5.0 out of 5 stars If this book doesn't change your life, what will?
Published on June 6, 2012 by D. LEBLANC

2.0 out of 5 stars Fallen Superheroes Falls Flat
Published 21 months ago by Andrew Keyser

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If this book doesn't change your life, what will?, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
The Bible. War and Peace. The Sound and The Fury. None of these books have pictures in them, yet they've sold millions more copies than Fallen Superheroes. And that's the difference isn't it? This book has pictures, and good ones at that. Pictures that make you laugh, pictures that make you cry--but mostly because you aren't talented and now you're face to face with it. Don't fret! And honestly, where else will you find such an awesome collection of cleavage, leotards, and farm animals? Huh? Seriously, where? Because I'll buy that next.

5.0 out of 5 stars a 324-page mutant work-of-art, June 8, 2012
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
Here's the deal: I was a comic book kid. Truth told, I was an uber nerd who crawled up inside my imaginative head on a daily basis as I flipped the pages of anything/everything Marvel and DC supplied on a monthly basis. I don't admit that a lot these days because I aim for attention from the opposite sex on a daily basis and aspire to getting laid at least on a monthly basis. Suffice to say, talking comics and superheroes doesn't usually benefit that quest. Sure, motion pictures like The Avengers and Batman and Spiderman have made superheroes the talk of the town, but when the conversation strays from Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man and into Frank Miller's Daredevil, pretty eyes tend to glaze over and shapely legs clamp shut. Trust me, been there. Having said that, I will proudly display Fallen Superheroes on my coffee table -- forever. And that's the most honest endorsement I can give this 324-page mutant work-of-art. The creativity sprung from the collective minds of Eric Curtis, Scott Allen Perry, and Adam Mock is radioactive -- but in a good way. The trio has rewritten the rules of a genre I've been a fan of since I was a little kid, and that's a pretty amazing feat. I thought I saw it all, yet Fallen Superheroes takes me to new heights page after page after page. And if there's a villain in all this, it's all those collective souls that don't get it -- and I mean comprehend it and/or purchase it.

Uncanny work, gentlemen. When can we expect the sequel?

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, June 8, 2012
Cathy Thorsen "Possibilist" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
Absolutely hilarious! I saw this book at a friend's house, and now I want my own copy! The pictures themselves are priceless. The writing is icing on the cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars damn damn damn!, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
this book is so dope. the images are interesting and the writing is hilarious. i love the concept, superheroes that didn't quite have enough to make it. they are ignored like the rest of us amongst the likes of superman or wonder woman. it is a tale of the lost, the forgotten and the book provides a key into the very personal world that each 'hero' live in.

there are over 300 pages for under $30.00 and each page is unique, well shot and the back stories make me wish there were 300 more pages to delve through.

call 9-juan-juan next time you need saving.

i did.

5.0 out of 5 stars "High-larious" to quote one who knows!, June 8, 2012
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
Plain and simple, if you love to; laugh, and have your eyes teased with beautiful imagery, this is the book for you. I have enjoyed the work of these gifted men before and I hope to acquire any of their future works as well. The writing team of Mock and SAP once again tickles the funny bone and Eric's photography is remarkable. Get a copy NOW... you'll be glad you did!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Beyond Amazed Every Time I Open This Book, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
I can't say enough how amazing this book is. Eric curtis has done it again, and better than ever, with this Fallen Superheroes photography book. The photos are surreal and evoke many emotions with the turn of each page. The images are tastefully inspired Gregory Crewdson. And the last time I enjoyed reading captions this much was when Tim Burton exhibited at the MOCA. This is not your typical photography book. You won't be disappointed. I've had several friends order this book on their smartphones while reading my copy at my home. Also, this would make an amazing present for a guy or girl, any age really. Don't miss out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for someone who has everything, except me because I have it!, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
I laughed. I cried. It moved me.

The photos were stunning with tongue in cheek humor thrown in. The words on the pages went from the bizarre (may seem nonsensical but re-read and find the heart in it) to heart wrenching.

Classic humor from these men who have a great group of friends to share the passion for quirky fun. My favorites are the pics featuring Maya and Spiral. (The passing of the torch was especially touching)

I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw Doug with his BIG FEET!

I love this one and it is right next to My own... my precious... copy of Mime Very Own Book!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fallen Superheroes Falls Flat, April 27, 2013
Andrew Keyser (Seattle, Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
Every child has created their own superhero. Some have the ability to fly, others teleport, and some have super strength. Most kids would never dream of creating the superheroes found in Fallen Superheroes. Characters like Shock Mama, a woman locked away in an insane asylum for her agoraphobia, spending her days singing Patti LaBelle and Rebecca Black. There is also The American Angler, a hero more obsessed with fishing than with actually saving anyone's life.

There are two equal parts to this book, photography and captions. The photographs are superb. Each image tells a story on its own, and lends insight into the character it is portraying. It is obvious by glancing at a few pictures, Eric Curtis has an exceptional ability with a camera. It is a shame the same cannot be said of writers Scott Allen Perry and Adam Mock. Generally, captions on photographs serve to enhance the viewer's understanding of the picture. These captions, however, are rarely associated with the pictures they accompany. Most of the writing reads more like an inside joke between two friends than anything actually worth reading.

Overall this books seems like a fun idea, create heavily flawed superheroes and tell their story. Sadly the execution falls flat, making Fallen Superheroes a pass.

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word...AMAZING, June 26, 2012
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
"Fallen Superheroes" is one of the most ingenious publications I have ever had the honor of owning. The concept is absolutely brilliant and the photography is amazing. At first, I just flipped through the photographs and was in awe of the lighting, the colors and the concepts. Once I read the stories that went along with each of the superheroes, I was completely smitten with the book. One of the most unique, unconventional and incredible books I have ever read or seen. Bravo to Eric Curtis for bringing these fallen superheroes to life by providing the reader with a back story on what they were and how they got where they are through photos and narrative. If I could give it more than five stars, I would. BRILLIANT!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a delight!, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Fallen Superheroes (Paperback)
If you're in the mood to do something kind for yourself and/or anyone else, then having this book in your life is a must. I love this book. Like I love ice cream and ponies kind of love. The photographs are rich and beautiful. The quotes are funny and intelligent. Every time I open its pages something new is surprising me with delight. GREAT BOOK!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Fallen Superheroes
Fallen Superheroes by Scott Allen Perry (Paperback - May 2, 2012)
$29.99 $22.79