on October 14, 2012
ARC (advanced reader copy)

The first chapter is both heartwarming and painful, and immediately sucks you into Sarah and her little gem, Kylee's lives. We meet Ethan, a true friend who has been Sarah's stronghold before and after tragedy strikes.

One night, and one hellluva kiss, takes Sarah and Ethan's friendship to a whole new level, but guilty feelings and fear of ruining their longstanding friendship have Sarah and Ethan in a tug-of-war with their emotions. Sudden bitterness befalls Sarah and she finds herself jumping down Ethan's throat after a run in with Ethan's flavor-of-the-month girlfriend, something Sarah has never done before.

As the heat turns up between Sarah and Ethan, both try to deny their true feelings, and let guilt interfere. But fire always burns hotter, and when you add one creepy arsed, crazy as #!$# madman, who wants to do sick and terrible things to Sarah, and steal her life away, you stop at nothing to save the one you love.

Ethan vows to protect Sarah and Kylee, which only adds fire to the flames of passion.
I loved Ethan immediately! What a fantastical man he is. Not that his good looks and hot bod have anything to do with it. And then we have Sarah, who you can't help but love along with Kylee, her little Gem. I just can't get enough of The Bodyguards of L.A.! This is one hot new series Romantic suspense junkies cannot pass up! And there's a third book coming soon! Gotta have them all!
on October 13, 2012
An emotional journey from friendship to true love. Sarah's husband Jake was killed in Afghanistan while his best friend Ethan took his place in the delivery room. The day Sarah brought baby Kylee home, she learned about Jake's death. Fortunately Ethan was on hand to comfort her.

A rapist with a fetish for blonde women stalks Sarah. Ethan must fight his growing feelings for Sarah while protecting her from an unknown enemy.

What I liked about this book was the push and pull of their relationship as it changed from platonic friendship to romantic love. They teetered between unable to resist to unwilling to risk losing their comfortable friendship.

Ethan's scene holding Kylee while viewing the ultrasounds was the most tender and touching moment. I just knew he would never play favoritism for his own baby above Kylee. To me, a man with a big heart is worth more than all the money and talent in the world. And Ethan is my type of hero, worried about his own ability to give Sarah a happy family, while wanting so desperately to have her in his life.

Note: I received an ARC from the author for an honest review.
on February 16, 2013
Before we begin I have to tell you I needed tissues before the end of the first chapter. So Sarah is a widow who has survived losing her husband and is doing it with a great support network of friends. Her world starts to shift and change with a kiss from her best friend, the man who has been through it all with her these last 4 years. Ethan was there through her pregnancy while her husband was over in the Sandbox, he was there during delivery and cut the cord for her husband Jake while he watched via transmission. He was there when the CACO officers brought her the news of her husband's death the day she brought the baby home. Ethan has been there for her during the next three years too, after all she's his good friend, they've been through hell together, until a string of cheese came their way.

Sarah is resilient, she picks herself up and puts her life back together, one step at a time, moving forward and it helps that she has friends to help her. When a wedding and Ethan's current girl of the month put her out of sorts and Ethan kisses her in the moonlight things start to change. Sarah isn't sure about taking the next step with Ethan but she is willing to try when she attracts the attention of a madman. Women all around in the area where Sarah lives have been getting raped and the calling card he leaves is blue poker chip at the scene. Soon after Blue roses are left on Sarah's doorstep. As time goes by the rapes are escalating becoming more violent and each time roses are left there is one more than the last time. Sarah is willing to put herself in Ethan's hand with his bodyguard business to keep her and her daughter safe. But will she be able to protect her heart when things go south between her and Ethan especially with a madman getting closer to her all the time. She is brave and calm when things get really crazy and her life is in danger. I canna say anything more because of spoilers, sorry.

Ethan has been with Sarah to hell and back and he'll always be there for whatever she needs until one day when he falls in love with her. Now he has to fight himself and his perceived concepts on what he is capable of based on his family life as a child. He feels friendship is all he can offer Sarah until they kiss and he feels her respond. He is willing to see where they can go together but his insecurity and visions of his parents marriage rocks the boat. Added to that a madman is stalking Sarah and he does everything he can to keep her safe. But when an opportunity presents itself after a chance meeting with his father at the airport, for him to back off and get some perspective he takes it, but will he lose Sarah too? I like Ethan, he makes mistakes but he does his best to fix them and move forward. He's willing to admit he makes mistakes and that earns him a lot of points in my book. It warms my heart how much he cares for not just Sarah but Kylee, of course it doesn't hurt that Cate has given me a mental picture of Ethan as a dream of a man.

This is the second book in a series but you don't need to read them in order , always a plus but after reading it I guarantee you'll want to go out and pick up the rest of the series. I know I do and I will. I like the cover , the cover has a blue tint which works with the fact that the madman leaves blue chips and blue roses and the Hollywood sign shows not only where it is set but Sarah is the photographer to the stars. Cate does a wonderful job with our madman Zeke, taking him from a serial rapist to him escalating into a murdering rapist and a total psychopath . Her descriptions of several secondary characters help build the story, making some people likeable and you can see the kindness in them. Then others you can tell are not very nice people, some more so than others, so she does a great job character building. She was able to make me feel like I was at the beach, at Ethan's home romping with his dogs, scared out of my mind as Sarah is faced with death and all the warm fuzzies that go along with falling in love. Cate Beauman can spin a wonderful tale of suspense, emotional angst, anger ,fear and passion; passion for life and love's passion.
on November 14, 2012
4.5 Stars

Sarah Johnson was introduced to us in Morgan's Hunter, Ms. Beauman's first novel in this series. I have to admit, Sarah found a place in my heart as well.
Hunter Phillips , Ethan Cooke and Jake Johnson have been friends since childhood. They are brothers in every sense of the word. When Jake is killed, and Hunter wounded in Afghanistan it is a devastating event for Sarah , and Ethan as well. Sarah had just arrived home from the hospital after giving birth to Jake's baby girl. Jake was able to watch Sarah give birth, aided by Ethan, on a live video feed. He was killed the next day.
Hunter and Ethan now make it their goal to help and protect Sarah, and Kylee with their lives if necessary.
The story picks up three years later. Sarah is a now the photographer sought by the stars in Hollywood. Kylee is an adorable toddler, who loves her uncles , and they love to spoil her . Unfortunately with Hollywood notoriety comes danger. Terror and murder battle with Sarah and Ethan's chance at love.
This story moved me in so many ways. I cried and laughed, gasped, and at times wanted to smack Sarah and Ethan in the head!! There are so many different kinds of love written into this novel, and some heartbreaking denial of this love. Kylee reigned supreme. She is adorable, and so much a part of the story.
This wonderful novel has something for everyone. I highly recommend it. I am so looking forward to the third installment Hailey's Truth.
This novel was given to me for an honest review.
on December 2, 2012
With the second title in this series, Cate Beauman improves on her first offering and leaves the reader wanting more!

This story was believable and intriguing. I loved the characters and the suspense kept me up at night! The previous, and later, novels in the series add back story and character development, but each novel stands alone as a complete love story between one man and one woman.

I can't wait to keep reading the series!
on July 21, 2013
Falling for Sarah is a pretty good romance thriller by Cate Beauman but I can only give it 3 of 5 stars. It's well-written, suspenseful, believable and romantic.... but there was something about the main characters' relationship (Sarah and Ethan) that just didn't sit well with me. It's just my own personal preference for romance novels but there relationship just seemed awkward -to me and I couldn't quite connect with them. The "thriller" part of the book is well-conceived and interesting but I give this Beauman book just an "okay."
on February 24, 2014
Falling For Sarah was well written and should have rated higher for me. I love romantic suspense, damsels in distress, and capable, protective hotties... I also don't mind a dash of soap opera dramatics with my stories. That being said, this book had way too much back and forth, hot and cold for me to fully enjoy. The main characters couldn't make up their mind if they wanted to be together or not. A little bit of that is fine, the whole book? Not so much

The story was well written and as I mentioned, this could have been a four star read but I just didn't like all the uncertainty between the H and the h. That being said, this was my first book by Cate Beauman and I think the seriers has potential. I'd definitely read more in the seriers, would just hope for a different story line. The series is sequential but each books works fine as a stand-alone. A 3.5 STAR READ.

Just a note: I purchased this book on sale but it is available as a free monthly borrow for Amazon Prime Members at the time this review was written
on September 22, 2014
Friends for many years, Ethan and Sarah have developed a unique bond. He was present at the birth of her daughter while her husband was on a mission. He was present when she received the news of her husband's death. This could have been a fantastic story about how platonic love becomes something more.

Instead we have a series of back and forth scenes where he declares his love and she rejects it. Where she accepts him and then he has a too stupid to live hissy fit and dumps her. Then they are back on and he goes overseas for a MONTH to check on his international offices. He doesn't contact her once during this time AND leaves the country while she is being targeted by a serial killer. The ultimate reason he comes around would make most women ask a serious question. "Why now? Without giving anything away, it is interesting that Sarah doesn't' demand to know his motivation. Once he has confessed his undying love, he is immediately irritated that Sarah doesn't fall back in line. In the morning she says she needs more time and in the afternoon she is dreaming of their life together.

Both of them became rather obnoxious. It was definitely a bad start to their romance. Luckily, Ethan was rich and was able to smooth the waters with tons of cash. For a super super male, he let him emotions, especially anger, get in the way of keeping Sarah safe. Overall, this was a good book that was somewhat spoiled by the immature behavior of our two leading characters.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 14, 2013
Ethan was the one in the delivery room with Sarah. He was also there with her when the Marines brought the most dreaded news of any military personnel's family - Jake had died in Afghanistan. Ethan makes a promise to Sarah that day to be there for her till the time she needed him. Their friendship quietly changes into platonic love and then to something more. Both Sarah and Ethan felt guilty about their relationship and felt as if they were like dishonoring Jake's memory. But when a crazy psychopath starts stalking Sarah, and push comes to pull, they end up where they were meant to be all along - in each other's arms.

The book had me from the word go. The very first chapter has, Sarah coming home with Kylee - very heartwarming moment that puts a smile on your face. Then Ethan trying to change Kylee's diaper - hilarious and then came the news about Jake that will make you sad. Such a wide range of feelings in the very first chapter! I was hooked. Then following Ethan and Sarah's journey to finding each other is such a satisfying experience too. Plus add and cute cuddly Kylee into the mix - how can one not like it?

Cate's style of writing is simple and inviting. There's such a smooth flow in the story without a single dull moment. This one book will make you laugh, cry, panic and frustrated - all in one. But by the time you are done with it, you are bound to have a satisfied smile on your face. This was so my kind of romance!
on January 4, 2013
This is the first book I've read by thus author. Great friendship turned into love story. Didn't care for the constant emotional roller coaster Ethan kept up. I thought it was a little too much.