creativity for things you can dry to use for your own crafting.

Fairie-ality Style: A Sourcebook of Inspirations from Nature
Fairie-ality Style: A Sourcebook of Inspirations from Nature by David Ellwand (Paperback - November 10, 2009)
$19.99 $14.61