5.0 out of 5 stars So perfect
This is a great product for people who have sensitive skin, but also for anyone who needs a facial sunscreen.

I got hooked on Face COTZ when I received a sample size of it with another purchase (garden hat).

Published on January 9, 2011 by pausa

3.0 out of 5 stars Changed
I have used this product for about 2 years now and loved it. Recently I bought a new bottle it had a different package but promised the same result. It defiantly is has more smooth but now I look like a ghost. I have this white film that doesn't rub off so well. I am going to try the Blue Lizard.
Published 15 months ago by S. Wright

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So perfect, January 9, 2011
This review is from: Fallene Face Cotz Water-Resistant Sun Protection UVA/UVB SPF 40, 1.5-Ounce Tube (Health and Beauty)

The sunscreen does not come out like most other sunscreens - which have the consistency of cosmetic moisturizer/face cream, more liquidy and slightly greasy/oily. Instead, it is a thick but light, silky white substance. When you rub a small amount into your skin, it disappears entirely - not just in color, but it makes no visible change in the skin surface. But what I love is that when you put it over your entire face, it makes the skin so smooth, silky, pleasurable to the touch. Again, it doesn't change the skin visibly at all - once you rub it in, you look just like you did before you put it on. But the skin surface is smoother, and you can feel it with your fingers, though you can't "feel" it on your skin (like you can when something is sitting on the skin, clogging your pores, etc.)

I have problems with anything I put on my face making my skin turn bright red and painful. Good old sensitive skin. I've tried dozens of products, including ones that are marketed for sensitive skin, and have the same problem.
(You'd be surprised how many "sensitive skin" products are out there loaded with parabens and other known skin irritants. How any company thinks that the label "sensitive skin" is applicable to a product containing those ingredients, I don't know, but apparently they basically market the same products with differing labels just to squeeze profit out of as many subsets of the market as possible. Anyway...)

I've finally found a few good old standbys, and Face COTZ is one of them. I can put it on alone or I can put it on under my makeup (something else my skin is extremely picky about). It makes no difference whatsoever, except that my skin is protected from sunburn. And it lasts much longer than the SPF 15 that most facial products carry. Usually, anything with a high SPF is more likely to irritate your skin, but not with COTZ.

Also, since getting introduced to Face COTZ, I've given up on moisturizers. The COTZ is enough. This will differ depending on your particular body chemistry, but I mainly needed a moisturizer for the sun protection, and every other facial sunscreens just made my face feel greasy, made me sweat just sitting at my desk, and made my skin break out - whereas moisturizers are a bit better on that score. But the COTZ is even better than those. I don't have oily/greasy issues at all now. It doesn't block my pores and make me sweat. It just rubs in and protects my skin from the sun. Absolutely perfect.

People with sensitive skin will definitely appreciate the COTZ line of products, but I feel that even those with normal skin will fall in love with them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this stuff!, August 1, 2010
I really like the Cotz water-resistant sunblock fo the face. It does give a nice matte finish just like stated, that I really love. It is water-proof and sweat-proof. I use Retin-A and have always had very porcelain skin. But even though I wore sunscreen and a visor, I was getting blotchy brown patches on my lower cheeks this summer. I started using this product and, with continued use of the Retin-A, the brown patches are sloughing away and not coming back. This summer, I've been using it in place of base makeup, then using a little powder and blush to counter the whiteness. That's worked well. I thought I'd only use it in the summer, but will probably use it year round now. I've always used some kind of sunscreen on my face year round since my early 20s, and at 45 I find my skin looks better than most. I was also worried I would use this up too fast, given the price, but I've been using the one tube for a month and still have plenty left, so it goes far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sun protection!, May 9, 2010
I have a fair complexion and sun sensitive skin. Recently, my job required me to work outside for extended hours. I purchased sun protection at a local drugstore (supposedly 110 SPF), which didn't work and I saw sun damage. After doing some internet research and consulting dermatologists, I decided to try Fallene Face Cotz - SPF 40. What a relief to find out that this product actually works and no sunburn or sun damage on my face. Face Cotz glides on smoothly, no greasy feel whatsoever. There is a slight white residue, but not terribly noticeable. I highly recommend this product and will be ordering more.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent Sun Screen, February 19, 2012
Gael Hunt (Forest Knolls, CA United States) - See all my reviews
COTZ Waterproof Sun Screen for Face is excellent.It is perfect for sensitive skin and includes zinc. Easy to apply, creamy, dissolves without a trace. Small tube goes a long way. Great to put in your pocket or purse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I can find, April 27, 2012
I have very pale, easily burnt skin, and for some reason, nature thought it would be funny to make me extremely sensitive to most sunscreens.
I have a bad allergy to avobenzone, so I cannot use most cosmetic and facial products with spf.
I heard about this from my uncle, and decided to give it a try.

One thing I love is the consistency, extremely smooth and silky to put on, almost dissolves onto your face. Leaves matte finish, no oily shine.
Seems to have pretty good protection, I use it on a daily basis, but I haven't tested it on a hard-core sunny beach day yet.
Sometimes, it does make my skin look a bit weird, emphasizing purple-red tones. It also tends to emphasizes any flakey-ness or facial dryness.
If i leave it on for too long it does start to irritate my face a bit. So I usually wash it off once I get home from school or work.
But I think I just have REALLY sensitive skin. Plus, this sunscreen is doing a heck of a lot better than anything else I've used (even drugstore "sensitive face" sunscreens turn me red and itchy)
So although this can be occasionally mildly irritating to my super sensitive skin, it is literally the only sunscreen I would use on my face.

I've also been using BB cream with spf, and somehow that hasn't bothered my skin at all (main spf ingredients in the one I use are zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate).
So ladies who want sensitive protection and a bit of coverage might want to look into that.
But most bb creams come in lower spf (15-25), so I double up with this and I'm extra protected!

I would definitely recommend this, especially if you have kids. I remember dreading putting sunscreen on my face when I was younger because it was so greasy and felt horrible. But it feels like you have nothing on when wearing this! Not greasy in the slightest. I don't think i would have fussed as much if my mom put this on my face haha.
I am also acne prone , and this did not cause me to break out.

Biggest con is the price, but you get what you pay for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a non-greasy sunscreen, June 25, 2012
I could not be happier with this sunscreen. I have very oily, acne-prone skin. This sunscreen does not make me break out or feel greasy. It is perfect for my skin. (If you have very dry skin, you'll definately need to use a moisturizer.) It will leave a white cast if you use too much, but once you know how much to use, your skin will drink it up. My skin feels much softer, and the texture has improved as well. It seems to last all day on a typical day. If I'm sweating a lot or swimming, I usually reapply one time. If you have oily, acne-prone skin, this might just be the sun protection you've been looking for...

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I tried this, July 18, 2011
Amazon Customer (Torrance, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I need some super sun protection for the summer when I'm out playing tennis. I just tried this yesterday and one thing I can say is I just love the texture. It's so silky when it goes on, no greasy, oily feeling. It's dry and sheer and feels just a little bit powdery afterwards, just like face powder. Makeup goes on smoothly over it. I'll need to use it more to determine how it works as a sunscreen, but for now I'm so happy not to have a greasy mess on my face anymore from other sunscreens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sunscreen I have used, July 9, 2011
Recommended by Dermatologist, had all types of skin cancer from basil cell to melanoma, this is solid sun protection, apply once a day, and feels more like a lotion and not a sunscreen, switched from blue lizard to this and happy with the results and the way it feels on my skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes. I will b u y this again!, July 2, 2014
Wonderful product. Light, matte, excellent coverage. Kept me from burning even in the Florida sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving The CoTZ Face Sunscreen, July 1, 2014
Désirée (World Wide Web) - See all my reviews
I love this sunscreen, it's a mineral sunscreen that blends to a sheer matte finish. I started using this a few weeks ago, and it has prevented my face from getting darker from the sun. As the rest of my body got darker, my face didn't tan that much. I just brought the Cotz for the body, so now I'm using both products. This sunscreen has a tint to it, but it blends down to a translucent finish. My face has pretty glow after I use it. I like it a lot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›