Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Family Feud Decades - Nintendo Wii
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I love the actual game show but I wasn't sure how you would enter words on the game. Well you hit a button to buzz in and then you just point your Wii mote at the screen keyboard to spell out your word. It is super easy to enter and fun! I played this so far against the computer and love it. Now it is pretty basic, you go through the rounds and then have the final round where you have to answer all the questions within a minute to earn more than 200 points. It is just like the show! It also has a spell checker and it gives you synonyms so you don't have to get the exact word (like butt is also derriere). There are so many questions (over 2500) that I don't think either I will run into duplicates anytime soon! You also get to choose which era you want - 70s, 80s, 90s, or 2000s and then which difficulty level you want. Very fun and I can't wait to play the party mode and with my mom, since she is a huge Family Feud fan!
on July 31, 2011
My parents bought a Wii for during the winter and to have around for my niece and nephew. I periodically pick up a game for them, and Game Show games are their favorite. I got this one on a recommendation. After reading the cover, I figured it was worth a shot. I was right, but on some levels I was disappointed.

Good: I found entering answers easy (this is good and bad as you will see). My mom has trouble sometimes getting the pointer to an exact spot and she did not have too much trouble. I was worried about how the game decided if you were right or wrong but found no problems with that. As another review pointed out, as you are typing your word, the game puts up what it thinks you are answering after the first few letters. This helps a lot. Answering in synonyms was not an issue either. If the answer is "bun" and you say "roll", you get credit for it. Its easy to learn, if you know the TV show you'll be fine. The graphics are fine. There is not a lot of repetition with when they give instructions. The audio is pretty much the same from one game to the next, but who buys a game like this for the audio anyway? There are "unlockable" prizes, and you can set up an avatar you always use to keep track of them.

Bad: I only have three complaints: First, while typing in an answer you mean to give and the computer does it's "fill in" thing up above, sometimes...........well, no........a lot of times the game gives you another answer. I can't think of any examples at the moment, but we played about 5 games and it happend three times. Second, there is no option to use your Mii with the game, and the avatars are not as customizable as I'd like. Heck, ALL the contestants are women. Third and last, almost every time I got to the final round, I got the 200 points with one person. This doesn't happen that often in the RL game.

Something of note, that to me is neither a plus or minus: The host is not visible, ever. Don't expect to see a host going from person to person and telling jokes like in real life. This does not bother me because I think it would eventually become repetitive. Others might be surprised or disappointed by not seeing him though.
on August 4, 2013
My husband (57) & I (44) started playing as soon as game arrived (we're on easy mode so far). We have the other Family Feud too so we weren't sure if we'd like this one as much but we do. We're already addicted & played for 3 hours straight! Love the different decades: 70s, 80s, 90s, & 00s.

I think older kids & young teens would likewise like this game if they could yell out answers & have someone else input the answers. My husband doesn't have patience to do this on any game so we're always a team on Wii game shows (we have most of them) & I'm always the one who has the Wii mote. For answers: point & click on the virtual keyboard letters - usually only need to click on 2 or 3 letters before your word comes up in options above keyboard & then click on that. Important to do quickly as there's a time limit. You have the option to play against each other so my husband could play against me but we haven't done this. Probably best for marital bliss to be on the same team anyway. To get through one complete game lasts about 25 min. (that's if you won the 4 rounds & get to do the bonus fast money round to win the virtual $20k). There were also occasionally tie breaking rounds when neither family reached 300 points in the 4 rounds. As you win more games, you unlock more virtual clothes for your avatar character.

Pros: Simple yet nice graphics, speediness, fun, good questions, can play this game alone or with another, Questions are said aloud plus you can read the questions (in case you weren't listening).

Cons: I wish the people could be our Mii characters instead of the limited people provided. I didn't expect this since the other Family Feud is the same (choose from 6 female or 6 male characters & choose from hairstyles & clothes). Just thought I'd mention it since using the Mii's would've been cute. Wish we could choose the family we're with. You get to choose your characters from limited options but you don't get to choose the other members in your family.

Highly recommend to everyone who enjoys Family Feud on TV, wants a fairly simple game similar to tv show & are ages early teens through past middle aged adults.
on June 5, 2016
Game was in dvd case that was broke so game was rolling around inside case, no instructions or cover for game, most likely my fault didnt read description, game not being secure in broken dvd box not good
on March 5, 2014
This is a fun game. Plays pretty much like the TV show. The game tries to guess what you're typing which speeds up making guesses. This is both good and bad.
The one issue I have (and it's only minor) is that all the players look like women...or at least cross dressers. I'm fairly confident in my masculinity but even I get a funny feeling when I have to choose a player. I have no problem when I have to play female characters when they look female but when you're looking at your player thinking "what is that?"....
on December 29, 2012
This is a fun family game. My only complaint is that using the controller to point and choose letters is a bit awkward and at times frustrating as we see the time running out while trying to complete a word. The game does predict and offer up words as you type. Sometimes this works well but at times, especially when the answer you are looking for has more than one word, it can be a bit cumbersome.

UPDATE: Questions repeat too frequently so I have decided to downgrade my rating for this game.
on May 18, 2011
This game is ok. You can't do much customization to the avatars/characters or set your name. You play with whatever family the game gives you. I was a bit disappointed in this. Despite loving the game show I've only played this a couple of times.
on December 27, 2012
This is a pretty fun game with friends and family. Its ok alone. I think the default answers are ok, contrary to other reviews. It doesnt automaticlly mean the answer is right. I had a default that was a wrong answer. So the engine of the game is decent. Its worth it at a discounted price for sure.
on February 3, 2013
This is a fun game and I love that you can choose your decade. However, some of the questions are repeated and the game doesn't give you time to have people leave and re-enter the room during the fast money round.
on January 6, 2012
I bought this game personally after playing it with my brother and his family. I noticed some problems then with using a second remote. It doesn't click fast enough to be the top contestant to answer. The first remote is always the winner. I also noticed that some to the answers are ridiculous and makes no sense. But, if set your mind back to that decade and what the surveyors would ask say at that time, you will come off a winner.

I actually gave the game 3.5 stars. It does need some tweaking to make it a fantastic game like the real show. But overall, you'll probably enjoy it with your family on game night.