Fallen Masters
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$17.08+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Format: HardcoverVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off this was a very good book, although the way that our author weaved it together is a little different than most, and that was a good thing. We begin by meeting the main characters of this read, and some lessar ones as well that together will round out this entire story. You know there will be supernatural happenings as from the start you will meet, Charlene St John, as a small child, who knows a tragedy has happened before anyone is told of it. She is also in this story as an adult who has the singing voice of an Angel and will be used greatly to help mankind. You meet other characters. We have Mama G, a psychic, Dave Hampton, a popular news man, Dawson, a well known author, Dr. Tyler Michaels, a surgeon who is all about himself,the President of the USA and his family, Religious leaders, and Rae, a tender nurse who plays an important role in many lives. That is just to name some, but not all of the characters in this novel. Each one brings a slice into the picture and the lives and gifting of each one play an important role in the outcome of the world, be it good or evil.

It appears that a large dark mass is making its way towards earth, and this one is different than anyone has ever seen before. It seems to have a life of its own, with an evil purpose, that of destroying mankind. No one knows what to do, how to stop its destructive path, until those from the other side make themselves known to bring mankind into the unity of love and goodness. Now this is not an easy job as the darkness from the other side is also at work, swaying men's hearts to bring pain and suffering to each other. We witness death and accidents, earthquakes, and plane crashes, evil carrying bombs and the innocent slather, yet there is the glimmer of light, the essence of hope building in mankind. The war is on.

As I said I liked this book. I am very aware of the forces of good and evil that sweep across our world everyday. I liked the way author, John Edward, brought to life the good and evil.Truly, the deception of the evil with mankind was very well developed and showed how evil works with mankind to hurt and destroy. He showed the true deception of the darkness leading those by playing on their pain and hurts, needs and wants and nudging them to commit horror with the promise of a better tomorrow for themselves. They don't see the lie until it is too late.

On the flip side, Mr. Edward brought to life the battle that the forces of good must undertake to protect and try to pull mankind into the goodness that would make a difference for all, especially against the dark mass. He showed the battles they must undertake and the sacrifices that are needed to bring to pass the desired results that would benefit mankind .

This story is about good versus evil, darkness against light, hope against despair. It is a true look into the battle that is fought everyday, with very few knowing it is waging. Does the good win against the evil mass of darkness that will destroy the world, is mankind doomed to its own destruction because of their evil ways? The answer is for you to find out. Thank you, Mr. Edward, for a book that screams forth the truths that mankind so desperately needs to hear.Perhaps eyes will be open and more will think before acting. Very well done.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon September 10, 2012
Format: HardcoverVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a story of good versus evil set in today's real world, as well as the world inhabited by souls that have passed over from this world into the next.

I normally do not like books where the author starts off following many different people in different places and then throughout the book moves them closer and closer to each other until the final chapters when all the various subplots merge. This book is of that type, but the writing is so effective and the personalities so entertaining that I was able to look past my personal dislike for this technique.

I enjoyed this book and it made me think - two things that rarely come together in one novel. It is very well written and the plot well thought out. The author moves the characters at a fairly brisk pace through the plot and does not get bogged down in too many discussions of the nature of evil or the nature of good, or should I say God.

This book can be enjoyed by those of any religious affiliation, since the theme is more universal than specific to a singular belief structure.

I think the author has tapped into a level of universal consciousness in this novel which will appeal to most readers and will make this book a huge success.
VINE VOICEon September 1, 2012
Format: HardcoverVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is about the never ending battle between good and evil. I think that many of us populating the planet today have felt as if there has been a shift to the dark side. I know I have, Lying and cheating have become acceptable in a way that perplexes me. Rudeness abounds, as does flat out hatred and violence. Has it always been this way, and we just never realized before access to so much information on the internet? I sincerely don't think so.

I don't want to minimize the cruelties and ugliness that history tells us have occurred. Wars have always been a part of the human experience. The Holocaust, and what happened in North America where a land was ripped from the hands of the native people. Oh yes, evil has always been abundant wherever there were humans. It just seems to me that everyday evil has 'grown. It seems that empathy has diminished. This more than concernes me, it frightens me, more for my children's futures than my own.

This book portrays both a physical and metaphysical picture of the battle between good and evil. A battle fought here on the earthly plain as well as others. The forces of good and evil have made themselves more and more apparent to the characters and attempt to bring certain of them into the fight, to help tip the balance to their individual sides. It gives personality to some of the metaphysical players on each side.

This is a very good story. IT is a good story that is not as well told as it could be. I am a fan of this author, but more for his work as a medium than his work as a writer, I'm afraid. I have read every book he has written. The non-fiction books touched a chord with me that his fiction does not. So taken as a simple story, this leaves some things to be desired, There was no flow for me, it was choppy and somewhat clumsy as it went from one situation and character to the next. Characters that were presented as important, or even essential seemed to fade into the background.

So taken as just a book, a story to be told, I would say that this isn't worth the time it takes to read it. But there is more to it than that. If you take it as a snapshot of the the times, as a philosophical treatise, it takes on a new and different light. I believe that this author has a unique perspective on the times in which we live. I think he has used this perspective to try to remind us of the fact that it is up to us, each one of us, to make what difference we can. Each time we remember to do the right thing, to stay in the light, we make a difference. OF course it isn't easy, especially when se feel the dark and the negative looming so near, but each time we make the right choice, we push that darkness, that evil back. So this is much more than a simple book of fiction, and I had to add that into the many things to be considered when reviewing a book.

This is a good solid read, even if it is more due to the message than the story itself.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: HardcoverVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a spiritual person in general yet I had a real hard time finishing Fallen Masters. I think you need to be a fan of John Edward and his approach to the psychic realm in order to appreciate this work. When searching for words to describe the story line, melodramatic and cliché keep coming to mind. In short, the story was full of stereotypical characters and uninspiring concepts surrounding life and the afterlife. The pervasive and sophomoric messages centering on good vs. evil and man's gift of free choice were pretty repetitive after the first few hundred pages. By about page three hundred I started to feel preached at - the themes were that strong. I felt like "ok, ok I get it already."

There were other smaller details I was put off by as well. One main character, the President of the United States, was usually referred to POTUS. So instead of a person he was POTUS (always in caps of course). This resulted in sentences like "When POTUS finally realized..." or "when POTUS began to awake..." Then there was the strong willed black nurse with impeccable character who was always talking about her man "John" or "Johnny" - as in John Travolta - whom she had a big crush on. I'll admit these are small things, and perhaps the longer the book dragged out the less tolerant I became, but I found them annoying none the less.

Mr. Edward does have some interesting concepts and imagery sprinkled throughout the book, but they were lost in the nearly five hundred pages that is Fallen Masters. Perhaps if you are an avid fan of the type of television shows John Edwards is known for, or you have read and enjoyed some of his other books such as "Infinite Quest: Develop Your Psychic Intuition to Take Charge of Your Life", you might enjoy this book? But, as a standalone piece of fiction, I found it to be uninspiring.
VINE VOICEon August 20, 2012
Format: HardcoverVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A dark mass heads toward Earth. Astronomers are at a loss. They believe it is a form of dark matter, yet the gut reaction is that this 'cloud' is more than it seems. The Vatican calls for a counsel of religions where all major churches send representatives. No one knows what to do or how to stop the mass from coming.

Charlene St John, newly widowed, is a world famous singer that as a child experienced the supernatural. She is a good person and uses her voice to inspire the people of Earth. Once she discovers she has terminal cancer, she heads to Mexico to perform her last concert. While there, she seeks out the Lady of Guadalupe, said to be the Virgin Mary.

Mama G, world famous seer and psychic, is aware that something heads toward Earth carrying with it the possible destruction of humankind. She senses and 'sees' the oncoming evil attack, doing everything in her power to thwart the malevolence headed her way.

Dave Hampton, anchor of a television program, is picking up strange vibes from the dark cloud. He feels the oncoming shadow heralds the end though he does not know why he feels that way. He presents his opinion in an ongoing television series about the mass and what it means for humanity.

Tyler Michaels, a first-class surgeon, loses his wife and their unborn child while he operates on an accident victim. Filled with loss, in friendship he turns to Rae, a sympathetic nurse who has had her share of hardship. She feels the effects of the dark cloud and assists Tyler in opening up to the 'good' forces that surround them both.

Each person brings their own unique abilities (and guides) to fight the evil that is overpowering Earth. On the 'other side', dark forces gather. Their minions on Earth assassinate the President of the United States. POTUS dies and is taken to the 'other side' where he must choose his path for either good or evil. Shortly thereafter, the dark forces kidnap his son and take him to Los Angeles.

Good and evil combine in influencing the people of Earth. The Fallen Masters are those spirits that have done exceptional good during their lives on Earth. Each Fallen Master, paired with one human being, directs their human counterpart toward the good. Only a unique set of circumstances will gather them together to take down the evil forces that threaten humanity.

Kudos to Edward's for creating an epic novel that reminds us of the evil in the world today. While the writing was sometimes clunky, it was everything you might expect from a pre-apocalyptic book. I wondered, after-all, how could one not, seeing as to whom Edward's is, where he got his information. Times being what they are, it will make you look at the world a little differently. That I can promise you.

Disclaimer: Uncorrected Advanced Reading Copy
VINE VOICEon November 15, 2012
Format: HardcoverVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It takes the length of the book for the author to get to his point. The first 200 pages are a series of short chapters each dealing with a different character. By the time any character was mentioned again, I'd forgotten who they were and what their story was. Only when more than three pages were devoted to a particular character did I become invested in their story. It's not that it's not well written, it's just that it appears to be going nowhere chapter after chapter, page after page.

If you stick with it long enough you'll eventually figure out that this book is about evil forces on the other side who are trying to take over earth through their power over the living and the dead. Apparently, the good forces are too good to intervene. Or, maybe they're just too boring to know for sure what they are capable of. They pretty much stand back and allow the dead people to make up their own minds about which path to take even when they have no idea they are being lead down the evil path. Most of the chapters that have to deal with the other side are without emotion. It's difficult to tell if someone is good or evil until the author says so. In fact, the book does a good job of telling and a terrible job of showing. It may be an interesting story, but I didn't care about any of the characters or whether or not good triumphed over evil. All the characterization is flat. The story gets bogged down whenever it gets into religious dogma. It's apparent that the author is Catholic and manages to represent his Catholic beliefs in saints and religious miracles. Maybe my expectations were too hopeful that someone who sees dead people would be able to come up with a fascinating tale about them, but this entire book is 400 pages of waiting to get to the good stuff. There's too much content and not enough story.

The Fallen Masters are people who were masters at something in their lifetime, like a great writer, who can punch through the veil between the other side and the earthly realm. Don't get too thrilled because it's not all that exciting the way it's told. In fact, you have to get through 90% of the book before any of the teleporting happens. Anyway, these Masters can communicate with a living person through thoughts and vs. versa. Here's where it gets too far fetched because not a single living person meets a Fallen Master with anything but the utmost believability that a dead person could be standing in front of them and talking to them without actually talking to them. Nobody thinks they're crazy. Or, maybe it's just written that way. Once again, the author doesn't do well with emotion. And, what takes place in a story such as this should be packed full of the stuff.

In the end, a bunch of live people who each see dead people (the Fallen Masters), get together in Los Angeles and end up at the Academy Awards. This book falls flat from beginning to end. If the author was not a celebrity, no publisher would have touched this book. If I hadn't agreed to review it, I would not have read past the first chapter.
VINE VOICEon September 14, 2012
Format: HardcoverVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
John Edward is not a very good writer . . . but neither are a couple of my favorite authors, both of whom have sold numerous bestsellers. The secret to their success is not due to their craftsmanship with words, but due to the story they tell or the MESSAGE they convey. With "Fallen Masters" John succeeds in conveying the most important message of all: You always have a choice. Always.

Each of us, every one of us, is at war. There is a constant struggle inside each of us between Darkness and Light. Often, we must make a choice between them, and the choice is not always clear, nor is it always easy. Many good people sometimes do the wrong thing, and many evil people occasionally show compassion or kindness. Know that none of you is entirely good or evil. Many people are mostly good, but that balance can change over time - gradually or swiftly - due to choices made and acted upon. The same applies to people you see as bad . . . everyone has the opportunity to change. Not only is this conflict within yourself, but outside forces - many of them spiritual - are struggling to influence our thoughts, moods, and compulsions. It is not always easy to make the right choice. As a former student of Darkness, I can tell you that the opposite can also be true, as I have been prevented from making the wrong choice on several occasions in my checkered past due to coincidences and omens which were quite clearly spiritual in nature.

My entire life has been a study in Darkness. I was born to Darkness. When my astrological chart was read, my astrologer turned pale and told me a few things that were rather disturbing, but also told me that I had a few very positive qualities as well, but I digress. What I am trying to say is that, according to my chart, I should probably be an assassin or a cult leader . . . but I am just too nice. Okay, maybe I don't seem very nice (especially in rush hour traffic), but I always have genuinely wanted to be one of the good guys and do the right thing. The problem is, the good guys think I'm too scary and weird to be good; and the bad guys think I'm too honest and considerate to be evil; so I just do my own thing for the most part, and every now and then it seems like I'm in a position to do something helpful for someone, and it makes me feel nice to do that, and on rare occasions that random act of kindness can literally change someone's life, which in turn can potentially effect the lives of many others. I have seen it happen, and it is a truly beautiful thing.

You always have a choice. Sometimes you will be influenced by Dark or Light spirits in making that choice, and sometimes a powerful spirit will send you a clear message or even put obstacles in your path, but in the end the final choice is always yours alone. As I said, these choices are not always easy or clear, but each of us has free will.

John made a few good points in this book, and by seeing things from a different perspective a couple questions which had been troubling me were answered. Gaining another piece of the puzzle enabled me to have a clearer understanding of the nature of the relationship between Darkness and Light, and how those forces interact with us. Thank you, John.

I may have been born into Darkness, and I may be comfortable in the presence of Darkness, but that does not mean I need to be on that particular side, nor do I wish to be. I am a free agent with free will. As one of the most dangerous men I ever met once said, "It's nice to be nice," and I like being nice to people and being helpful more often than not, which I suppose is the polar opposite of being evil. Even though I'll never be mistaken for a good guy, I prefer to be good and choose to be good most of the time. Not about to give up my few vices anytime soon, though . . . they seem harmless enough, and I don't particularly care about getting into Heaven anyway.

This book conveys a very important message very well, without undue proselytizing which turns non-religious readers off. I liked the concept of a "Source" rather than god, as that just feels *right* to me, sort of like the Native American concept of a "Great Spirit" which I'd always felt comfortable with. There was a lot of good information scattered throughout this book. I am very glad this will be widely read. The world needs to hear this message now. I am not going to bother critiquing the story or John's writing style, but I do feel obligated to deduct a star for it (I am an English major after all). 4 well earned stars, although I wish I could've given it 5. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon August 8, 2012
Format: HardcoverVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have never read a book like this before. The book has a large cast of characters, Charlene StJohn a singer with the voice of an angel, Mama G an astrologist, Marcus Jackson president of the US,Tyler Michaels a doctor and many more from newcasters to the Pope. Many of them have experienced a loss in their lives. There are many diverse and interesting characters in this book that you become fond of as the book reveals the characters one by one. At this time there is a chance of a terminal event that could destroy the earth. Dark matter racing to the earth from space. There is a serial killer in Ireland cutting out peoples hearts and multiple plane crashes happening. There is a foreboding sense of evil. This book pulls you in and wont let go You will find yourself reading late into the night. This book will make you laugh and make you cry. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it.
on September 24, 2012
I haven't read any of Mr. Edwards' non-fiction, but I do know that he does not have the writing skills to pull off a good read in fiction. I liked his premise, but I could not develop any connection with the multitude of characters that populated his book. The characters were one-dimensional and wooden. The dialogue was stiff and unbelievable. Good try, but best to leave fiction to those writers who have the skill to make their stories come alive.
on September 26, 2012
I really like John Edward. I always enjoy seeing him, I've even been read by him. I love his non-fiction books about his life and work. But Fallen Masters is a literary disaster. Stilted style, poorly organized, one-dimensional characters: a preachy mess of a book written to appeal to the average reader of "Teen Beat." Edward is apparently so out-of-touch with the real world he believes an adult woman in a near future would refer to a good-looking doctor as a "dreamboat."

In fact, his characters all seem to resemble the denizens of 70s soap operas he loved, which is why it's hard to care what happens to any of them, including the servants of the Light. By the end you are beginning to hope the dark forces wipe out humanity and evolution gets to start again, hopefully creating a less vapid species.

But the poor writing, disorganization and tedious style of one simple declarative sentence after another are not as disappointing as his failure to grasp his own material or appreciate his own reputation and the impact his ideas will have on his many fans and followers.

Are we really to believe that a loving God will allow us to be waylaid at the gates to Heaven and possibly tricked into choosing Hell? Do we accept his premise that our individual prayers and sacrifices are worthless and we are at the mercy of the few chosen to be humanity's SWAT team against evil? It's bad enough he included the scientific element (about which he apparently understands almost nothing and certainly not the nature of dark matter) but Edward knows so little of the theology of the Church he was raised in, that gave him the Rosary he says he prays daily, and to which the Blessed Mother as Our Lady of Guadalupe came, that he thinks the Crucifixion was a victory for the evil side instead of the means by which our Lord conquered the darkness forever.

John Edward seems to think there's going to a be a huge proliferation of blue butterflies as his novel sweeps the nation and Hollywood comes begging for the film rights. I think he needs to get his ego in check and get back to some basics. Stay home for a year, catch up his private reading list and then give us a good non-fiction read about that.

As for Fallen Masters, a waste of time at best and a dangerous diminution of the power of personal holiness and value of the human soul at worst.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...