Customer Discussions > Fallout 3 forum

Fallout 3 - an Xbox semi-exclusive?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2008 6:37:41 AM PDT
A. Dent says:
My understanding is that the Bethesda boss promised a lot of Xbox marketplace extra content at the E3 but no such promises were made for the PS3.

That's fine with me. It's okay for a software developer to have a bias and to favor one platform over another. It's also okay for me not to encourage such a behavior with my dollars. I am planning to buy a used copy of Fallout 3 rather than a new one because I do not want for my PS3 user money to help Bethesda develop even more stuff for Xbox that I can not enjoy.

By the way, I hope there will be a sequel to Oblivion. Fallout looks okay but I would prefer a radiation-free, magic-rich world where sunny days are possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 8:58:41 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 22, 2009 2:14:59 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2008 6:35:11 PM PDT
Anti-Lucas says:
I guess I need to do some research on this. If what you say is true, I may just have to cancel my pre-order. I'm all for organized boycotts of companies that basically offer "lite" versions of their games to PS3 owners. I overlooked the same thing with GTA4 and was rewarded with a terrible game that I sold three weeks later. I will never buy a Rockstar game again and as much as I like what Bethesda does, they could find their way onto my boycott list as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 9:44:48 AM PDT
Kr155 says:
I don't think boycotting a game will help the situation. if the developer doesnt sell on the ps3 they simply wont make games for the ps3. now as for the extra content. they are talking about DLC the release games are supposed to be the same but xbox and pc customer will be able to buy the expansions. Kinda like the ps3 version of oblivion not getting shivering ilse (at least not right away). if you see yourself buying the expansion then you may want the 360 or pc version if you don't care then this really shouldn't matter. keep in mind this probably has about 100 hours of game play out of the box :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 8:37:33 AM PDT
Most of the downloadable content will likely either be released concurrently or at a later time through Sony's PSN. I haven't heard anything recently about exclusive DLC. The only other thing I can point to is GTA 4's DLC which will be out in November? 2008, for the 360, but it seems most gamers have moved on from that game and may or may not return for 10 hours of content of missions from Rockstar.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2008 6:32:41 AM PDT
Kr155 says:
"Most of the downloadable content will likely either be released concurrently or at a later time through Sony's PSN. I haven't heard anything recently about exclusive DLC."

Bethesda said the content was exclusive to the 360. of course that COULD be timed exclusivity, but it wouldn't surprise me that MS is willing to pay the money to make the DLC permanent. I agree though. This game is probably a good 100 hours. I've just never played a single player game that many hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2008 8:45:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 23, 2008 2:39:52 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2008 12:40:17 PM PDT
ilves says:
If you have a choice, I'd buy the PC version... if they do release a construction set the user generated mods will be worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 4:44:49 PM PDT
T. Paslay says:
Kr155, you're exactly right. The best thing you can do is buy the PS3 version. If the developers see that PS3 sales are comparable or higher than the 360 then they'll see a need for releasing content to keep their PS3 customers as well as seeing a major market for releasing cross-platform games and expansions in the future. If they don't see a significant, marketable, demographic for a specific platform they'll quit developing for it, deeming it not profitable. In the game industry, dollars speak louder than loyalty.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 7:23:02 PM PDT
Keith Hagel says:
Well, that really expensive Amazon-exclusive collector's edition (the one with the pip-boy replica) sold out first for the PS3. That's gotta make Bethesda notice, at least a little bit.

Buying just as many (or more!) copies of Fallout 3, or any other multi-platform game, is the best way to let developers know that we PS3 users will buy the stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2008 7:35:26 PM PDT
Yeah Michael Jackson, you're a moron, dont you have kids to molest or something?

Straight and simple, Microsoft has really deep pockets, lots of disposable income. Even if they didnt profit off the 360, they still could have done other things to make money. Sony just will not throw money at 3rd party devs for content, also have stated time and time again that 3rd party devs should have their work out for everyone, not remain exclusive, if they choose to, great, but if they wanna go multiplat, you wont hear a peep from Sony. The Xbox got buried last generation by a long shot, Microsoft finds a promising game, either buy the game Studio shares (Bungie, Epic), and publish them through Microsoft Game Studios, and other companies cannot touch them until the contract expires. I promise once the contract expires from MS game studios, and Epic wants to make a quick buck, it will come to PS3. Rock Band 2, Bioshock, are examples of how deep MS pockets are, they gave them money to keep timed exclusivity, now the term is expired and now the PS3 has RB2, and Bioshock.

Jackson, its shortsighted fools like you that keep you humping your Xbox at night, and casual gamers, or gamers that own both (like me) look at you like you are retarded trying to bite your own ear.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2008 10:40:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 23, 2008 2:39:41 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2008 11:28:38 AM PST
Japorean says:
You see what a lot of people are misunderstanding everything about this whole "loyalty" deal. The bottom line is that the game publishers are in the market to make money. No one is out there in the market to lose money therefore if microsoft buys certain video game exclusive then its up to sony to do something about it as well. Must we remember that for the LONGEST time GTA has been a playstation exclusive and only until GTA IV has there been a universal console release. People should not point any fingers they should just buy the game for whichever console they have a preference for. And as some other people discussed here earlier, the amount of games sold speaks louder than loyalty. Buying a used copy doesnt tell the game developers anything about how their products sold because they dont see any of that money. Just buy them new and enjoy them for what they are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2008 12:22:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2008 8:16:36 PM PST
A. Dent says:
I did - the $10 card deal did it for me. I figured it would take a while before I could get a brand new copy where sell price plus shipping would add up to less than $49. So everyone should be happy now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2008 2:39:24 PM PST
B. Cole says:
Other then just buying the game for PS3, I'd like to sign a petition for Bethesda to provide equal treatment for PS3 users. I've seen numerous petitions across the web in various forums, and I've also found this one:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Wave360/petition.html

It's too bad they guy who made this one is so damn illiterate. Oh well. Anyone know of any better ones? Either way, buying the game wouldn't be enough to get Bethesda to give us downloadable content as well. We need to show them it's something we want, and feel we deserve. Give us the same content that will be released for Xbox, or give us our own exclusive, comparable content for only the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2008 1:10:14 AM PST
Kurt R. says:
For all the good it will do I've also signed the petition. I've also read that any patches, including the much touted trophy patch, will perpetually have an ETA of "eventually". Bethesda really seems intent on burning bridges with their PS3 owning fans.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2008 2:33:32 PM PST
Epi Man says:
Don't buy it. But send a letter to Bethesda telling them you are a customer who did not buy it on PS3 and will not buy another version
because you don't buy half-finished versions. After MGS4 its clear the PS3 can do anything people ask of it, its just that developers are lazy. Don't reward their sloppiness, but make sure you tell them why they lost the sale.

Or just rent it and tell Bethesda why you did not buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2008 1:38:21 PM PST
Fallout 3 has already been patched with trophies for PS3. Plus patched for the freezing that was happening when you got messages from the PSN.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2009 10:38:32 AM PST
S. Stygar says:
no it just means they'll see people will buy the ps3 version even knowing they won't get anything else.
People bought GTA4 and Oblivion and DLC is still not available in either. How many more people need to buy these before they will magically realize they should create DLC?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fallout 3 forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Jul 18, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 by Bethesda (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (468)