Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Board book|Change

on September 25, 2001
This is my 8 month old's favorite book. Everytime I read it to her, which is everyday for the past several months, she goes into a state of bliss. She loves the big, happy, bouncy multi-cultural babies and I always sing the words to her for added pleasure. Great choice for infants.
on March 3, 2000
Adorable drawings of multi-cultural children playing together. Wonderful rhythm and rhyme. Nice to have a board book that's bigger than 4" square! We just wish it was longer because it's so much fun to read with our toddler.
on February 23, 2003
I have all 4 of these Oxenbury books and both of my kids have been absolutely captivated by them. It is the only book that they will just sit and actively listen and follow from between 6-15 months. Watch their faces while another reads it to them and you will be amazed at how the respond to the simple, large pictures and rhymes. As an adult, I am attracted to more detailed and complex illustrations, but this is what a BABY likes! Any of her books are a perfect way to introduce you child to book reading.
on April 28, 2004
We have all of Oxenburys books in this series (Clap Hands, Say Goodnight, All Fall Down & Tickle Tickle). We also have her Big Baby Book as well. My daughter is 13 months old and loves books, but the books she continually picks out and hands to me are the books in this series. She adores them. My husband and I have probably read these hundreds of times to her, and she is captivated by the art work and the rhyme. A definite must have for your little one!
on July 13, 2015
Personally, I think Helen Oxenbury books are a must for every child's book shelf. The rhythm of the words and the illustrations are the best! I bought this for a friend because I loved so much reading it to my own children - over and over again!
on December 6, 2015
I didn't use simple stories like this with my first child, but I do with my littles now. They love them and love acting out the story as we go along. We love almost all of Helen Oxenbury's simple and sweet books.
on May 22, 2011
I love the illustrations. It's a very cute book. Although it's a short read, each page is enjoyable and adorable. You can make a song out of the words too. The books are rather big so the images are easy for baby to see.
on July 18, 2014
When I first picked up this book, I thought it would be written in sing song manner. To me it looked kind of like ring-around-the-rosy type of book and so I though.

When I opened this book, I was very wrong. This book is an 8 page book that is written like a little baby is talking. Each page spread has one setting with a very short commend. For example on one page there are babies sinking and the text says sing together.

I know kids need to understand the book, and I would be okay with less the full sentences, but it would have been nice to alt east make a sentence ever few pages.

I have read silly books in the past that were written with much better vocabulary that the kids understood. The book ends off with all fall down.

This book is okay. Kids love acting silly with the babies of the book but it is a very short lived book. There is little keeping the kids interested and so I would not recommend purchasing this book.
on August 28, 2014
This book and the companion books are delightful to read to your child -- fun for the reader and the listener. Helen Oxenbury's simple rhymes and illustrations engage young children. I also appreciate the fact that the children in the books are different races, so these books expose children to people who are like them, but look different from them on the outside from an early age. My children outgrew these books years ago, but I saved them for future grandchildren and give them as gifts.
on May 14, 2013
I bought this book for our Grandson. It is his favorite book at Grand Daddy's and we wanted to take one to him on our first visit since he moved away. Quick shipping got it to us on time. It arrived in excellent shape and the price was the best on line for a new book. Thanks.