|Digital List Price:||$4.99|
|Print List Price:||$11.49|
Save $11.49 (100%)
A Family Affair: Truth in Lies (Truth in Lies, Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 267 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Audible NarrationAudible Narration: Ready
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Book 1 of 7 in Truth in Lies (7 Book Series)
Featured Recent Releases
Browse the following literature & fiction recent releases to find your next great read.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Mary should have known she'd become a writer when at age thirteen she began changing the ending to all the books she read. It took several years and a number of jobs, including registered nurse, receptionist in a swanky hair salon, accounts payable clerk, and practice manager in an OB/GYN office, for her to rediscover writing. Enter a mouse-less computer, a floppy disk, and a dream large enough to fill a zip drive. The rest of the story lives on in every book she writes.
When she's not working on her craft or following the lives of five young adult children, Mary's digging in the dirt with her flowers and herbs, cooking, reading, walking her rescue lab mix, Cooper, or, on the perfect day, riding off into the sunset with her very own hero/husband on his Harley Ultra Limited.
If you would like to be notified when Mary has a new release, please sign up at http://www.marycampisi.com/book/book-release-mailing-list/
Mary has published with Kensington, Carina Press, and The Wild Rose Press and she is currently working on the next book in her very popular Truth in Lies series, the A Family Affair books. This family saga is filled with heartache, betrayal, forgiveness and redemption in a small town setting.
Top Customer Reviews
I am torn about leaving less-than-glowing reviews, I feel for creative souls that put their work out there for others to critique. At the same time, honest reviews allow potential readers to decide if this is the kind of book they are looking for. I also hope to perhaps encourage authors to write stories that hold-up without the foul language, that leave a little to the imagination on some topics and where young women (and older ones) don't sell themselves so cheaply.
1. Excessive foul language: really it was not needed except to lengthen the book considerably.
2. Uncle Harry: He really grated on my nerves, besides cussing with just about every breath he took his mind was constantly in the gutter, not a likable character at all.
3. The "other" woman: Really, she rattles on about "God's will" while she had been having an affair with a married man and not one bit sorry for it, plus she was portrayed as being some kind of saint, as was the cheating husband.
3. Nate: There was nothing about this character that I liked, while I understand it is natural to defend a parent, he was old enough to realize that his mother was as much to blame for his little sister not having a steady father as the man she was cheating with, they BOTH made the choice and he was wrong to say that whether or not she was willing is not the point, it is exactly the point. Plus I find it hard to believe that the main character would throw herself at a man who constantly blamed her for something she had no control over, his attitude was sickening and she should have told him to get lost.
The whole thing left me with a bit of a depressed feeling that took a little while to shake off, I guess it was because this cheating couple was made out to be a pair of saints by a whole town and made it to seem like what they did was all right.
Real characters, real situations and stories where people change, realize, reflect and move on seem to be my favorites.
A Family Affair has all these elements. Great read, awesome story development and at the end satisfaction of reading a story well told....
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All of Mary Campisi's books are great! Typically, I read murder mysteries but this genre is a great way to just feel good about yourself and those around you. Read morePublished 3 days ago by bethhelp
Characters are awesome and the story brings surprises which really keep it moving. I liked it enough to get the next one. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|A Family Affair -Missing cover on Kindle & Kindle for PC||
I have several books on my Kindle that do not show the
covers. It definitely makes it hard to choose what to read next. It also makes it hard to remember if you purchased the book when you see it on the e book bargains or reading deals. I did notice that if you're looking at the carousel on your... Read More
Sep 24, 2015 by Connie Quillin | See all 2 posts