5.0 out of 5 stars Want to hear a secret?
Published on February 28, 2012 by Lilly Maytree

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
I was expecting more of a daily study, or even something with a little more substance about faith. Instead, just has a weekly, very short and vague message and journal prompt. The title is very accurate, very mini.
Published 22 months ago by Janet

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to hear a secret?, February 28, 2012
Lilly Maytree (Aboard the GLORY B.) - See all my reviews
This week, I read Heather Bixler's Mini Bible Study on FAITH. This is one of my favorite subjects, and having been a Christian for many years, I didn't suppose there was much I hadn't already heard about it, but it's nice to hear it, again. My goodness, was I wrong! While the scriptures were familiar, I loved the wonderfully fresh perspectives on them that can only come from someone who is truly "in touch" with the Lord. How can I say something like that? Well, I'll tell you. It's because I came away with something life-changing.

It was the suggestion that faith is a choice.

Now, having always considered faith to be something that "grew" in you, something you had to personally work hard to cultivate, this was a highly refreshing thought for me to think about. If all I had to do was choose (like picking chocolate over vanilla), I would choose faith all day long. Then it occurred to me that maybe I simply had the habit of looking where I had been, to figure out where I was going, instead of looking ahead. So, I started making a conscious decision to "choose faith" if ever I spotted an opportunity on my horizon. What a boon to realize there were little opportunities everywhere, once I started looking for them! And what a surprise to discover how much I liked doing it. There was a bonus, too.

Choosing faith has made me feel joyful. It makes me smile when I think about it, and gives me something to look forward to every day. What's more, it doesn't go away, like so many other enjoyable things do after they're over. In short, this little Bible study made me think, and discover new things about my own Christianity. And that's how I knew for sure where this secret truly came from. Perhaps if you read this book (and I hope you will), God will whisper something joyful to your heart, as well. Meanwhile, I'm very glad Heather Bixler took the time to share what she heard.

Thank you, Heather!

5.0 out of 5 stars Short Study to Help You Understand Faith, February 25, 2012
Written from a Biblical point of view, I found this short study to be encouraging. Each chapter begins with Scripture, followed by principles to live by, and ends with life application. Don't have time to read a long book on faith? This study will give you simple tools to understand faith and help you to develop a closer relationship with God.

One of my favorite quotes was the following: "Often our heart and mind can wander to the worries and desires of tomorrow. When our mind and heart wander to tomorrow, or next week, we lose sight of the beautiful things God has already given us." What a great reminder that faith is living each day to the fullest and trusting God for our future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith, February 19, 2012
This short four week scripturally based study looks at faith.

Week One: Focus is on being present to today, rather than the past or future. It is important to focus on the present rather than the "what ifs" of tomorrow that may or may not come to be. A misplaced focus robs us of the blessings and happiness that we do have! Misplaced focus often leads to feelings of overwhelm.

Week Two: Focus is on the truth of who is in control and who is not.

Week Three: Focus is on commitment. In our "drive-through" and "disposable" society we hear little of commitment and perseverance, both of which are strands in the cord of faith.

Week Four: Focus is on grace. Grace, the unmerited favor of God is an outworking of faith!

At the end of each devotional/scriptural passage Bixler lists a series of questions to prompt and guide one's meditation on the topic for the week and encourages readers to journal their thoughts and write out their prayers. I have done journaling for years and appreciate these kinds of helps. I personally feel that journalling is a very powerful spiritual discipline; it does not come easily or happen overnight but it is well worth the effort!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Word about Living by Faith, August 30, 2012
As a bible teacher, I not only love to teach but to LEARN. Heather Bixler's eBook on Faith provided me with some powerful words and reminders about faith. As believers, we are instructed to walk by faith, not by sight. But how many of us know what faith really is? Heather's book not only defines faith, but tells us how we can live by faith in our daily lives. Three words summarize the powerful ideas I got from this book on faith: Choose, Today, and Commitment. Heather reminds us in the book that faith is a choice. In fact in Deuteronomy 30:19 God says, "...I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live". The choice to walk by faith is choosing life and blessing. We choose to believe that God is who He says He is and will do what He said He would do.

The second word from Heather's study that stayed with me is Today. She exhorts us to enjoy what God has given us today and become 'seed planters' so that we can enjoy a harvest tomorrow. To me, that means being careful to invest my time, talents, money, and physical health so that I can bring glory to God.

Finally, I learned about Commitment in the book. That means deciding that quitting is not an option. You are going to stand on God's word no matter what storms may come, no matter what it takes.

My faith was definitely strengthened by reading this short, but powerful study. I have a passion for the bible and its power to change the lives of those who choose to invest in its treasures. That's what guided me to create Abiding Love: Bible Study for Women (Book 1). I know many people will be blessed from Heather Bixler's Faith bible study. I sure was!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to read, December 21, 2012
I enjoyed reading the book. It reminds us that with faith in God, all things are possible. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible Study, September 6, 2012
This book is a wonderful guide.Very helpful for those new in thier bible studies
whether begining or refreshing studies. It is Cleary written,easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a really great bible study....it has all ones needs, July 28, 2012
hi,,
i got this book a while ago..i've read thru it several times..
this time it really hit me the depth and breath of the value of the direction this bible study points us in..
to me it is a condenced teaching on what faith in god is all about.
if this was all one had to read...and study,,
and they appropriated these teachings into thier spiritual life..
they'd have all then need...to have a strong active, vital, and growing faith..
of course our part is to pray and seek gods strength and direction in their lifes............
the best bible study i've encountered in a long time...
it is worth it's weight in gold..

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick but Powerful Read!, February 17, 2012
This is a short book but powerful when you apply the truths it contains! I recommend taking each week and meditating on the scriptures Heather shares and then either discussing the application questions in a group or writing out your responses in a journal. Thanks Heather for providing this resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith -- Four Week Mini Bible Study, June 3, 2013
Right away, Heather Bixler's introduction in her book, Faith - Four Week Mini Bible Study, caught my attention where she writes, "The Creator of the universe cannot be held back by anyone, or anything, unless of course He chooses to do so. And if God chooses to humble Himself, then in that humility there is still a bigger plan and greater purpose than we will ever know." At this point in my life, I needed to read this. I'm going through circumstances that appear to have no end, that leave me with no one else to lean on or trust in except God, and my faith is being tested on a daily basis.

Using familiar and favorite Bible passages, Heather shows us that when we put our faith in God, we receive His grace and favor in exchange. However, having faith doesn't come naturally for us. That's something we have to choose and work hard to develop in our lives. When choosing to walk by faith, we also receive abundant life and blessings as bonuses.

Another meaningful quote from this book is, "Faith in God isn't meant to be a burden or even a struggle. Our faith in Him will release us from the burdens of the world." That's incredibly freeing, and a good reminder that faith means trusting our future to God and believing He knows what's best for us.

Each section on faith also contains a few questions to get you thinking and meditating on different Scripture passages as well as encouraging readers to keep a journal.

Thank-you, Heather, for writing this Bible study. I was blessed, and I'm sure others will be blessed by reading it as well. I am giving this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Please note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Study for All Levels of Bible Students, May 2, 2013
Mommy Shrinks (Naperville, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faith - Four Week Mini Bible Study (Paperback)
We chose this mini study as a way to help newcomers get their feet wet in Bible study. There is minimal homework, and the themes are familiar. However, much to our delight, it turned out to be fantastic for the Bible study veterans in our group also! Our group usually meets for 90 minutes and we had no problem filling the entire session with group discussion. The best part is the opportunity to reference multiple translations of the verses we studied. We are all lovers of BibleGateway.com now, and this study helped our Bible study group to grow closer through the four weeks together. Experienced students were able to share verses that complemented the ones in the study, and it really fostered quality discussion. We will look for additional studies by this author in the future.

Faith - Four Week Mini Bible Study
Faith - Four Week Mini Bible Study by Heather Bixler (Paperback - July 12, 2012)
$7.00 $6.30