Customer Discussions > Fallout: New Vegas - PC forum

"Fallout: New Vegas" Voice Cast Officially Announced

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 1, 2010 8:39:25 AM PDT
From USA Today:

- Ron Perlman (returns as the Narrator)
- Matthew Perry (a double-dealing New Vegas gangster)
- Zachary Levi (Arcade, a playable human companion)
- William Sadler (Victor, the digging cowboy robot seen in the first teaser trailer)
- Wayne Newton ("Mr. New Vegas," an on-air radio personality)
- Danny Trejo (Raul the Ghoul, a playable companion)
- Kris Kristofferson (Chief Hanlon, a "grizzled soldier")
- Felicia Day (Veronica, a Brotherhood of Steel scribe)
- Michael Dorn (reprising his role as Marcus the Super Mutant, from "Fallout 2")
- John Doman (the dictator of the Caesar's Legion faction)
- René Auberjonois (Mr. House, a "mysterious recluse")

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-08-10-fallout10_ST_N.htm

It's also interesting to note that Matthew Perry was/is a huge big-name celebrity fan of "Fallout 3" (he received carpal tunnel syndrome from playing it too much), and thus was probably contacted by Bethesda about playing a role in this new game.

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 2:18:12 PM PDT
General Pete says:
Cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 9:33:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2010 9:57:48 AM PDT
Mark Lahren says:
Yep, definitely cool. A-list voice actors can add a ton of believability to an A-list game, while bad voice actors can nearly ruin an otherwise great game.
On the other hand, I have played B-list games with B-list voice actors, where I found the results somewhat charming.
Then there are C-list games (such as "Raven Squad"), where the voice acting was so bloody awful, that the results were simply hilarious, and yet worth playing just to hear the awfulness. I'll try to dig up a Youtube link to the acting in Raven Squad to show you what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls3bNH1iB_o&feature=related
The voice acting starts at about 2:00, and gets progressively worse as the video goes on...

And then there are the D-list games, usually Russian imports with horrible voiceovers that are just plain amusing. See: Exodus from the Earth.

And now, my All-Time Favorite for bad voice-acting: The classic "Michigan: Report From Hell" (PS2 I think):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GLaqV-sxo
Warning: You may end up watching the entire video series to see what happens; it's addictive.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 10:20:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2010 10:31:27 AM PDT
H. Le says:
Voice acting from FO3 was excellent and based on the OP's list, I expect FO:NV to be the same. Wayne Newton is spot on as Mr. (New) Vegas and so is Danny Trejo as the ghoul. Beside narrating, I think that Ron Pearlman should also voice an actual character.

If only we can add some more older heavy weights like Alec Guinness (that's Obiwan for those who don't remember classic flicks like Dr. Zhivago or Bridge on the River Kwai), James Earl Jones, Judi Dench, Anthony Hopkins; or the entire cast of Glengarrry Glen Ross for that matter, my wish list will be complete.

Talking about bad voice acting, I always remember Gothic 1 & 2, where the voice acting - English with heavy German accent - was so bad that it's actually good. Eventually and inexplicably, it became an endearing trait of the games for some fans like myself - where I actually liked it as it is and no longer want them to 'fix' the voice acting for the sequels.

Thanks for the links, I'll be sure to check them out when I get home.

Posted on Oct 18, 2010 11:20:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2010 11:21:24 AM PDT
I got you all topped for bad game-acting:

"Resident Evil: Director's Cut," on the PS1.

The barfulous acting in that game gives breast cancer to passing Chihuahuas.

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 11:07:50 AM PDT
kpsting says:
It would be impossible to add Alec Guinness to the cast since he's dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2010 11:46:07 AM PDT
H. Le says:
kpsting,

Thanks for the update. Looks like I am behind on the news. Too bad, I think he had the best story-teller voice of the actors that I know.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fallout: New Vegas - PC
Fallout: New Vegas - PC by Bethany House Ministries Inc (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (300)