Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on October 16, 2010
This DVD set isn't being distributed in the U.S. like the first set was, but is instead available RIGHT NOW at Warner Bros. wbshop dot com. Whoever's selling these out there for ridiculously marked up prices is getting them there and reselling them. Presumably any future season collections will be sold the same way.
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2010
I ordered Season 2 from Warner Bros. because I read where they were only making them on demand. I was so disappointed to find out that for $50 the DVDs did not even have chapters or subtitles. Without chapters, you cannot stop playing and return to the same position to finish watching the show at a later time. Also, nothing displays in the elapsed time without chapters. I called customer service at WB and registered my complaint, but I doubt if they will change anything for the making of Season 3.
on October 17, 2010
Couldn't agree with the first post more. I have already seen the thieves on E-bay try to gouge for this product
as well, but with them you have no clue if it is pirated or not. It is sad that everyone has to be greedy with the fans
that are collectors of this great t.v. show. I got season two a while back at warner bros. store, and thought they
overgcharged as well. I suspect that all future seasons will be relased only through them.............
on August 24, 2011
I just starting viewing Season 5th. Very intersted, I like to have the subtitles , because I had a stroke, and for me,sometime, I can not understands the words clearly. So, I understand ,there are others, with disablilites. I always thought, it was Warner Bros.putting those series. They need to let us know,they don't put out, all of menus, that we are used to. I have no,problems with acting,or video, I just wish they ,will correct that, problem. thanks, julie
on October 17, 2014
Falcon Crest really hit its stride in the second season. David Selby as Richard Channing was a great addition and really gave Jane Wyman a fun nemesis. The seasons mystery centers around the murder of vineyard owner and Channing in-law Carlo Agretti. The murderer is revealed in the last episode and it was a complete surprise to me. Television today is a lot of reality shows and crime procedurals, none particularly fun. Falcon Crest is a lot of fun!
on December 17, 2010
When I first saw this being advertised on eBay for $99.99, I was shocked. So, I decided to look for the dvd on Amazon. I was shocked to see season 2 is only made on demand and is almost doubled what season one was. This is probably in my opinion the best season, if for nothing else because of Lana Turner's guest appearances and show downs with Jane Wyman. I think it is a shame as with other series on dvd that greed has krept again. If the manufacturers were not so greedy, they would realize they would get more sales at an affordable price. Many fans would buy this for Lana Turner alone. Shame on you for not caring for the Falcon Crest fans.
on July 26, 2013
I watched Season 1 and thought to myself: "why as a child I liked this show?" By the end of Season 1, they added Ana Alicia and with a romance I developed an interest in the show.

I ordered Season 2 last week and I am watching them now. The DVDs do have chapters based upon the title of the episode and the DVDs are professionally produced; I am not sure what people are complaining about regarding chapters and quality.

Richard - he is the J.R. Ewing of the show; he hates everybody and everybody hates him; I pretty much skip any scenes related to Richard. I guess what really makes me hate RIchard is that he is having an affair with Melissa for part of Season 2.

Lance - Fine as Hades and as dumb as a bag of rocks; none of his plans or schemes ever work. Growing up Lance and Melissa were my favorite couple. Now, I find Lance's laziness and stupidity repulsive. For instance, Lance has been rich his whole life but doesn't even have any savings. When Angela put him out one time, he had to go begging his mother for money. Another time, he tries to beat up Cole and Cole kicks his butt. Another time, he and Melissa try to blackmail Angela and they ended up looking like fools. Lance is just stupid. The most upsetting scene was when Lance manhandled Melissa to get her from Cole. It was indeed wrong of Melissa to stroke Cole's face, but Lance was wrong to throw her to the side.

Cole - too boring for words. Julia said it best though: Melissa and Cole should have just gotten married when she discovered she was pregnant. Cole was like a puppy on the show; cute and sweet but not that interesting. The relationship between he and Linda Caproni is just pathetic and boring

Vickie - her hair is way too red; at 17 she dated a 50 year old professor and this season she is dating a 40 something year old married man. Vickie has issues. I am glad she left the show.

Chase - he is always involved in some cause; this season he insists on solving the Agretti murder to clear Cole. In my view, the sheriff should have hired additional police force rather than keep Chase involved in the investigation for like 12 episodes

Emma - I understand she is mentally challenged but I just don't see her purpose on the show. This season Richard has hired her to work at the NEW GLOBE.

Melissa - I don't know what is wrong with her. Her whole focus in life is power and money. She has power and money so I am not understanding why she acted so stupid for much of Season 2. Pregnant with Cole's baby; sex with Richard; stroking Cole's face while claiming she loves Lance; blackmailing Angela about the Agretti Vineyards and so forth. Melissa promised to fulfil her father's promise of getting Falcon Crest; this makes no sense considering that the Agretti VIneyards are the equivalent of Falcon Crest.

Maggie - she was cast as the everyday womnan; she bores me but she is not so bad on the show; this season she has written a screen play about her life

Julia - her mother robbed her of her life so she turns into a criminal to try to escape her mother; she really becomes conniving in Season 3

Chao-Li - he has all of this advice but yet he is a butler; if he is sooo smart why doesn't Angela make him her business associate or something?
on December 30, 2013
I thought I was ordering the set of DVDs, not just to view the Second Season. The videos cannot be played on any devices I have except my computer. I would have to go out and buy another TV and Wii because the ones I have are not the right model. I was hoping to view it on my big screen TV. And of course when you order it, you cannot cancel it. I knew something was wrong when "the cart" didn't show up for me to put the item in. There should be a "red" flag letting people know there is "no cancellations" and that they are ordering "viewings" of the Season and not the DVD set.
on February 2, 2012
The first season was slow for me. It reminded me of the first season of Dynasty. Anyway Season 2 moved along pretty well and was interesting. The problem with it was there was so much going on that they dropped/delayed two of the plots. They created the shooting of Melissa's dad and the framing of Cole. Then they just kinda dropped it and moved on to other stuff. And they did the same about Cole being the father of Melissa's baby. It was a big deal at the end of Season 1--their relationship. The baby's father was still of interest at the beginning of season two. Then they just stated it as fact, hide the baby's father's identity, and let things ride. Strange. No father fighting to see his kid. No love story between them. Nothing. Weird. Anyway per most of my other comments on the tv shows of this era I grew up watching this show off and on. I was not a devote viewer. But I remember as a kid seeing Chase and his famil y as the "good" family. And Angela as the "mean" one. Well I watch it now and see that it is just typical 70s/80s liberal vs conservative. Communism vs capitalism, even. Angela is family oriented and a good business woman who is hated for it. Chase is the tree hugging, illegal immigrant protecting, "anti-business" person. But what is so weird is as Chase is built up as the hero of the story he becomes more and more arrogant and bosy--he turns into Angela. Pounding fists on tables. Demanding of the police. Threatening. Making deals behind closed doors. Etc. But on a technical note one thing I could do without in these DVDs is the commercial breaks. They interrupt the show with the announcer saying "Falcon Crest will return" or whatever and then instead of seeing commercials you see the FC emblem and hear the announcer stated "And now Falcon Crest" or whatever. Why waste our time with that. But if that keeps the costs down so we can actually see the rest of the seasons then I'll deal with it.
on January 9, 2015
The ever interesting series that provided us with Dallas-like entertainment through the 1980s. It does help if one has watched from the beginning, as it provides a sense of how characters have evolved and why a certain enmity exists between certain individuals. A growing cast and more intricate storyline builds upon each season, and is often bolstered by Angela Channing's (Jane Wyman) ambitions and desire to squash anyone who dares to defy her wishes. If you enjoyed similar shows from the 1980s era, you won't be disappointed with this one.