on January 16, 2001
Format: Hardcover
These terse, brutal, elegant, witty, anarchic, and ultimately quite moving stories, which take place on the east coast of the U.S. and in modern Vietnam, merit a wide audience. Highly recommended. Want more adjectives? Urban, hip, frightening, delightful.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 5, 2015
Format: Kindle Edition
I bought a fake NONO from an Estore. at the time they,with Amazons permission; (because Amazon would have checked their BBB status? )It's an
F-. I got that info in 10 seconds My broker was shocked that Amazon was involved with fakes.

I was as loyal a customer to this company. But they crossed the blurry line between ebay where it is expected that Buyer is expected to beware. I also belive attempt to mitigate problems. Amazon response, "we didn't know they would screw you, get back you masses. Amazon to quote Darrell Royal better find their old loyal partner and"Dance with who "brung you"
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: Hardcover
I am sure there are readers that will enjoy, "Fake House", by Mr. Linh Dinh. To say that I enjoyed his work would be an exaggeration, but he had some thoughts that were cleverly expressed. However these were a very small portion of an otherwise tiresome collection of 21 stories that but for their subjects of deviant behavior detailed to a rather alarming degree would have been totally colorless.
The book's stories take place in two geographical locales just as the Author spent parts of his life in the United States and Vietnam. The Author has either chosen or has an eye for the more lurid aspects of human behavior; some would say the sicker side of life. This is all fine as far as it goes, and some pretty strange human behavior can be described in a manner that is interesting, or as with this book it can be written in a frat-house style that is meant for shock value.
I guess there must be an audience for this sort of writing, however unless you enjoy the bizarre to the point of being a touch nauseated, this is not for you.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...