Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
Fallout 3 - PC
|Price:||$16.24 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$3.75 (19%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Fight for survival against terrors of the outside world, radiation, and mutants after nuclear fallout
- Latest in human ability simulation affords unlimited customization of characters
- Expansive world in modern super-deluxe HD graphics
- Features ability to pause time in combat, target specific body parts, and queue up attacks
- 1st- or 3rd-person perspective
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
For 200 years, Vault 101 , a fallout shelter, has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom! ? Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! ? Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation ? the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views! ? The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice! ? Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast 'Em Away With V.A.T.S.! ?Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! ? At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness! ? Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|Processor:||2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor||Intel Core 2 Duo processor|
|RAM:||XP: 1GB System RAM |
Vista: 2GB System RAM
|2 GB System RAM|
|Video Card:||Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)||NvidiaDirect X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series)|
|Supported Video Card Chipsets:||NVIDIA GeForce Series 200, 9800, 9600, 8800, 8600, 8500, 8400, 7900, 7800, 7600, 7300, 6800; ATI HD Series 4800, 4600, 3800, 3600, 3400, 2900, 2600, 2400; ATI Series X1900, X1800, X1600, X1300, and X850|
Platform: PC | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
First off, graphics. I'm running the game at High quality (as opposed to Very High) on a computer using parts that were cutting edge about two years ago. Visually, this game is a total knockout; painstakingly and stunningly rendered down to the smallest detail, from the wreckage and debris everywhere even to the level of most NPCs. The character models in particular stand out as a vast improvement over Oblivion's, although the character animations - particularly on hills - is still as stilted as ever and you will notice some repetitive faces. Where the game truly shines is in the environmental design, particularly on the graphical level - I can safely say that no other game has ever felt as real and vibrant (albeit dead, considering it's post-apocalyptic) as Fallout 3. The environment truly feels real, especially coupled with a surprisingly logical and high-quality approach to level design - office buildings and schools are laid out like office buildings and schools, most buildings have bathrooms inside. Wreckage and debris are used strategically to block off areas and direct the player, rather than bizarre architectural choices as in Oblivion (who builds a fort in the shape of one long tunnel?). I can't rave enough about the high-quality graphics, a few relatively minor animation issues and mild NPC face repetition notwithstanding. Downtown DC, with its half-demolished monuments and museums, is absolutely breathtaking.Read more ›
- Spectacular Graphics (I'd have said beautiful, but we ARE talking about a post-apocalyptic world here). From blown-up highway overpasses to angry super mutants, players will be completely visually immersed in the game.
- Massive World. Fallout 3 is not a "first ten hours and you're done" game. The developers have said that F3 contains over 100 hours of game play if all of the side quests are done and, having played a good portion of them, I can say that this seems to be correct.
- Interesting World. There's a lot to see and do in post-war D.C.! Visit the Washington Monument, try and find historical documents, join a cult, stop slavers, or become one yourself! There are plenty of new (and different) things to do in Fallout 3.
- No Turn-Based Combat. Fallouts 1&2 featured turn-based strategic combat; Fallout 3 is primarily First-Person Shooter style. The V.A.T.S. system of location-specific targeting has been added to sort of simulate turn-based combat for those interested, but it is poorly done (EX: what appear to be high-percentage VATS shots with a clear view from first-person end up being completely blocked by the target's slight movements; VATS will not stop the shooting even though precious ammo is wasted). Gameplay is primarily first-person, though a buggy "shoulder camera view" can also be used. If you love FPS games, this will not be an issue.
- Lacks Original's Dark Humor.Read more ›
1)It's a polished, complete piece of work, especially compared to alternative PC games in 2008.
There are a few bugs here and there, but there is an overwhelming sense that Bethesda actually tested the game and outside people actually played the game before it was pronounced ready to ship.
2)The replay value is huge.
The variety of paths and complexity of open world experiences tell me I'm going to spend at least a hundred hours with this.
3)It's configuration friendly.
I have a rig that can smoke most fast-twitch PC games out there, but you don't need that level of investment to enjoy this game. It's cool to have a new $50 game come out that doesn't expect people to spend $500 on hardware just to enjoy it.
4)The DRM is reasonable. (Said while holding nose and grimacing)
I have nothing good to say about DRM. Software DRM remains totally ineffective against piracy. It only hurts honest people. Bethesda has made this DRM very light. You need to have the DVD in the drive when you install it, but there is no on-line activation and no requirement to have the DVD in the drive when you play. No DRM would be better, but I can live with this.
5)It doesn't feel like a console game tweaked for the PC
Except for a couple of changes around key bindings (like being able to bind keys to mouse wheel movements), it feels like the PC experience was part of the design from the start.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love the entire Fallout franchise, especially the masterpiece that Fallout 3 is. I wouldn't doubt any single day to give this game a 5 out of 5 star review, but the reason why... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Got it on sale for around 3 dollars. Has compatibility problems with Windows 7 and later versions. Takes a bit to get it to work but it was wroth it for me.Published 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
I haven't played Fallout 3 a great deal, but for the probably 4 hours I've played it, it is a good reliable FPS. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Jean-Luc Hayes
Bought this game a few days ago and I CANT STOP playing! I can't believe this was only $2.49 to download! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Alex
Played it on the PS3, so I know it's a good game, however it doesn't play on my laptop, due to my computer being Windows 8; you'll have to search for alternative ways to play if... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
You are a guy with a serious daddy complex... Your dad leaves... What do you do? Obviously you go after him, killing every bad guy in site. Daddy Quest 2008.Published 1 month ago by Refraction Ghoul
Its a good game, but like everything I get from STREAM it would not work on my computer!! Froze and quit working after 30 minutes!! Will have to delete and re-download. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Marty
BEST GAME EVERE! I love it and is better i buy on 2$ is a good game i love it!Published 1 month ago by Gabriel Rosa