Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives Paperback – January 1, 2009
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
Faith Deployed is a devotional book with approximately 80 excerpts written by Jocelyn and 14 other Christian military wives from all branches. Each devotional includes a scripture, 2-page anecdote, a couple of questions to ask yourself based on the reading, and a prayer related to the topic.
Here's what makes this book a must have for any military library...
* It's easy to read. Each story is 2 pages! Within a few minutes you can have a great morsel of truth to get through your day.
* As it's sub-title states, this book is a "daily encouragement for military wives," reminding each of us that we are not alone even during the longest deployment or tenth PCS.
* The excerpts go to the root issue-what do the reactions to our life circumstances reveal about our heart? Military wives, just like any Christian woman seeking to honor the Lord, must choose to handle life in light of eternity. This book will remind you to do just that!
* I have to admit my biggest fear of the book is that it would be shallow. On the contrary, these women are honest, vulnerable, and intelligent. They quote other good authors and scripture. I was convicted time after time because the truth they were sharing comes right from the Bible.
* This book would definitely work if your military member is deployed, but it is completely relevant if your spouse is at home! And then you'll already own it when your spouse does deploy and you need that extra encouragement to look to the Lord.
I can honestly say, that have never met a Coast Guard wife. I have seen a couple blogs of them online, and seen them on a few military forums, but I have never actually known any.
When I picked up the book, and customarily flipped it right over to read the back, I noted that the author was a Coast Guard wife. And again, quite honestly, my initial reaction was, "A Coast Guard Wife? What does she know about hardships? It isn't like their husbands deploy or anything."
Well, I was very happily proven quite wrong. Joceyn Green was accompanied by many other contributers in "Faith Deployed." And as I read through the book, I noted that many of the hardships, struggles and trials that Jocelyn wrote about, rung very true in my ears.
She got it.
I am not normally a "devotional book" kind of person, and I generally skip over the prayers at the end of each, but I found this book very enjoyable and encouraging. I think it would be especially helpful for new military wives.....of any branch of the military....in seeing that there are many others who "have been there and done that."
Isn't it nice to sometimes be proven wrong?
It teaches us to be humble.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great book for those little moments you need to reflect. Easy to read and short sections that you can pick up here and there.Published 14 days ago by Ashley's Amazon
This helped me get through my husband's deployment. Our daughter was only a year old and all of a sudden I was playing the role of a single parent. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Kristin
Love this book! It is exactly what I needed to read during my husbands second deployment!Published 4 months ago by R. Maten
Amazing book not just for Military wives but for anyone looking for spiritual encouragement or even marriage advice!!! Love this book will defiantly read it more than once!!Published 5 months ago by Jamie
perfect gift for any service man. Would make a great Father's Day gift alsoPublished 8 months ago by robin ogle
My niece said this book helped her thru her husband's deployment.Published 12 months ago by denshaw