5.0 out of 5 stars Tetris is Back
Published on April 19, 2012 by Steven G. Small

2.0 out of 5 stars not too happy with this game
This is Tetris with a few slight differences. I'm not happy with the game because the Kindle graphics are too slow for a game where pieces usually move quickly.

Published on May 26, 2012 by Jonathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Tetris is Back, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
There is a reason that Tetris was so popular---it is addicting and fun and hard to stop playing. I was so glad to see this on the Kindle. I'm often waiting at various places (airports, doctor's offices, etc.) and it is great to take a break from reading a book and play a little Falling Blocks. I'm not that in to games, and as a casual player, I often find they take too much time to get to the point where I can enjoy playing---but I've really been having fun with this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars not too happy with this game, May 26, 2012
Jonathan (Brookline, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)

Think of a regular Tetris game but where you have to wait....when....rotating....a...block...or...auto-dropping...a...block...into...place. The game plays like the last sentence reads. So skip this game and get something else which is more 'thought' and less 'action'. Or buy an iPod Touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
Finally, a Tetris-like game for the Kindle! Falling Blocks is a lot of fun and I like the two different game options. Free Play is like regular Tetris and Puzzle Play is a challenging game where you have to clear the blocks using a limited amount of pieces. This is a great game and I highly recommend it to fans of puzzle games.

3.0 out of 5 stars Freezes my Kindle every 3rd game, April 29, 2012
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
I love playing Tetris, so I thought I would love this game too. In fact, I do like this game quite a bit but it continues to lock up my Kindle ("freeze" it if you prefer) approximately every 3rd game/level. It's obnoxious and if it continues, I will remove it from my device.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for -, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
At first it works just fine, program boots up and is entertaining. But after multiple uses, it appears the program deteriorates and suffers delays in operation.
Save your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Falling Blocks, July 23, 2012
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
This game is okay but not great. There are some problems with the software. For example, sometimes a falling block will "freeze" in the middle of the kindle screen. Another problem is ghosting, where very faint blocks appear on the screen that are not part of the game being played. A third problem possibly more related to the kindle than the game is that as the game progresses to higher levels and the blocks are falling faster, the kindle's screen cannot keep up with the rate the blocks are falling. This limits how far a player can progress in the game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, July 9, 2012
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
The game is easy to play but rather difficult in black and white. Perhaps on one of the color Kindles it would be more exciting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unresponsive, May 12, 2012
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
I like this game. Tetris is one of my favorites. BUT when the game speeds up I have had more than one occassion where I can't get a falling block to move left. It is difficult to recover from this at a higher speed. If I didn't have this problem I would give it 5 stars. But when this occurs it wrecks your game and is quite frustrating. I will probably archive this game and just bring it out when I am really, really bored

5.0 out of 5 stars I find this in my mind when falling asleep, March 21, 2013
Stephanie M. O'Rourke (South Hero, Vermont, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
Great for finger dexterity with my arthritic fingers. However, I find my mind watching falling figures and sometimes they go up instead of down.

3.0 out of 5 stars response is somewhat slow when trying to manipulate blocks., March 14, 2013
This review is from: Falling Blocks (Kindle Edition)
Response is somewhat slow when trying to manipulate blocks on my kindle. Otherwise fun game. I like playing it and do so most days.

Falling Blocks