4.0 out of 5 stars Should She Forgive His Lies????
This story had me laughing in the very first chapter. Violets lame boyfriend breaks up with her which leads to a series of awful things happening to her that just get more funny as the day progresses. Both Violet and her mother say the most embarrassing and mortifying things when they get nervous and it is hilarious!

This is the story of a gorgeous guy named...
Published 20 months ago by The Book Runner

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting more and what I got was an okay YA novel.
I really wanted to love this book. I had high expectations for it, maybe too high. With the title I was thinking it was a more in depth, emotional read. I wasn't expecting it to be a pretty cliché storyline by the end of the novel, especially with the title of the book I wasn't expecting more.

Violet is a funny (she made me laugh out loud on several...
Published 17 months ago by Jessica's Book Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Should She Forgive His Lies????, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)

This is the story of a gorgeous guy named Zane who can have any girl he wants who meets his future step sister and can't seem to stay away from her. Violet is pretty too, but she has self confidence issues that keep her from seeing how beautiful she really is since she was fat as a child with daddy issues and wonders if all boys cheat. Falling for Gorgeous man-whore Zane could be a big mistake! The goddesses he traipse through his place while she temporarily lives there make Violet seem way out of his league or his "type". But she falls for his charming ways and loses her heart. Unfortunately, he has secrets and they really could break that heart.

Chapter 10 hilarious moment:
The next night I walk in on Zane just coming out of the shower. He's wearing nothing but a towel knotted low around his waist. Beads of water slide down his tanned muscles, from his chest down to the fascinating rides along his hips....
Don't worry, I handle it well. I scream, "Ewwww!" and run from the room.
No, I really did. I walked into that room and saw the hottest sexiest guy I've ever seen - wet and half naked. And I said, "E[...]"
I know. How am I still single, right?

I love Violet's personality and all her embarrassing moments. I do not like all the cheating that has gone on (dad cheats on her mother, boyfriend cheats on her, best friend cheats with a married man...) and I found myself agreeing with Ms. Helize and Violet's own instincts, that Zane is going to break her heart. The story had some really sweet moments, a lot of deception and EXCELLENT embarrassing moments that had me wiping my eyes. I love this author's style and would read another book from her.

There are references to sex, sexual situations, naked girls and some profanity. Like most self published books, there are definite editing issues.

Would I/Did I buy it? Free Download
Would I read it again? Maybe
Would I recommend it to friends? Yes

4.0 out of 5 stars You gotta read this story, November 24, 2012
Bea (Brea, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)
I loved loved loved this book. It was humorous, sexy, witty and romantic. Our Hero (Zane) had a secret that I figured out pretty quick. Something happens to the heroine's BFF and we are supposed to wonder "who did it?", except once again I guessed correct, BUT that's okay because if I wanted a mystery I'd be reading mystery novels. No, this book is good because of the way the story is executed. Violet and Zane go from strangers to friends to something more. The chemistry and sexual tension between them keeps them company during the whole transition. Violet is absolutely hilarious, adorable, caring, loyal, smart and playboy model gorgeous - Zane didn't stand a chance. He is described as Brad Pitt level gorgeous. He is the whole package (melt panties kind). If you are into graphic detailed love scenes this book is going to be a let down. I would describe the love scenes as heated moments that fade to black. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would have preferred jealousy scenes where Zane was battling with jealousy; not bat crazy jealous fits, just something that gave him insight on how Violet felt when chics flirted with him. Other than that I am so glad I bought the book. It was well worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting more and what I got was an okay YA novel., February 24, 2013
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)

Violet is a funny (she made me laugh out loud on several occasions) 17 year-old girl. She is just your average girl, which I loved that she wasn't the outcast OR the popular girl, she was just normal. Violet's mom is marrying a man she just met two months prior who has a gorgeous 20 year-old son Zane. Zane is a player, having a different girl in his bed every night and tons of money to blow. Violet can't help but be attracted to him and the feelings become mutual. The two have a steamy secretive romance not wanting their parents to know they are together even though they are about to be step brother & sister. Zane and Violet begin to get series but Zane is keeping a gigantic secret from her and once Violet finds out everything changes.

What I liked: I really liked that the story was humorous. I wasn't expecting to actually laugh out loud at more than a few scenes. I liked the character of Zane, he was mysterious but sexy. He was rich and a player but he was a nice laid back kind of guy. The book started off really strong, in fact I would have given the first 70% a 4 star review. Though it is a little too YA for me, they had a PG-13 relationship and found it realistic of a high school senior girl.

What I didn't like: I wasn't a fan of Violet, she was a bit immature. Zane once mentioned he thought she was mature for her age but I found the opposite, especially towards the end of the novel. Zane's secret... first I have to give props to the author because I totally did not see what the secret was coming. I was shocked but disappointed. I was hoping it was something more in depth serious. I do not want to say too much and spoil it for you readers but the secret was totally out of the blue with no clues at all of what it was. When his secret was revealed that is when the book went to a 3 star rating. I just kept thinking "For real? No way! You've got to be kidding me?" I just didn't like that the story became totally impossible at this point.

It's a cute YA read. It wasn't bad just not great and the ending left me very disappointed. I enjoyed the humor in the book but overall it was just okay.

I give Falling For The Ghost of You 3 Stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Cute & So Funny, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)
This read had me laughing like a dork! Seriously... Like at times I couldn't even stop laughing.
Violet.. moments from finding out her boyfriend was cheating on her finds herself in an embarrassing situation in front of one of the hottest guys she's ever seen. Later while at a restaurant in the mist of meeting her soon to be step dad the "hot guy" shows up to be none other than her soon to be step brother, Zane.
While her mom is away on an extended pre-honey moon Violet ends up with no where to stay but with Zane. The tension between both of them is thick. Unfortunately for Violet when she's in awkward situations the most awkward and hilarious things comes rolling out of her mouth.
Violet & Zane find themselves falling for one another. Not wanting to spoil the plot for anyone... Lets just say Zane is hiding a big secret that could tear them apart. Violet struggles with her feelings and her naively and makes for some pretty funny moments. The read was predictable but not wanting to miss a word that would tumble from Violets & her mothers mouth had me turning each page with anticipation.
Nicole Christie wrote a a sweet, witty tale that had me laughing and at times I truly felt the embarrassment that Violet felt.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars~ Cute, sweet and so funny, December 22, 2012
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)
It took me a few pages to get into the author's writing style. At 1st I was thinking it may be on the younger YA side based on Violet's inner dialogue. But after a bit I saw it was more of her sense of humor than immaturity and I needed to switch gears to read it correctly (I'm not making sense, sorry). I had to picture Anna Farris (from House Bunny, What's Your Number, etc) as Violet. It's that kind of humor. I personally love it. I laughed so hard several times through out the book and really grew to love the style of this author.

Violet is back from a summer in Hawaii getting ready to start her senior year of high school, when she finds out her boyfriend is dumping her. But don't worry about hearing some sob story for half a book, she's got other things going on. Like how her mom met a rich man and got engaged while Violet was gone over the summer. And how Violet's soon-to-be new step-brother is pure hotness. Zane maybe be a computer geek on the inside but he sure doesn't look like one one the outside. I must confess- I didn't like his character to start with. We blatantly see what a man whore he is. And that just puts me on STD alert ;) but oh how quickly he grew on me throughout the story!
And I loved Violet and Zane's relationship. We definitely got some steamy stuff but without explicit scenes. :)

This is a light-hearted book. Stories like this are a big old breath of fresh air when you've been reading dark heavy junk, and I enjoyed this book completely!

And there was definitely a surprise in store for me. Because even though I thought I was pretty good about guessing plots- this one took me all the way until I got to 60% before I said "Wait... WHAT?!?" Haha. Kudos to the author. She's got some really smart stuff in there and totally threw me off the path a couple times. I loved it.

I would definitely recommend this book if you're looking for a good beach read, or just something to make you smile. I'm a fairy-tale ending kind of girl and this definitely delivered. I'll look forward to checking out what else this author gives us!

2.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of my time!, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)
So... I've passed by this book a number of times because I didn't like the cover... Why didn't I stay away! Actually, the reason I gave in was because goodreads suggested it was similar to fallen crest high. Errr no. Sure the main characters are girls in high school... And that's where the similarities end. This book is another cliche, where the main girl is alternative (but not) and falls in love with a sex god. Exclamation marks are used way too often. The blurb says readers should be seventeen or older, but the main character acts like a crazy 13 yr old... Not my kind of read - I want something with at least a little substance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but missing something..., January 13, 2013
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)
I liked the book. I thought it was funny and the awakard moments that Violet gets herself into can be hilarious. The reason I only gave it 3 stars was because I just could not see the relationship between Violet and Zane. Zane is supposed to be this worldly, mature individual, and yet he is attracted to Violet? It didn't make sense. The author tried to give Violet too many contrasting characteristics. She is supposed to have these mature qualities that would attract Zane and yet she consistently acts like an immature 17 year old girl. Maybe it was the age difference, or how the author set the characters up, but the connection between characters was missing for me.

Overall I thought it had its funny moments, but I would not buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious! Sweet! Sexy!, November 5, 2012
momlovesromance (Mesa, AZ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!!!! This book is also a sweet and passionate love story between a rock star incognito and the unlikely young woman he falls in love with--who just happens to be his soon-to-be stepsister. Sounds kinky but it's really not. The way they try to hide their feelings from others is cute. Violet was a freaking riot! Violet and her mom Lily kept me laughing. But what I loved most was the interaction between Violet and Zane. She's gorgeous, but awkward and hasn't come into her own as a woman yet. He's a player, handsome as sin and just a little bit lost when they find one another. She's different and he becomes just a bit protective and they begin to develop a friendship, It's weird to think they are only three years apart in age because he's so sophisticated and worldly. That's also the charming thing about the relationship.

Honestly, I'd love to read other books from this author. I'd read about Violet even if Hot Guy wasnt in the book. But I'd rather have a sequel.

3.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this book but...., August 26, 2013
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)
This novel was funny, laugh out loud funny. The author obviously has a fantastic sense of humor. A few editing errors were obvious but not too distracting. The reason I took off a few stars was due to the jailbait factor. And it was in here twice!!! It seems to be common in young adult fiction for underage girls to hook up with older men. Ick. High schoolers? Really? At least make them 18!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Secret rock star....., January 9, 2013
This review is from: Falling for the Ghost of You (Kindle Edition)
Ok,I had this as an Amazon recommendation, read some reviews and decided to pass until it was free. So, I got it free and I read it. The humor in this story is great. The quirks of Lilly and Violet are cute an made it funny. The way they ramble on and get flustered is something that happens in real life. What kept me from giving this book more stars is that Violet had real insecurities, but she never deals with them, always thinking that she was less than. For me personally, I believe that you only let people make you feel less than, not that you actually are. It would have been nice to see Violet see herself as a beautiful, intelligent young woman she is, rather than a girl with big boobs.

Falling for the Ghost of You