Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 188 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:24:28 AM PST
J. Sloane says:
Excellent, thank you.
I want to buy one of these for my home network of mac, iphone, ipad, PC. Will this router work with them?
What do you guys say about the router failure for that one reviewer after about 2 years?
What is the warranty?
You may contact me directly if you like, jim@3dwoodies.com
Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:04:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:44:26 PM PST
Ima Consumer says:
To J. Sloane,
I have had this router since Nov. 2010. Other than having to reset it a couple of times over the two years, I have never had a problem with it, at all. I highly recommend the product AND the customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:56:19 PM PST
I was one of the people that reviewed it five stars and I owned it for probably 18 months but I did have it fail on me. It was great while it worked for me but one day the power went out and it lost it's ability to remember settings. It would drop the signal, I would unplug it and when it was plugged back in it would be like it had been hard reset and the entire network would have to be set back up. Got very infuriating. Hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:30:35 PM PST
J. Sloane says:
thanks Ima!
Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:45:14 PM PST
Ima Consumer says:
Jim Sloane,
You're welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:11:07 AM PST
J. Sloane says:
Very helpful Matt, thanks.
Just like my Thermador oven, worked great at first!
Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:15:27 AM PST
Hi Matt and Jim,

The router's lifetime is generally much longer than 18 months. Unfortunately there are some exceptions to that just like any brand. There is a 1-Year warranty, so if the router were to be defective, we will certainly replace it for you.

Thanks,
Medialink Customer Support
856-216-8222
Tue-Sat 9am to 6pm Eastern
support@medialinkproducts.com

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:36:58 AM PST
J. Sloane says:
Hi Medialink - if the problems don't show up until 2 or 3 years after installation, will you still replace?
I'm battling Thermador right now because of a product that is beyond warranty but continues to fail. In this case the oven is 8 years old, by a 'high end' appliance mfg. They refuse to replace it.
In your case a 3 year warranty would be great and encourage me to buy one of your products.
Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:45:38 AM PST
Oh I was not trying to bash the product. Like I said it worked great. In fact I should have also specified that mine was purchased direct and was a $25 refurb. It certainly exceeded my expectations so I left my review at 5 stars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:07:36 AM PST
Hi Jim,

No the 1-Year warranty would not be valid 2 or 3 years after installation. Defects generally manifest themselves within the first few months if the unit is actually defective.

Thanks,
856-216-8222
Tue-Sat 9am to 6pm Eastern

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 8:37:30 PM PST
flournnoi says:
I just read through almost this entire comment roll. One thing I can say, this entire thing is obsessive and STRANGE. People say this and they say that..they say "all the reviews sound alike." Well I can tell you, after reading this forum I am questioning my own sanity. After a while, EVERYTHING sounds the same. I wish Amazon would just delete this entire forum roll and end this melodrama. It has been YEARS since this was started and nothing has really come of this post, other than drawing people into the twilight zone for about 30 minutes. People have only shown their rashness and their quickness to take personal offense about BEING RIGHT. I'd like to say that this forum is about an object, a wireless router--but it's obviously not. It's been a personal laundry airing to which the entire Amazon community has been privy.

I came here originally because I was looking for a new router. I've had several routers in the past and I wanted to really look into it this time around. The problem with the issues about this type of product is that generally people are VERY satisfied or VERY dissatisfied about wireless routers because their experiences are either a relief from bad experiences in the past or a bad experience, and one area that has repeatedly set this company apart from Linksys and Netgear is its customer support. Sure people have problems with routers..dropped connections, routine headaches. Wireless routers ARE a headache, so the difference is the customer service. Having not bought this product, it makes sense.

Besides this, this general forum entry has been poison. I don't want to ever look at it again. It was a fascinating experiment in being human, but Amazon is a place for products--not personal discrepancies.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 8:42:18 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 22, 2012 8:42:44 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:11:48 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 18, 2012 9:13:50 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 11:12:01 AM PST
Hi Dani,

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding our company and I'm sorry for any inconvenience you may have incurred using the router. Please allow me to explain. The product you are referring to that is similar to our product, as we have stated numerous times, is a completely different router. The casing is the same. However, the chipset, the GUI, the memory, the flash and the customer support among many other attributes are all unique. They are different units entirely.

As for the repeated accusations that the reviews for this router are fake, we will not continue to address this. If they were fake, our seller status would be revoked immediately by Amazon. They are not and never have been fabricated and to accuse us of doing something like that is insulting.

The problem you are having with the iPad is certainly curious. That is not as you mentioned, a typical problem with the router. There are some things we can try to help you address the issue. Since replacing the router did not fix it, it is clear that the routers you received are not defective.

Please give us another call and we can suggest some things to try.

Thanks,
Mon thru Sat 9am to 6pm EST
(Mon & Wed Extended to 9pm EST)
856-216-8222

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 12:25:27 PM PST
GT Man says:
I have 2 of these in operation, one at home, the other at the office. They work flawlessly. Solid stable connection. Maybe the reason the reviews a so good is that folks are tired of crappy products from linksys dlink asus etc, that only have a chance in hell if they are upgraded to ddwrt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:53:04 PM PST
Ima Consumer says:
to Dani Moore,
I have owned this router for two years now. It has performed almost flawlessly for the entire time. While I don't use my real name, I have over 20 reviews of various products, only two of which are Medialink/Mediabridge products. To think that many of the thousands of five star reviews are "fake reviews" is laughable. I submitted my review when there were under 50 reviews of the product. Of course, you'll probably accuse me of being another "fake reviewer." :) Well, go right ahead, enjoy your fantasy :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:39:30 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 18, 2012 9:13:53 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:51:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 1:52:37 PM PST
Ima Consumer says:
To Dani,
The reason I responded is that you make the claim that most reviewers have only one review. I have three pages of reviews, and I have no connection to Medialink at all! However, I do get annoyed at people like yourself and B. Lawless who disparage this company, and their fine products. That is why I come to their defense.

For anyone to believe that Medialink could even possibly submit even 10% of the thousands of reviews that are posted for their product is beyond credulity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:02:04 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 18, 2012 9:13:54 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:57:52 PM PST
B. Lawless says:
Saw Monoprice's router again today, reminded me of this one so I thought I'd check in on it again. Can't help but notice how many posts Amazon has deleted from this thread (most from someone named Dani who was bashing Medialink if I remember correctly). Wonder why? It's really a shame they don't publicly post their reasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 8:51:40 PM PST
Ima Consumer says:
to B. Lawless, perhaps the reason why they deleted Dani's reviews was because he, like you, continually bad mouthed the product without ever actually owning it.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 11:18:49 AM PST
Kathy says:
I'm a little late to the discussion but I agree with you Lawless. It seems very fishy that this off brand router has thousands more reviews then other similar name brand routers. It does make you think that someone has posted some fake reviews just so they show up at the top of any router search on Amazon. Great promotional campaign move! Not saying every 5 star review is faked, but I believe some are. The fact that the posts in this thread that are positive towards Medialink are so rude make this whole thing even more fishy. I think I'll keep looking and not fall for the "#1 rated router on Amazon" ploy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 1:54:43 PM PST
Ima Consumer says:
to Kathy, If you're in the market for a router, and this one has received so many positive reviews, why don't you have the courage to try it, then if you are dissatisified with it for any reason, you can always return it for no charge. Otherwise, you are wasting your time, just like your friend B. Lawless.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 8:54:18 PM PST
L. Weber says:
I just read this whole thing.
I don't even know what product this is about.
Can someone help me, please?

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 8:59:40 PM PST
Ima Consumer says:
to L. Weber: If you look at the top of the page, just above "Fake Reviews," you can click on the link for the product, which is a Medialink Router.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  69
Total posts:  188
Initial post:  May 25, 2011
Latest post:  May 19, 2014

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Medialink Easy Setup Wireless Router, Repeater & Range Extender (300 Mbps)
Medialink Easy Setup Wireless Router, Repeater & Range Extender (300 Mbps) by Medialink
4.2 out of 5 stars   (5,961)