Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Fame Monster [Deluxe Edition]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 449 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 6, 2011
Lady Gaga is no cookie cutter plastic pop star in the likes that mainstream is so used to seeing. Her image is edgy and the music on this album is heavy brilliant innovative pop with dark lyrics and powerful messages. Wether at a party or a club, one can't ignore how fast dance floors fill when Gaga's songs come on, but the thing that I love the most about these powerful dance floor anthems are the thought process and the meanings behind them.

1. Bad Romance - a song about being in love with your friend and wanting absolutely everything from them, even their ugly and their most deepest darkest part of them that they think nobody else would like, but also about that relationship being in such a state of convolution that ends up being detrimental and feels like they could write a bad romance novel out of it. The way she references Hitchcock movies during the second verse is absolutely genius! Overall a powerful dark dance anthem 10/10

2. Alejandro - This song is about the fear of sex and intimacy. How your past lovers can hurt you and ruin you for anyone that comes after them. That's the dilemma between Gaga and Alejandro, as much as Gaga loves him she just can't be with him because she's afraid to get hurt again. "And all those flames that burned before him/ Now he's gotta firefight gotta cool the bad" is one of my favorite lines of the song. It explains how Alejandro tries to fight against the resistance she puts up. Overall this is one of my most favorite songs on the album, there are so many addicting layers to and it somewhat reminds me of ABBA and Swedish music which I love! 10/10

3. Monster- One of the most creative and tantric songs on the album, I love how Lady Gaga sounds soulful in some of the harmonies but yet she maintains this dark electronic vibe throughout the song. I would've LOVED to see a music video to this. The song is like nothing she's done before and I'm crazy about the ferocious lyrics! My favorite line is

"We French kissed on a subway train, He tore my clothes right off
He ate my heart and then he ate my brain!"

One of the most addicting songs on the album!! 10/10

4. Speechless- a 70's inspired rock song Lady Gaga wrote out of desperation for her father and his unwillingness to get heart surgery. The lyrics are close enough though to be considered a heart breaking love song about a relationship gone bad. Lady Gaga sounds powerful and raw in this song. I dedicate it to all my past lovers who've done me wrong! 10/10

5. Dance In The Dark - LADY GAGA'S BEST SONG TO DATE!! "Dance In The Dark" is a song about insecurities, and how the person you're with can only deepen them and make you feel worse about yourself. It's also an anthem of empowerment cause it talks about breaking free from those inhibitions and restraints. I cannot tell you how many times I have quoted "I'm a free Bitch Baby!" and how those words empower me to be more of an independent person and not to rely so much on the validation of others to realize my self-worth. The pounding mysterious 80's synthesizers give it this dark Epic New Wave feel that will have you hooked from the very beginning! 10/10

6. Telephone - A hammering club anthem that gets you up and moving! This song just gets better more grandiose everytime i listen to it. There's nothing really significantly deep about this song other than it's about suffocation and wanting to have a good time without the interruptions of technology, which i I can totally relate to! And although this song is incredibly catchy and upbeat I think it was a bad choice for second single, Since "Dance In The Dark" or "Monster" would've had a much bigger impact on pop music in the same way that "Bad Romance" did. 10/10

7. So Happy I Could Die- I LOVE the sound and the hypnotic electronic slowed down tempo of this song. This track is about addiction and how you can be in such a euphoric and happy state with it that you're blinded by it not caring or realizing that it's bad for you and it could be deadly in the end. She also sings about masturbation and how it can help you through some of the darkest moments of your life when you feel like everything is just falling apart

"And in the silence of the Night,
through all the tears and all the lies
I touch myself and it's alright"

I smile every time this song comes on, It's incredible!! 10/10

8. Teeth - This is a very eccentric track and it's completely ALL over the place and I LOVE IT!! It's immensly creative, raw and I love her unfettered ranting and how the whole thing sounds tribal and something completely out of this world. A smashing way to end the album and one of my favorite songs 10/10

Lady Gaga is incredibly talented and this album is just completely ground-breaking! Putting out this type of dynamic material soley a year and a half into her career leaves me in complete anticipation to see her more in the future!! She is the true definition of an Entertainer and an Artist

My Top 5
1. Alejandro
2. Bad Romance
3. Dance In The Dark
4. So Happy I Could Die
5. Teeth
55 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2009
Yes, this CD is edited, but the unedited version will be released online in December. I've gone through many of the different blogs and it looks like GaGa had a slight disagreement with the record company who wanted the songs to be censored. Don't worry, the uncensored versions of all of these awesome songs will be released soon enough. Personally, I think the music is awesome either way. A great album.
1717 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2009
This is truly an amazing album and worth every penny, but don't make the same mistake thousands are making right now. These versions are all censored on Bad Romance, Dance in the Dark, and Monster. Cherry Tree however announced that they will be releasing the uncensored tracks ASAP. The announcement was made via the Cherry Tree Twitter account.

Have patience. The best is yet to come.

NOTE: Do not blame Amazon for sending you the wrong CD because as of this posting an uncensored version does NOT exist.
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2009
Okay okay, so it's been censored...kids like her music, they may not understand it (thank god) but they should get to listen to GAGA too...so yes it's been censored but it's still BRILLIANT! Now read on...to what I think of this album...

This woman is amazing...people love her and yes a huge chunk of the population hate her (or don't understand her which leads to hate) and of course I do get her and love her.
I heard Just Dance like evryone else and didn't know what to make of her, all I knew was that I liked her, a lot, but like, A LOT A LOT! It was a long, hard wait for The Fame to be released...and there was a nervous knee jerk reaction in my thinking that surely it wouldn't be released in Australia....but it was, we don't get a lot of quality power pop american music (thank god for Amazon)....The fame blew me away....

I often buy albums and wonder where the artist will go to next, and the waiting to see where they will go drives me nuts, but miss gaga has let us see a small glimpse into her future and it looks bright.

The eight track Monster Fame is as good if not better than the original Fame whcih you get as well when purchasing this re-release...

It's the same catchy pop, the lyrics that I am sure as sure mean something to gaga, they have underlying meanings many might not want to understand.... I do.

Tracks like Dancer in the Dark had to have been influenced by Madonna's Vogue (the spoken celeb rap is a little too familiar)and Alejandro has a distant call of the material girls La Isla Bonita....but all popular music owes something to Madonna...

Other standouts are Teeth with it's sexy thromping and also the brilliant and I mean BRILLIANT Telephone with Beyonce...hard to imagine but they go together well and of course gaga isn't out shone...

I just saw the concert of this in Australia, we had a massive production of it and I was FRONT ROW...She was mesmorising. The video interludes were almost as good as the live show, I pray that GAGA releases them on DVD, PLEASE GAGA! Your little monsters want them!

One helluva clever lady, I've heard people saying that she'll be over in five years (they said that about Madonna too).....Where is she now?

On top of the world...
66 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2010
The Fame Monster Explicit!!!! Great to finally hear all the songs with the lack of censorship!!! Thanks Gaga for having this released!!!
on November 23, 2009
Another amazingly creative masterpice by Lady Gaga! Too bad it's censored!!! =( I specifically searched for the EXPLICIT version, and this album is listed as EXPLICIT. Regardless, every track is still phenomenal!

As with all Lady Gaga's songs and performances, each new track is crafted just as she wants it. These new tracks are just as you've come to expect from Gaga, loaded with intense electro-retro-glam-pop-deliciousness! I was delighted with every song! And if, like me, you absolutley loved The Fame, let that love affair continue with The Fame Monster!

Amazon has since removed the EXPLICIT listing on this album.
on November 24, 2009

Have patience. The best is yet to come.

NOTE: Do not blame Amazon for sending you the wrong item because there is no Explicit version of this album available as of this posting!!!
on November 23, 2009
So much's been said about Lady GaGa this past year, her provocative fashion, desire to shock and uncanny ability to create a killer hook which included five US Top 10 singles by now. Then there was the comparison to Madonna, Christina Aguilera and Gwen Stefani.

The truth is Lady GaGa makes darn good electropop music and she is not ashamed of it. There's no hiding behind the art or talk of being eclectic. The Fame Monster is not so much a breakthrough but a showcase of GaGa's talent of creating catchy songs. Bad Romance, while unfairly compared to some of her past hits, is a stomper, the sort that belongs to a fashion runway. The big chorus and somewhat erratic vocals speak of the joys of a bad romance. Other standout tracks include the celebrity-name calling Dancer in the Dark with all its electronic stutter (and we haven't heard such stylish name calling since Madonna's Vogue). Then there's the insidiously infectious Monster and So Happy I Could Die where GaGa sings about loving that lavender blond and touching herself. Of course, Beyonce pays a courtesy call on Telephone, a sort of a followup to their collaboration Video Phone, but ten times more danceable and catchy. Then there's the sole emotional ballad, Speechless, which by the end, would have left one wondering if GaGa had sung about brokenhearted self.

The Fame Monster continues where The Fame left off. I only wish it were longer. B+
on February 22, 2010
"The Fame Monster [Deluxe Edition]" will go down in music history as one of the best extended debut pop/dance albums ever. It's loaded with catchy, danceable, and repeat-listenable tracks--with enough hooks to catch a sea full of fish! If you don't "get" Lady Gaga overall, well, trust me, you're not letting yourself go enough in life (loosen up, folks, it feels good, wakes you up, and won't hurt you!). Allow Gaga the performer and Gaga the songwriter to mess with your head in a pleasurable way. She's great performance art in motion. She's got a real singing voice (check her out on YouTube for dozens of fascinating live performance versions of her many original songs--some sung with only a piano accompanying her--she doesn't have to hide behind a production studio's door to sound good). My youth was spent listening to and watching folks like Annie Lennox, Deborah Harry, Cyndi Lauper, and Elton John (and with the mind-tweaking likes of Monty Python and Mad Magazine as well)--Annie, Deborah, Cyndi and Elton have prominently gone on record as loving Gaga. Think of what they were like in their youth, and you'll "get" why: She's a breath of fresh air in the music and art world, just as they were back then (I still love all four and consider them still vital, but you get my point about how all 4 were also breaths of fresh air when they first emerged on the music scene), someone really pushing the envelope in an increasingly pre-packaged, slick, mind-numbing era...as Gaga says, "Just Dance, It'll Be OK"...and have a blast! Let yourself become one of her "Little Monsters" (her nickname for her fans).
on November 25, 2009
I was at Target the other day. I decided to get Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster on a whim. I have to admit I hadn't heard the first single "Bad Romance" so I didn't know whether or not I would like it as a whole, but as a fan of Lady Gaga's music I just had to buy it. I am so glad that I did. The 34 minute album was definitely worth the money. The Fame Monster is even more addictive than The Fame. I consider The Fame Monster an extension of The Fame but with a more '80s new wave edge in the music. Unlike The Fame though, I didn't find one song on the album that I wanted to skip. I love just how infectious the melodies are as well as the distinct '80s new wave sounding the songs have. The songs that really stuck out with me is "Bad Romance" and "Dance in the Dark". Both songs are unbelievably catchy. The melodies just sticks in my head. "Bad Romance" is really addictive. I find myself playing this song quite a bit. I also love Lady Gaga's vocals. I think she sounds even better on this album. "Dance in the Dark" sounds like it came straight out of the 1980s with its crisp synth beats. Normally I have never been fond of Lady Gaga's ballads but I totally dug "Speechless". I'm glad Lady Gaga ditched the r&b influence from her previous album for a more retro vibe. It is much more fitting given her persona and fashion style. What I didn't care for was Beyonce's vocals on "Telephone". She is the only thing that dragged down the album for me. Never was a fan of Beyonce, and never will be. I personally wasn't bothered by the lyrics. I don't care if they were clean or dirty. I enjoyed The Fame Monster.