Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Families and their Social Worlds (2nd Edition)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 1, 2014
I found the Families and Their Social Worlds a very good text book, I needed this book for my sociology of the family class and it went into depth of different families and their cultures. I decided to do a review on this book because I like how it just makes everything so clear about different families and how they are so different from each other. I'm going to tell you about the first 8 chapters in this book. In the first chapter it explains the sociological imagination to the study of families, the book is trying to explain that a family can be more than just personal and private relationships but to broader social concerns. In chapter 2 the book discusses marriage, Family, and Kinship. In chapter 3 it discusses how families have changed throughout history, In chapter 4 t gives you broad definitions of sex, gender, and families, I personally enjoyed this chapter because people really don't under the difference between sex and gender, In chapter 5 s tells about Social Stratification, social class and families, In chapter 6 it defines race and ethnicity in families I personally enjoyed this chapter as well because as I stated before most people don't understand the difference between the two, In chapter 7 its tells about Courtship and Intimacy and in chapter 8 it discusses marriage. I recommend this book t everybody rather your still in school or not , I feel as if I didn't take this class I wouldn't have gotten this understanding that I have now because of the book.
on March 6, 2013
This was a required text for my Sociology of Family class. I thought it was easy to read and was current so even after I completed the class I didn't feel the need to sell it, I added it to my bookshelf.
on March 29, 2015
This book was posted as 'like new' however it definitely was not. Pages were torn and full of post it's, he cover is about to fall off, and it looks like it's been through the ringer.
Unfortunately as a student, I have to keep and use it.
on March 4, 2013
The book arrived in 2days and looked like it was brand new. It was much cheaper than buying the book in the bookstore and as i said the book looks brand new. Its in great condition. So if you want to save some money and still get the quality other students are getting from your local book store on campus, you're in luck.
on October 15, 2013
I am majoring in Human Services...it is required to take sociology. I am enjoying the book so far. It is teaching me stuff that is going on in the world and how I can make a different in the world.
on March 12, 2015
This book really helped me catch up with my class reading assignments, it is also helpful in understanding families and their social lives. Thank you Amazon.
on March 29, 2016
A little bit torn on the edges with some markings inside, but overall a fairly good deal for the price. I used this for my SOC 201 course online.
on October 18, 2011
I was so excited to see that this book was about 50-60 dollars less than what my college was selling it for. I received it a few days before class, it was shrink wrapped and in perfect shape. I will definitely search Amazon for college books in the future.
on June 16, 2016