5.0 out of 5 stars Hottttest new series for Romance junkies!
ARC (advanced reader copy)

The first chapter is both heartwarming and painful, and immediately sucks you into Sarah and her little gem, Kylee's lives. We meet Ethan, a true friend who has been Sarah's stronghold before and after tragedy strikes.

Published 22 months ago by Hammy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but Morgan's Hunter is better...
Published 13 months ago by S. Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Hottttest new series for Romance junkies!, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Falling For Sarah: Book Two In The Bodyguards Of L.A. County Series (Kindle Edition)
ARC (advanced reader copy)

One night, and one hellluva kiss, takes Sarah and Ethan's friendship to a whole new level, but guilty feelings and fear of ruining their longstanding friendship have Sarah and Ethan in a tug-of-war with their emotions. Sudden bitterness befalls Sarah and she finds herself jumping down Ethan's throat after a run in with Ethan's flavor-of-the-month girlfriend, something Sarah has never done before.

As the heat turns up between Sarah and Ethan, both try to deny their true feelings, and let guilt interfere. But fire always burns hotter, and when you add one creepy arsed, crazy as #!$# madman, who wants to do sick and terrible things to Sarah, and steal her life away, you stop at nothing to save the one you love.

Ethan vows to protect Sarah and Kylee, which only adds fire to the flames of passion.
I loved Ethan immediately! What a fantastical man he is. Not that his good looks and hot bod have anything to do with it. And then we have Sarah, who you can't help but love along with Kylee, her little Gem. I just can't get enough of The Bodyguards of L.A.! This is one hot new series Romantic suspense junkies cannot pass up! And there's a third book coming soon! Gotta have them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Emotional Journey, October 13, 2012
An emotional journey from friendship to true love. Sarah's husband Jake was killed in Afghanistan while his best friend Ethan took his place in the delivery room. The day Sarah brought baby Kylee home, she learned about Jake's death. Fortunately Ethan was on hand to comfort her.

A rapist with a fetish for blonde women stalks Sarah. Ethan must fight his growing feelings for Sarah while protecting her from an unknown enemy.

What I liked about this book was the push and pull of their relationship as it changed from platonic friendship to romantic love. They teetered between unable to resist to unwilling to risk losing their comfortable friendship.

Ethan's scene holding Kylee while viewing the ultrasounds was the most tender and touching moment. I just knew he would never play favoritism for his own baby above Kylee. To me, a man with a big heart is worth more than all the money and talent in the world. And Ethan is my type of hero, worried about his own ability to give Sarah a happy family, while wanting so desperately to have her in his life.

Note: I received an ARC from the author for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely LOVED this novel!, December 2, 2012
With the second title in this series, Cate Beauman improves on her first offering and leaves the reader wanting more!

This story was believable and intriguing. I loved the characters and the suspense kept me up at night! The previous, and later, novels in the series add back story and character development, but each novel stands alone as a complete love story between one man and one woman.

I can't wait to keep reading the series!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sarah's Bodyguard, November 14, 2012
Pat Fordyce (NorthCarolina USA) - See all my reviews
4.5 Stars

Sarah Johnson was introduced to us in Morgan's Hunter, Ms. Beauman's first novel in this series. I have to admit, Sarah found a place in my heart as well.
Hunter Phillips , Ethan Cooke and Jake Johnson have been friends since childhood. They are brothers in every sense of the word. When Jake is killed, and Hunter wounded in Afghanistan it is a devastating event for Sarah , and Ethan as well. Sarah had just arrived home from the hospital after giving birth to Jake's baby girl. Jake was able to watch Sarah give birth, aided by Ethan, on a live video feed. He was killed the next day.
Hunter and Ethan now make it their goal to help and protect Sarah, and Kylee with their lives if necessary.
The story picks up three years later. Sarah is a now the photographer sought by the stars in Hollywood. Kylee is an adorable toddler, who loves her uncles , and they love to spoil her . Unfortunately with Hollywood notoriety comes danger. Terror and murder battle with Sarah and Ethan's chance at love.
This story moved me in so many ways. I cried and laughed, gasped, and at times wanted to smack Sarah and Ethan in the head!! There are so many different kinds of love written into this novel, and some heartbreaking denial of this love. Kylee reigned supreme. She is adorable, and so much a part of the story.
This wonderful novel has something for everyone. I highly recommend it. I am so looking forward to the third installment Hailey's Truth.
This novel was given to me for an honest review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but Morgan's Hunter is better..., July 21, 2013
Falling for Sarah is a pretty good romance thriller by Cate Beauman but I can only give it 3 of 5 stars. It's well-written, suspenseful, believable and romantic.... but there was something about the main characters' relationship (Sarah and Ethan) that just didn't sit well with me. It's just my own personal preference for romance novels but there relationship just seemed awkward -to me and I couldn't quite connect with them. The "thriller" part of the book is well-conceived and interesting but I give this Beauman book just an "okay."

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on this awesome book:, February 16, 2013
Before we begin I have to tell you I needed tissues before the end of the first chapter. So Sarah is a widow who has survived losing her husband and is doing it with a great support network of friends. Her world starts to shift and change with a kiss from her best friend, the man who has been through it all with her these last 4 years. Ethan was there through her pregnancy while her husband was over in the Sandbox, he was there during delivery and cut the cord for her husband Jake while he watched via transmission. He was there when the CACO officers brought her the news of her husband's death the day she brought the baby home. Ethan has been there for her during the next three years too, after all she's his good friend, they've been through hell together, until a string of cheese came their way.

Sarah is resilient, she picks herself up and puts her life back together, one step at a time, moving forward and it helps that she has friends to help her. When a wedding and Ethan's current girl of the month put her out of sorts and Ethan kisses her in the moonlight things start to change. Sarah isn't sure about taking the next step with Ethan but she is willing to try when she attracts the attention of a madman. Women all around in the area where Sarah lives have been getting raped and the calling card he leaves is blue poker chip at the scene. Soon after Blue roses are left on Sarah's doorstep. As time goes by the rapes are escalating becoming more violent and each time roses are left there is one more than the last time. Sarah is willing to put herself in Ethan's hand with his bodyguard business to keep her and her daughter safe. But will she be able to protect her heart when things go south between her and Ethan especially with a madman getting closer to her all the time. She is brave and calm when things get really crazy and her life is in danger. I canna say anything more because of spoilers, sorry.

Ethan has been with Sarah to hell and back and he'll always be there for whatever she needs until one day when he falls in love with her. Now he has to fight himself and his perceived concepts on what he is capable of based on his family life as a child. He feels friendship is all he can offer Sarah until they kiss and he feels her respond. He is willing to see where they can go together but his insecurity and visions of his parents marriage rocks the boat. Added to that a madman is stalking Sarah and he does everything he can to keep her safe. But when an opportunity presents itself after a chance meeting with his father at the airport, for him to back off and get some perspective he takes it, but will he lose Sarah too? I like Ethan, he makes mistakes but he does his best to fix them and move forward. He's willing to admit he makes mistakes and that earns him a lot of points in my book. It warms my heart how much he cares for not just Sarah but Kylee, of course it doesn't hurt that Cate has given me a mental picture of Ethan as a dream of a man.

This is the second book in a series but you don't need to read them in order , always a plus but after reading it I guarantee you'll want to go out and pick up the rest of the series. I know I do and I will. I like the cover , the cover has a blue tint which works with the fact that the madman leaves blue chips and blue roses and the Hollywood sign shows not only where it is set but Sarah is the photographer to the stars. Cate does a wonderful job with our madman Zeke, taking him from a serial rapist to him escalating into a murdering rapist and a total psychopath . Her descriptions of several secondary characters help build the story, making some people likeable and you can see the kindness in them. Then others you can tell are not very nice people, some more so than others, so she does a great job character building. She was able to make me feel like I was at the beach, at Ethan's home romping with his dogs, scared out of my mind as Sarah is faced with death and all the warm fuzzies that go along with falling in love. Cate Beauman can spin a wonderful tale of suspense, emotional angst, anger ,fear and passion; passion for life and love's passion.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great series, July 15, 2013
I carried this book with me everywhere I went ....once I started reading it I couldnt put it down, couldnt wait to read Book 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 11, 2013
There are so many words that come to mind after reading this...WOW, AMAZING, WHOLLY BOOGERS!
Cate Beauman has totally found a follower in me. Her writing and characters are supreme.

This story although starting kinda sad with Jake's death, goes zero to sixty from there. A creepy, insane , psycho thrown in with HOT manly men always make for an awesome ride.

Ethan is definitely my favorite character. Aside from being this hottie with muscles (and money...lol), he's bound by love and honor. That says a lot about a man. He picks up the pieces and then some, grant you he can be a totally dummy at times....he is a guy.

As for dear sweet Sarah, once she worked through all her issues she turn out to be one pretty cool chick. Although, at times I wanted to smack her upside the head for various reasons...if only she would stop over thinking things...LOL

Ms. Beauman did an excellent job with Ethan and Sarah as a couple/non-couple...you'd almost believe it in reality!

The VERY SCARY PART......
BLUE ROSES!!!
Serious, after reading this I don't want to see a blue rose ever!!
Zeke is just one flipping NUT CASE!
I was following along really good and then bam...he goes and changes things up on you. I mean really and no it's not his fault he changes...oh no...it's all Sarah's. She's the one...CREEPY!
A sick craving...but the man has to practice before he gets to her. One woman after another after another.....

For a story that at first glace you would think it just cut and dry....you'd be passing once heck of a read up.
This story has love, murder, a PSYCHO and more turns then you can handle!

Publisher Provided Copy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Friends make the Best Lovers!, January 20, 2013
This novel grasped my attention from the first paragraph, and never let it go till the very last page. This is my first novel written by this author, and I know I will purchase the other 2 books in the series. I hope that they are as great as this one was. My only disapointment was when I did a search on the Author and realized that she only had 2 other novels published; I was hoping to find 10 or 20 books to enjoy, but oh well; keep writing Ms Beauman and I will keep buying.

The story was great and spoke of how a best friend relationship can grow into so much more. I fell in love with the charactor Ethan, and found myself wishing that I was Sarah. He ends up protecting her from a rapist and murderer that is stalking her. So the novel does have suspense to go along with the romance which is my favorite type of novel. I would reccomend this book to anyone who enjoys romance and suspense. Pick it up and read it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, January 14, 2013
b00k r3vi3ws (Hyderabad, India) - See all my reviews
Ethan was the one in the delivery room with Sarah. He was also there with her when the Marines brought the most dreaded news of any military personnel's family - Jake had died in Afghanistan. Ethan makes a promise to Sarah that day to be there for her till the time she needed him. Their friendship quietly changes into platonic love and then to something more. Both Sarah and Ethan felt guilty about their relationship and felt as if they were like dishonoring Jake's memory. But when a crazy psychopath starts stalking Sarah, and push comes to pull, they end up where they were meant to be all along - in each other's arms.

The book had me from the word go. The very first chapter has, Sarah coming home with Kylee - very heartwarming moment that puts a smile on your face. Then Ethan trying to change Kylee's diaper - hilarious and then came the news about Jake that will make you sad. Such a wide range of feelings in the very first chapter! I was hooked. Then following Ethan and Sarah's journey to finding each other is such a satisfying experience too. Plus add and cute cuddly Kylee into the mix - how can one not like it?

Cate's style of writing is simple and inviting. There's such a smooth flow in the story without a single dull moment. This one book will make you laugh, cry, panic and frustrated - all in one. But by the time you are done with it, you are bound to have a satisfied smile on your face. This was so my kind of romance!

Rate and Discover Movies