5.0 out of 5 stars Light, fluffy & surprisingly funny & thoughtful at times...
A great movie to watch when you feel like watching a good chick flick that's light and fun! You know before you begin that the girl will get the guy in the end but the journey there is funny and enjoyable! I loved it - a favourite for when I want to watch something that requires no thinking!
Published on May 28, 2010 by Nicole Smit

2.0 out of 5 stars What?! Five stars?!
Haven't we been down this road already, Melissa Joan Hart? Jennifer (MJH) meets Vince (Joey Lawrence) at a wedding. They have an immediate disliking for each other. Jennifer has all of her belongings stolen, and Vince has a gambling debt due to The Monkey (Steve Schirripa). They decide to arrange a fake wedding, as "business partners," to cash in on all of the gifts. They...
Published 12 months ago by walletboyniac

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, fluffy & surprisingly funny & thoughtful at times..., May 28, 2010
Nicole Smit "Coleyflowa" (Narre Warren North, Victoria Australia) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fake Fiance, April 30, 2010
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
If you like Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina The Teenage Witch or the Christmas movie Holiday in Handcuffs that you'll like MY FAKE FIANCE. Melissa Hart first meet the in debt to a loan shark Joey Lawrence while attending a friends wedding only to return to her to place to learn she had been robbed of everything she owns. Cash-strapped she talks him into a fake relationship and even more fake wedding in order for her to use the wedding gifts and cash to replace her furniture and pay off his debts. Proving to their families that their in love is funny beyond words and sound find as they get to know each other better it'll be up to them to realize true love is in the air before the conscience calls off their engagement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Adorable, January 16, 2011
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
After Seeing Melissa Joan Hart and Joseph Lawrence on ABC Family's Melissa & Joey, I had to see this video. Apparently the chemistry between these 2 young actors was discovered in this film.

Jennifer (Melissa) and Vince (Joseph) agree to plan a fake wedding after she loses all her possessions while moving and his bookie demands the $15k he owes. At one point Vince doesn't want to take money from his dad but does it for her. Jennifer doesn't want to go through with the fraud to her family and friends but agrees to do it for him.

Jennifer decides to allow Vince to sleep on her bed, on top of the covers and they briefly kiss but a family issue demands their attention. A couple of times Jennifer is asked if she is 'Preggo' so there really isn't any bad language or situations.

Melissa and Joseph are in perfect timing throughout the film, their years as child actors has taught them much.

If a happy ending is predictable, well then it is. However all that Jennifer and Vince go through while planning their wedding makes an enjoyable story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, June 14, 2010
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
I love comedy and romance rolled in one and that's what this movie is. They meet at a wedding with her not being impressed with him or his life style. On arriving home from the wedding, she finds she has been robbed of everything. Realizing she need his help, he moves in with her and she comes up with a way to help both of them. That is where the fake fiance comes in and the fun begins.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome movie..... no bonus features, July 17, 2010
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
I loved this movie and was thrilled to find it on sale (strange I bought it at walmart a week before other sites said it was to be released) at any rate it was a good value at $10 but there are no bonus features. Kinda wished there was. If the movie wasn't as good as it is, I'd give the movie 4 stars based on that. Sweet romantic comedy I can watch in front of my kids without fear of them hearing something they shouldn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fake Fiance, May 20, 2010
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
The storyline and plot were very believable and interesting. Acting was superb. The movie is funny as well as seriously emotional at times! Well done!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good!, November 24, 2010
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I bought it sight unseen and hoped it would be good and I wasn't disappointed. The two have pretty good chemistry and it kept me invested. It was pretty clean with no premarital sex (which I liked). I said "Awww" on two different cute scenes so that warrants it worthy. I know they're going to have a TV show together, but I would like to see them do more movies. Can never have too many cute formulated rom coms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly enjoyable chick flick, July 17, 2011
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
I hadn't heard or seen this movie prior to buying, and had actually only seen Holiday in Handcuffs (also Melissa Joan Hart) prevously so I was pleasantly surprised when I thoroughly enjoyed it more so than the first movie. This one had a similar feel about it story wise although different circumstances to the previous movie but found this storyline just felt more complete. It was funny, suitable for the family and a feel good happy end (even if it was a little cheesy, I liked it anyway). I will definitly watch this one again and would reccommend it especially to anyone who wants a good chickflick that doesn't get too carried away one way or the other, feels good, happy ending and doesn't require a box of tissues.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABC Needs More Like This!, February 17, 2014
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
I can't stop watching this movie! It is so refreshing to see such a wholesome show with the mirage of sleazebag stuff that is being forced down our throats. The actors were unknown to me, but I can't seem to get enough of them in this hilarious display of fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Movie, December 14, 2013
This review is from: My Fake Fiance (DVD)
I absolutely love this movie. It is one of my favorite comedy movies. If you’re a fan of the show Melissa and Joey you will love this movie.

ARRAY(0x9f9738c4)

My Fake Fiance
My Fake Fiance by Gil Junger (DVD - 2010)
$6.95 $6.94