Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

• Quell
  • Customer Reviews

TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 10, 2012
Honestly, I wasn't very excited about this game reading the Product Description of it. I figured I'd try it because it's the FAOTD, but didn't expect to like it. I am now addicted and have been playing it on and off for a couple hours.

The tutorial to get you started is really helpful and the in game hints (which you can turn off through the options menu) are great to introduce you to new hazards and elements. When you hit "Play" it takes you to a bookshelf that is labeled with a year and three picture frames. Click on a picture frame and there's four levels to play. It's a unique way to set up the stage select. The levels are fun, they add new elements all the time that keeps it interesting. It also tells you the minimum number of moves you can beat it in, so you can go back to try to get a perfect score. There are achievements you can get for various things and you can earn coins to unlock hints. The graphics are crisp and the music is good (but I always turn music and sounds off anyway).

The details are what makes this game 5 stars. It would be a fun game no matter what, but the extras make all the difference. Even if it doesn't look like a fun game based on the description, give it a chance and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
0Comment|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2011
I am ready to review this app on my own accord, you will understand my wording in a moment.

First the game, beautiful, simple, elegant, and just the right amount of difficulty for a casual player. With only one annoyance keeping me from giving it the 5 stars it deserves : the developer.

Yes, that's right. I don't want to join / like your Facebook, I will rate the app when I'm good and ready, and I am looking forward to the next game / level pack (whatever it is), but I don't need the constant reminders.

Update 10/22/11: So I had to factory reset my phone and start the game over, and it's still asking me to review the game, which I already did! And I can't make it stop! Argh, update the game already and remove the annoyance.
33 comments|720 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2011
Developers should be aware that there's nothing more annoying to users than nagware. We pay money to avoid such annoyances, not to be bombarded by them.
22 comments|581 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2013
I did love this game but they have changed the game AFTER purchase so that it can't be played unless you have internet access. I bought both Quell and Quell Reflect when they could be played off line. Why change the way the game plays? I am so disappointed because I really did like these games but now they are worthless to me. I will not buy anything from Falling Tree Games again. I'm sure there are many others who would like to change their 5 star reviews because of this - I wonder what other things (permissions) they may change?
on January 17, 2013
Not all of us have internet connections all the time. That is when you need a game the most and this won't work.
on September 25, 2011
Edited my 3-star review after replay; apparently the update got rid of all but one of the nag screens, making the game much more playable. Without all those nag screens, this game is one of the best puzzlers for Android for aesthetics and challenge; and while the replay value isn't too high (once you understand the solutions it's not too tricky), I've replayed some levels a few times just because it's so nice to look at. Off to try Quell Reflect now and hope it's as good as the original (and has no nag screens!).
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 10, 2012
Seems like the manatees with their idea balls, you know the ones that amazon uses to pick the free app of the day... have struck gold! Awesome game, thank you! Just ONE MAJOR ISSUE though: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP NAGGING ME TO REVIEW YOUR APP. PLEASE STOP NAGGING ME TO LIKE YOU ON FACEBOOK! Just let me play this PAID FOR GAME! NAG screens, IF they are at ALL justified (and I personally do not think they are, but whatever, that;s just my opinion) should be for NON-PAID (free) apps if they are to be used at ALL... but on a PAID app? Unforgivable. SO, regrettably, I must take away a star because of this. This IS A 5 STAR GAME... the NAGGING makes it 4 stars. FIX THIS and I will change my review back to 5 stars.
on May 24, 2013
I only get FAOTD apps. And only ones with acceptable permissions which today seem to be few and far between anymore.

But there have been a bunch of apps lately that have acceptable permissions and change them after they are the FAOTD. Obviously I refuse to update but others need to be notified. Since I've now got a new phone, I'm going to lose the list of these offenders so I'm going through and doing it today.

This was one of my all-time favorite games. It really sucks to see this happen. The developers got greedy and destroyed it. They added the permission:

* Google Play Billing - View Network State... etc.

which also forces the game to be online to be played (or whatever they did to the game while adding this does that. either way... greed destroyed my all-time favorite time waster.) I actually had a tear... then uninstalled.
on July 28, 2012
Game is fun but why do I need to sign into Facebook to get solutions to a game. I deactivated my facebook account because I did not want it. This game gets a low rating because of this. If I need a solution to this game I should be able to get it without a Facebook Account.
on July 2, 2011
Awesome game, great music and beautiful smooth graphics. I love it! Great replay value and game gets quite complex and fun! Addicting and beautiful, if you like puzzles and relaxing zen type games you will love it. One of the best games on Android now! very impressed by the whole package. Looks amazing on my Galaxy S Captivate. Ultimate puzzler, highly recommend to everyone.
0Comment|183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse