5.0 out of 5 stars Kenny Captures the essence of the past!
Published on November 28, 1999 by Cheryl P. Koretzky

3.0 out of 5 stars The Millennium Mix is wonderful!
Although I became tired of Kenny G's style long ago (everything sounds the same), I bought this CD for one song only...the Millennium Mix! This song continues to touch me everytime I hear it.
Published on December 26, 1999 by Donna Nalbach

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenny Captures the essence of the past!, November 28, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
A local radio station recently played the Millenium Mix piece anonymously to get audience reaction. Ninety-Nine percent of the calls were intrigued, wowed and panting to get a copy. A week later, due to the overwhelming response of calls & requests, the station revealed it was a song featured on Kenny G's Faith album. Although I'm not particularly into Christmas music, I bought this album based merely on it containing the Millenium Mix/Auld Lang Syne cut. What a delight to find the entire album such an enjoyable musical experience. It makes a great holiday gift as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars New Kenny G Fan, December 1, 1999
MSGraham (Kansas City, Missouri) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
Star 102 here in Kansas City recently began playing the Millenium Mix/Auld Lang Syne song. I called for two days trying to find out who created the song. It was much to my surprise to find out that it was Kenny G. Just like the end of the millenium itself, this is a don't miss CD. I have to admit that I only purchased this CD because of this one song. However, after listening to the whole CD, I will probably purchase other Kenny G. CD's in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Christmas Album, November 17, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
Being a fan of both Christmas music and Kenny G, I eagerly awaited this CD and was not disappointed in the least. Actually, I was quite surprised by many of the arrangements - they are a very nice mix of contemporary and traditional. I especially like SLEIGH RIDE. It's very reminiscent of the instrumental version that was a big hit in the 50s. The whole CD has a very up feel and very joyful sound. If you liked his MIRACLES CD I think you'll love this new one. I believe this is an even better album. There are 2 surprise bonus tracks at the end of the cd: THE CHRISTMAS SONG and AULD LANG SYNE-MILLENIUM VERSION. While the Millenium version is interesting (the last 100 years are heard in sound bites from old radio and tv broadcasts), it is the other version on this CD that is really excellent. If you're like me and already have way too many Christmas CDs but can't resist a new one every season, this is the one to buy. A really feel-good Christmas CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars it brought back memories, November 20, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
I was driving in my car when I first heard the song Millennium Mix,it brought back memories of my whole life. I have been trying to find the album in music stores. It was GREAT. I am a teacher and Im going to play it for my students. I recommend it for EVERYONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SINGLE ENGLISH-LANGUAGE TRACK IN HISTORY OF RECORDING!, November 27, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
I have worked in the record/music industry. I have heard an enormous amount of recorded music product over the years. "Faith" is a great holiday CD, but "AULD LANG SYNE (THE MILLINEUM MIX)" is undoubtedly the best single track of recorded sound I have EVER heard. I have never had any other piece of work immediately strike to my core and overwhelm me with such poignancy before. I intend to buy this CD for everyone on my holiday list. One of my best friends is a school teacher; I will be buying a copy for his school. I will be buying a copy for my local library! "Auld Lang Syne (The Millineum Mix)," like the 1999-2000 New Year's Eve passage, is a once-in-a-lifetime event! Anyone who cannot deal with it being on the "Faith" holiday CD should simply eliminate the track when PROGRAMMING their CD player at their holiday gathering.

5.0 out of 5 stars MOUNTAINEER, November 29, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
A "MUST HAVE" ALBUM FOR THE HOLIDAYS! GREAT MUSIC TO DE-STRESS BY AFTER THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF SHOPPING IN THE MALL!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love "Auld Lang Syne/The Millineum Mix", December 13, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
I heard the song on the radio and found myself with tears in my eyes. It's an emotionally charged tribute to what has been both a tragic and a triumphant century. The rest of the album is lovely Christmas fare, and the final cut really brings the title into play...it's all about Faith. May we all remember this as we close this century.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Emotional Xmas CD I Ever Heard, December 14, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful CD! There are a variety of songs to please most people. Most the songs made me want to dance the way Kenny G played them. His version of Ave Maria is beautiful. The millinium Auld Lang Syne had me crying. . . . Was worth purchasing for the millinium memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD is fantastic in every sense of the word., November 19, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
Kenny G is no doubt one of the very best musicians on the American music scene today. Faith is another accomplishment, that I will agree outranks its predecessor, Miracles. Kenny is a master musician, paralyzing the listener with his incredible musicianship. Thanks Kenny for another wonderful Christmas memory!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, December 21, 1999
This review is from: Faith: A Holiday Album (Audio CD)
Like others who have written, when I first heard "Millennium Auld Lang Syne," I was transfixed. I was driving in my car when it came on. I knew immediately from the style that it was Kenny G. (Thank you, Amazon, for quick delivery!) Goosebumps, tears, lumps in my throat, smiles, nostalgia, sadness, hope, gratitude and appreciation for how very blessed we are, especially in this country -- all these emotions welled up during this amazing creation. The rest of the album is wonderful. But I bought it for this one song. And it's worth it for this one song alone. My thanks to Kenny G for a song that will no doubt touch the hearts, minds, and souls of millions -- in a way that I hope and pray will make all of us strive to love better, to work with more passion, and to give thanks to those who have gone before us, and to those whom we have the privilege of living and loving today.

Faith: A Holiday Album
Faith: A Holiday Album by Kenny G (Audio CD - 1999)
Rate and Discover Movies